Seaplane Eastern Cruise?

Sallieanne

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this excursion? Is it still offered as a Disney excursion? Did you think it was worth the money & are 12yr olds too young?
Thanks in anticipation of your feedback!

Are you talking about the one out of St. Thomas?

If so, DO IT!!!

We took this flight in March 2003, with our then 9yo DS. The views you'll get of the Virgin Islands are breathtaking! You'll be wearing headphones, and the guides will describe what you're seeing and explain some of the history of the islands. The planes hold maybe 15 (?) people.

If you're an airplane buff, you might really like the little aircraft they use: a DeHavilland Twin Otter VistaLiner. A cool old airplane with lots of history. You won't find many of these in use any more.

These are operated by Seaborne Airlines, www.seaborneairlines.com. There are some photos of the planes on their website.

(Also not-to-be-missed are the biplanes in Key West!!!)

Thanks KathyTX,
Did you book it thru' Disney & how much was it?
How long would you say the whole excursion took?

Whoops, that cruise would have been March of 2002 (not '03).

I don't remember the cost... we did book through Disney. The whole excursion probably took less than 2 hours. The flight departs from the harbor area downtown. It seems like we just met up there... but there have been a couple of other cruises and many excursions between then and now, so the details get a bit muddled in my head!

I can't seem to find that listed as a excursion with Disney??
Does anyone know if it is still offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter