Seaworld

teril

Mouseketeer
I've read on some discussion messages there are a lot of closures at Sea World. My 5 yr. old daughter really had her heart set on seeing Shamu...however we live in the NW and I would be happy to take her to a whale showing near home later if need be. How is it at Sea World...worth the time and trip or would it be better to spend our time at a water park or one of the other parks. We will be in Florida for a week. We are huge disney fans but it will probably be a while before we can fly to Florida again.

Thanks for any help....19 days and counting:bounce:

Sea World is an outstanding park...and if you have a day...go...you will love it. Your dather can pet dolphins and sting rays (feed them as well)...the shows are excellent!

If you like marine animals then definitely go. I love Sea World. The shows are also very good. They also have a play area for the kids. It is definitely worth going to. There usually is something closed at Sea World. You can call and ask them. One time it was the playground and the next time we went one of the shows was closed down. There is also a roller coaster ride and a "flume ride" that is awesome. You can feed the dolphins and seals for a small charge. You can touch a stingray. There is also polar bears, sharks, penguins. The Shamu show is the best (especially when you get splashed). If you have to pick between a Disney water park or SeaWorld, it is really a decision based on the family likes and dislikes.

Check out the Seaworld discussion forum here on the board.

The Terrors of the Deep is the only exhibit that I have heard closures about.

If they like water rides, they will love Journey to Atlantis. Kraken is a don't miss big adult coaster. The Clyde and Seamore show was so funny, and the Nightime Shamu is nothing to be missed.

My son loved Sea World Ohio, and both of them will be going to Sea World Orlando this year. You can go to seaworlds website to check on the closures.

We loved Seaworld last year. The shows were outstanding, the crowds much less, and hey free beer, can't complain there...
And also when we were there last year, they were offering a second day free option. Just validate your ticket at guest services.

We went to Discovery Cove as well, and THAT was fabulous.. swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling, wildlife aviary, stingray lagoons, lunch that was included, and it also came with a FREE 7 day pass to Seaworld...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter