Second All in One Disneyland TR Thread - Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout Review 5/30-6/2

Those kiosks look great! There is something at each one that I want to try! Today is the first day that I am actually feeling better. So I'm doing laundry, putting away our suitcases from the Mississippi trip and all that fun housecleaning stuff!

I hope to get out to the kiosks next Friday. If Fran won't go with me, maybe I can get Jim to come!

Those kiosks look great! There is something at each one that I want to try! Today is the first day that I am actually feeling better. So I'm doing laundry, putting away our suitcases from the Mississippi trip and all that fun housecleaning stuff!

I hope to get out to the kiosks next Friday. If Fran won't go with me, maybe I can get Jim to come!

The kiosks looked good and fun to go to. The only downside is the long lines just like at Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival which they can be very long. The process is the same like Epcot. There was at least one kiosk that I wanted to try. Glad to read that you are feeling better and you are able to go back this week to DCA for the Food and Wine.

Just been back over a week after a fun time at the Disneyland Resort during the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival which returned since 2010. This was actually my first time attending the DCA F&W Festival where I have went to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival in 2012 & last year. Since the Disney announced the return of the DCA F&W Festival back in February, I had to go back to the DLR to try out the food at the DCA F&W Festival. I had to make a trip for that event in April which ran from April 1st to May 1st. This isn’t the first trip where I made one in a short time where the February 27th to 28th was less than a couple of weeks for the AP Days in February.

Originally I was planning on going by myself but DAW was interested as well which she came with me for that weekend. When I pick the dates for the DCA F&W Festival to go to, I was thinking of going the second weekend but that was during the last home game of the Sacramento Kings at Sleep Train Arena (aka Arco Arena) for the last NBA game until they move to the downtown arena Golden 1 Center. So I had to choose the first weekend since the other weekends, I am busy with basketball.

I knew that it was going to be busy that weekend since it is the first weekend of the F&W Festival along with Spring Break during certain schools. When we were going that weekend, I was planning on trying something new that I rarely do when I go to the Disney parks. DAW and I bought did the Celebrity Kitchen Experience that weekend and we got to see Robert Irvine host of Restaurant Impossible.

We left on Friday morning and got to Anaheim around 2pm. The first thing we did before we got on over to Best Western Park Place Inn which is where we will be staying again is at Mimi’s Café. This is like our traditional restaurant for me and DAW where we have to eat at Mimi’s Café. When I am at the DLR with DAF, we eat at the ESPN Zone.

After lunch, we head to the hotel and we got to check in to our room at 3pm which was a good sign. When we got settled in and rested instead of going to the DLR immediately. We didn’t go to DCA until 5pm which was a little late but from the long drive from NorCal to SoCal which can take you out a little.

When we got to DCA, the first thing we did was walk around until we head on over to the kiosks to get our food that day. So we started off at Hollywood Land to look at the Mad T Party stage including the Disney Art stage right across from it and there was nothing going on at that time.

The stand for the Mad T Party have been converted for the DCA F&W Festival from selling alcohol, cheese plates.

The event board for April 1st.

After being at Hollywood Land for a while, we now head on over to the DCA F&W Festival which was on the walkway going towards A Bugs Land, Cars Land, Pacific Wharf and Paradise Pier entrance/exit areas. The first kiosk that we went to was Gold Rush. There were other kiosks that we could have stopped first but this was the first one that we stopped at.

Viva Fesca! Menu

The good thing about the menus at DCA F&W over Epcot F&W is that it shows a picture on the menu board.

It was not that busy that day which was around 6pm. Friday and Saturday were the slow days where Sunday was crowded. There were problems at first when I observed the CM’s working at the registers for the kiosks. There were at times where it takes a while to process an order. But the system at the DCA F&W Festival is similar to Epcot F&W Festival where you get your receipt and take it up to the kiosk and get your food or drink.

There were about 3 to 4 CM’s in the kiosks serving the food or drinks.

We got a Triple Cheese Mac with Smoked Chicken

Artichoke Chips with Spicy Aioli

I really like the triple cheese mac with smoked chicken which I got multiple orders during the trip. The Artichoke chips were baby artichokes that are fried with a nice aioli sauce.

After finishing our first food, we head on over towards the Blue Sky Cellar Lounge to the AP lounge where it was used for the AP Days in February. I was looking forward to going to the BSC to get free AP stuff.

We got a F&W Festival button including a recipe card which had the recipe for the Artichoke Chips with Spicy Aioli. We entered the BSC and they showed some AP merchandise from the DCA F&W AP shirt and the AP Festival Marketplace Tasting Passport lanyard. At the time it was $45 and now it is $39 which was overpriced.

There were Disneyland souvenir merchandise from the Country Bear Jug and DL Diamond Celebration Mug.

The prototype Mickey Mouse Balloon shape popcorn bucket.

Big Thunder Mountain Mine Car popcorn bucket

After being in the BSC, we head on out and back to the kiosks. The next one was “The Farm”.

I got the Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider with Chimichurri Sauce.

Right by the Sonoma Terrace, there was the Beverage Seminars which had wine tasting. We weren’t interested in that event but it did sound fun to taste different types of wine.

We head on the end towards Paradise Pier where the last kiosk is “By the Bay” which was one of the kiosks that I wanted to go to.

By the Bay menu

Of course, if you have been to Epcot during the Food & Wine Festival and tried the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at the Canada kiosks, you will enjoy the White Cheddar Ale Soup with Bacon in a Boudin Sourdough Mini-Boule. This was by far my favorite food at the DCA F&W Festival.

We also got a Coconut Tapioca Flight with Fresh Mango.

After trying the great cheese soup, we started to walk back down to go to the other kiosks that night. It wasn’t as bad as I have thought that night but when I went to a few of the different kiosks that I wanted to try, they were out of food for specific dishes.

The next one we went to was LAstyle. Unfortunately, they were all out of the Pork Belly Bao Taco so I had to go to another kiosk.

We went to the Wine Country and got the Zinfandel-Braised Wagyu Beef.

After we tried the food, DAW was a little tired that night so she went back to the hotel while I stayed at the DLR that night. I was considering staying a little bit longer at DCA, but it was now time to head on over to Disneyland.

It got dark that night and there were already people staking out for Paint the Night parade and Disneyland Forever. I wasn’t on planning on watching PtN or DF but I wanted to walk on over towards Frontierland to see what the construction was like that night. At night is very dark but interesting is that the Mark Twain was still open that night.

It was nice to be able to get some nighttime shots on the upper levels of the Mark Twain. I also asked the CM’s if I could set up my tripod and they had no problem with it. So I was able to get some shots from the upper level which you don’t get when Fantasmic! is running.

After getting some pics on the Mark Twain, the 9:10pm Disneyland Forever fireworks was about to start. So I set up around the Rivers of America by the railing area which is nice to set up since Fantasmic! is closed till next year. So this was a good opportunity to get pictures of the Mark Twain that night along with DF.

I used the Tamron lens and used the Neutral Density Filter 0.9 that night for the fireworks.

After DF was over, I waited for a while until DL started to get less crowded since most of the guests would leave after the fireworks is over. So I stayed around the Frontierland/New Orleans Square until it was time to head on out of the park.

Before I left, I went on over to NOS Railroad Station to get some pictures of the trains that was stationed at the station. At NOS was the E.P. Ripley with Holiday 2 car set that had the caboose. The CM’s changes the trains once in a while during the week with another one so it would be different. You couldn’t go on the station platform but I was able to get some pictures that night.

I then head on back to Best Western Park Place Inn to call it for the night. I was able to do some of the food from the DCA F&W Festival. Now that we completed the first day, the next day will be the important one from eating more food, going on rides and the special event that evening.

I'm so bummed that I can't make the F&W Festival! We did go to the very last one (and funnily enough, it was our first!) but really enjoyed it. Hopefully it does good this year so that they continue to do it from now on.

Also, me and you just missed each other by a couple weeks I think. We went down for the night March 9, stayed at BWPPI and spent the entire day March 10 at the parks. We have never stayed at BWPPI but LOVE the location! Would definitely stay there again.

DAW and I bought did the Celebrity Kitchen Experience that weekend and we got to see Robert Irvine host of Restaurant Impossible.

How fun, can't wait to hear about that!
26294581091_3b2c6f6f21_b.jpg

This is awesome! Unfortunately, the Hungry Bear restaurant was down when we were there :sad2: But this is something I would love to have!

Interesting that the booths go out this far. I remember the booths only being in the main 'hub' and then over in that back building kind of next to Monsters Inc. Do they now have booths pretty much located everywhere throughout the park?

This is a spectacular shot!

Yay! I finally found this trip report and between my tablet and my laptop, I was able to see all of your pictures. I do not know why I have problems seeing them but I persevered and it was worth it! I didn't know they had a wine and food festival at Disneyland! I want to go! EVERYTHING looked delicious!!!!!! Thanks for taking the time to post your report. And your pictures of the fireworks with the Mark Twain and Big Thunder were gorgeous!!!

Sounds like a pretty good day even with the drive and all!

We had a nice first day even with the drive and coming in late for the DCA F&W Festival. The food was great and glad that you were able to experience it.

I'm so bummed that I can't make the F&W Festival! We did go to the very last one (and funnily enough, it was our first!) but really enjoyed it. Hopefully it does good this year so that they continue to do it from now on.

Also, me and you just missed each other by a couple weeks I think. We went down for the night March 9, stayed at BWPPI and spent the entire day March 10 at the parks. We have never stayed at BWPPI but LOVE the location! Would definitely stay there again.

How fun, can't wait to hear about that!

This is awesome! Unfortunately, the Hungry Bear restaurant was down when we were there :sad2: But this is something I would love to have!

Interesting that the booths go out this far. I remember the booths only being in the main 'hub' and then over in that back building kind of next to Monsters Inc. Do they now have booths pretty much located everywhere throughout the park?

This is a spectacular shot!

Hopefully you will be able to go to it next year. It is not as good as the one at Epcot but it is nice to have the F&W Festival back at DCA. Even though it was tough that first day where the kiosks ran out of certain dishes and we had to wait to come back for it which is annoying.

Just barely missed you by a week. One day we will have a meet up. Glad that you were able to stay at BWPPI and loved it. You can't beat the location (except at GCH which is the closest).

There are 8 kiosks along with small carts that sell other items during the F&W Festival which they were all close to each other. There were also tables and stands for people to eat which is nice to have. During the F&W Festival, Pixar parade didn't run due to all the traffic from the F&W Festival. The booths that are used for the Mad T Party are used as well which have smaller items like wine, cheese, etc. The quick counter and sit down restaurants have one or three special dishes or drinks during the F&W Festival. Like at Pacific Wharf Cafe, they were selling a dungeness crab corn chowder. I wanted to try those different food at the different restaurants but i wasn't able to do that which was disappointing.

Yay! I finally found this trip report and between my tablet and my laptop, I was able to see all of your pictures. I do not know why I have problems seeing them but I persevered and it was worth it! I didn't know they had a wine and food festival at Disneyland! I want to go! EVERYTHING looked delicious!!!!!! Thanks for taking the time to post your report. And your pictures of the fireworks with the Mark Twain and Big Thunder were gorgeous!!!

Nice to see you on here Denise. The DCA F&W Festival was announced in February which was late and wasn't advertised that well. But it was nice to have it back at DCA after a 6 year absent (2010 was the last year until this year). You will want to try it if you have went to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Thank you.

Looks like F&W at DCA might need to go on the bucket list.
Thanks for sharing.

You will have to try it out. Might not be as good as Epcot F&W Festival but it is nice to go if you are here in the U.S.

Thank you PiO.

The next day, DAW and I got up early like usual when the DL & DCA opens at 8am. We were looking forward to another day at DCA for the second day at the DCA Food & Wine Festival.

We got to the park a little after 8am that morning and the first thing we did was to get FastPasses for Radiator Springs Racers which DAW must do ride when we are at the DLR. I was able to get FP’s for RSR around 11:15am to 12:15pm which works perfectly since we can go to the kiosks after the RSR.

It was quiet at the kiosks at DCA that morning where it won’t open at 11am. It makes sense to open the kiosks at 11am during lunchtime.

The first thing was to head on over to Cars Land to ride the newest ride which is Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters. Just about a week after I was at the DLR in February, Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roaders opened and I just missed it by a week. Now this time we were able to ride it as the first ride of the day.

10 minute wait was way better over 30 minutes which wasn’t worth it from what I have and talked to other people about the new ride.

The queue for LRR is still the same except for the name change.

The ride looked interesting where you just get in the car and enjoy the ride experience. The whole track have been replaced solid where the old Luigi’s Flying Tires platform has changed.

When we got off the ride, the new LRR is a nice ride which is fun but I would not say it is better over LFT. But it is a nice ride where the cars are synch nicely on the trackless platform.

After we finished, we had a while until the DCA Food & Wine Festival opened at 11am so we head on over to DL that morning.

DL was not that busy in the morning but there were quite some people out there.

First thing we did was head on over to New Orleans Square/Frontierland to go on Pirates of the Caribbean which is another one of DAW favorite rides. But before that, I had to get a pictures of the screen by the Rivers of America.

I didn’t take any pictures on PotC which I just enjoyed riding on the boat. When we got out, I had to get some pictures around Frontierland during the construction of Star Wars Land.

It is so weird to see the backside of Frontierland like that.

When we walked on out of Frontierland, we head on over to our next attraction that morning.

We went on Storybook Land Canal Boats which we haven’t rode for quite some time. It was nice to go on SLCB that morning where we only had to wait about 10 minutes.

After riding on SLCB, we head on back to DCA.

After we finished riding Storybook Land Canal Boats, we head back on over to Disney California Adventure in order to go back and enjoy the DCA Food & Wine Festival.

The F&W kiosks are not opened yet until 11am and it was still early that morning.

Before the kiosks opened and waiting to use our FP’s for Radiators Springs Racers that afternoon, we head on over to see the exclusive sneak peek of Disney The Jungle Book at It’s Tough to be a Bug theater.

After seeing the sneak peek of “The Jungle Book”, we head on over towards Cars Land in order to use our FP’s for RSR. It was around 11:20am where the kiosks for the F&W Festival are opened and we would do the food after the ride.

Our picture that afternoon on RSR.

After RSR, we head back on over the walkway where the kiosks are located for the F&W Festival. The first one I was heading on over to the The Farm for the tenderloin slider but when I got there, they were already sold out of the slider. I was bummed at first but I can understand that it is popular. These food are not made at the kiosks but backstage in the kitchen where the kiosks are brought in by the hot boxes.

So we head on over toward By the Bay

We got the White Cheddar Ale Soup with Bacon in a Boudin Sourdough Mini-Boule again which is my favorite and this time we got the Chilled Shrimp and Snow Crab Cocktail.

After finishing the two dishes, we went back to The Farm and see if the tenderloin slider was back in stock which we waited about 20 minutes after we left the kiosk when heading on over to By the Bay kiosk.

Once again, it was out of stock so I stayed in the queue in order to get the Meyer Lemon Macaron with Blueberry Dust.

Then we just walked around the walkway where the other kiosks are located and you it started to get a little busy that afternoon but not as bad like Sunday which was the worst in my opinion when we went that day but that will be told on another update from the trip.

The menu for the Wine Country and The Vineyard which had the Zinfandel-Braised Wagyu Beef I got on Friday.

I went on over towards the LAstyle kiosk in order to get the Pork Belly Bao Taco.

When I saw the queue, it was not as long like the other queues for certain kiosks. I was worried that one of the items on the menu was sold out. When I talked to the CM about what I wanted to order and they told me that the Pork Bao Taco was sold out. I was bummed that it was sold out but I was planning on coming back to that kiosk that try the Pork Bao Taco.

DAW was getting a little hungry that afternoon since she only ate small portions from the F&W Festival so we decided to go to a regular quick counter restaurant at DCA. I was thinking of going to Pacific Wharf to try the Dungeness Crab Corn Chowder served in a Boudin sourdough boule but DAW wasn’t interested and I thought about it after being done with Dungeness crab for a while.

So we went on over to Cars Land at the Cozy Cone to get a Chili Cone Queso which DAW like to get when we are at DCA.

After finishing the Chili Cone Queso, we decided to head on back to the room and rest up since we were at the park at 8am till 1pm. But we had the Celebrity Kitchen seminar at 5pm with Robert Irvine that evening which makes sense for us to rest since we come to DLR a lot.

So we head on back to the hotel to rest up until it was time for the seminar.

We rested for about 3 hours back at the hotel until we head on back to DCA that night to attend the 5pm Robert Irvine Celebrity Kitchen seminar.

It was around 3:30pm when we left BWPPI back to DCA. We head on over to Hollywood Land where Stage 17 is the location for the Celebrity Kitchen seminar.

When we got to Stage 17, there were a registration desk for the guests who were attending the 5pm seminar. There was the regular table and the other was the VIP table for the guests who paid an extra $50 more for better seats, souvenirs from the seminar and a picture with Robert Irvine.

I saw Alison (@franandaj) in the VIP queue where they were first. They told me that they got there super early sometime around 2ish time where they were going to get the best spot during the seminar. For us, there were about 12 people in front of us which was not that bad since we got there before 4pm. But when time goes on more and more guests started to show up. Good thing that we can an hour before the seminar started.

When it was around 5pm, we were escorted into Stage 17. The stage for the Celebrity Kitchen seminar was nicely done for the stage where the whole building still has the Frozen Fun façade. So I would guess that later on the Frozen Fun set up will be used again in the near future. This is like during the AP Days in February where the setup is still there. We got the fourth table row where the first three were for the VIP.

Alison was able to get the first row and close to the stage.

When the show started, there two people introducing Robert Irvine and went backstage to the Kitchen to see the work.

This was by far my favorite pic from the seminar which he wasn’t happy about the camera being in the kitchen.

They showed some clips from his Food Network shows from Dinner Impossible.

During the seminar, there was audio technical difficulties where we heard him talking out loud without the speakers and there was times where it was on and off and he made a lot of jokes about it.

When Chef Robert Irvine came out of the backstage, it was so exciting and loud from all the guests. I was trying to clap as well but when I have the DSLR in my hands, it was all about taking pictures. I really wanted to bring my video camera for that seminar but I had to take pictures instead.

During the seminar, he was very interactive with the guests where he walked in the crowds instead of being on the stage for all the time.

He started to work on the first course while talking about the ingredients that we are trying first.

The first item he was making when the CM’s servers brought it out before he completed it was a lime vodka drink.

It was not that bad but I am not a drinker type of a person. Chef Robert Irvine made the drink without using a mixer where just used a spoon to stir.

Then he started on the next item which was the appetizer. I can tell from the ingredients on the stage kitchen that they were Asian ingredients which was some kind of salad.

When we saw what ingredients he was using, he had a tuna, sriracha, sesame oil, salt, pepper, lime, soy sauce, mint, celery, green papaya, fish sauce, avocado puree, shallots, peanuts and micro greens.

We had a tuna salad which was quite good.

When we were all eating the salad, he started to move on to his next dish which was the main course. But he started to bring guests from the tables and had them cook with chef Robert Irvine.

We were going to have a lamb dish

For the lamb dish, we were served a Malbec wine.

Some of the ingredients that he used for the main course were lamb, lemon grass, chillies, shallots along with grape seed oil. The lamb was seasoned with salt and peppers and he grilled the lamb. Then he put the lamb in the oven. Then he started by making a side dish which was fried a cauliflower. He added mixed capers, parsley, pepper, onion, cucumber, green tomatoes, salt pepper, lime jiice, and tamarind paste which he mixed it together.

The lamb dish was very good along with the cauliflower.

During the seminar, he came off the stage and talked to the guests. There were times where he was right next to us while we were at the table.

He also talked about the Robert Irvine Foundation which is a non-profit organization that helps the men and women of the military personnel of enriching the lives and their families. He was in the Royal Navy and has a big heart for military personnel. It was nice of him talking about his charitable foundations.

During the seminar, Robert Irvine kids and wife was in attendance during the seminar. His wife is professional wrestler Gail Kim.

After he talked, it was now over. Now we were about to leave. The VIP people were able to stay in Stage 17 so they can meet Robert Irvine up close and take pictures with him while we ordered the regular tickets. I was thinking of buying the VIP package but the extra $50 per person didn’t seem like it was worth it. But during that 5pm seminar, it feel like there were more VIP over the regular guests which the backside of Stage 17 was empty behind us.

For my experience, it was well worth the price that we were able to attend the Robert Irvine Kitchen Celebrity seminar. I mostly don’t do these event even during my times at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival but I thought it was worth a shot since it was at DCA and attending my first seminar for the F&W Festival was well worth it. DAW had a fun time as well which she really enjoyed the seminar. I remember that she asked Robert Irvine a question but I can’t remember it.

After the seminar was over, we went on back towards the kiosks for the Food & Wine Festival that day. The food at the seminar was not a full meal but like sampler types and now it was time to head on back and eat more food during the F&W Festival. The kiosks did look busy that night but they didn’t look as busy like on Sunday afternoon which it was very busy. Most of the queues had at least 10 people or more.

We went back to the LAstyle kiosk in order to get the Pork Belly Bao Taco and this time it was the Pork Belly Bao Taco that I got.

When we were eating, we talked to some other people that were eating just like us during the F&W Festival. It is always nice to be able to talk to other guests at the parks where going to the DLR makes it even more special.

After we finished, we decided to head on back to the room since DAW was not feeling tired that day. I was the same thing for some odd reason. So we ended around 8pm that night and head on back to the room instead of staying at the DLR that night. It was a good thing that we got the extra rest but sometimes I do regret that I missed another good opportunity at night to get nighttime long exposure shots like I did the other night. But I had plenty of opportunities to get shots while I have an Annual Pass.

We went back to the room that night and called it which was early. Even though we didn’t get all the food that we wanted to try that day but I was satisfy how it went and the Robert Irvine Celebrity Kitchen seminar was well worth it. We were able to meet nice people and I was able to see Alison and Fran that day.

Wow! Great update Bret! I heard they grossly underestimated how popular the Wine and Food Festival was going to be and ran out of a lot of the food. Glad you were able to get your pork tacos!

I'm sorry to say I've never heard of Robert Irvine but your meal looked delicious and looks like you enjoyed the seminar.

Love your pictures from the Storybook Canal! You must have had a great lens!

I'm working on my installment of this day for as soon as I wrap up the other TR. I had no idea that things were sold out like that. Fran told me she read an article online that the F&W Festival was a complete success. Due to the food selling out faster than they ever expected, they are already planning to bring it back next year.

I will start making my reservatios for next year in a couple weeks. My thoughts are that it will start the weekend after Easter like it did this year. They don't need to boost attendance for Easter week, so it's my guess it will start the week after. At least that's what it did back in 2009-10.

Robert Irvine was my favorite of the seminars. He is really a great guy, and has such a big heart and a great sense of humor. Also his food was fantastic!

Catching up!

Love the Robert Irvine edition. Fantastic to see the pictures and your take on it.

Wow! Great update Bret! I heard they grossly underestimated how popular the Wine and Food Festival was going to be and ran out of a lot of the food. Glad you were able to get your pork tacos!

I'm sorry to say I've never heard of Robert Irvine but your meal looked delicious and looks like you enjoyed the seminar.

Love your pictures from the Storybook Canal! You must have had a great lens!

Thank you Denise. It was a shame that Disney underestimated the DCA F&W Festival this year after a 6 year absence. It was tough to go that first weekend of the F&W Festival but it was well worth it to finally attend the DCA F&W Festival.

The two courses that he presented were nice and good. It would have been nice to be bigger but it was fun to try his food again.

I used the Nikon 70-200 f/4 telephoto lens for those shots which was hard to get where it was a zoom in and out lens.

I'm working on my installment of this day for as soon as I wrap up the other TR. I had no idea that things were sold out like that. Fran told me she read an article online that the F&W Festival was a complete success. Due to the food selling out faster than they ever expected, they are already planning to bring it back next year.

I will start making my reservatios for next year in a couple weeks. My thoughts are that it will start the weekend after Easter like it did this year. They don't need to boost attendance for Easter week, so it's my guess it will start the week after. At least that's what it did back in 2009-10.

Robert Irvine was my favorite of the seminars. He is really a great guy, and has such a big heart and a great sense of humor. Also his food was fantastic!

That is good news to hear that the DCA F&W Festival will be coming back next year. I will be going down next year for that event again and hopefully with other family members. DAW had a fun time at the event that she will want to go back next year.

It will be easier to go on a slower week instead of that weekend in April where it was so busy at the parks. Friday and Sunday were busy during my days which Saturday was quiet where the AP blockage for everyone except for the premium. Oh wait it is now signature, signature plus & premier which they call it.

After reading your reports on Andrew Sutton and Guy Fieri seminars, it does seem like you enjoyed chef Robert Irvine more over the three.

Catching up!

Love the Robert Irvine edition. Fantastic to see the pictures and your take on it.

Hi PiO.

Thank you. It was well worth going to the Robert Irvine seminar on the first weekend of the DCA F&W Festival.

This is just a quick update from my latest trip to the Disneyland Resort on June 3rd to 5th. This trip was just another solo with me alone. I won't be writing a long trip report like i usually do but it is to tell my experience of seeing the new "Frozen Live at the Hyperion" at Disney California Adventure. No I didn't go down to SoCal just to see that but was down there to renew my Annual Pass which I got the Signature.

I will be skipping Friday the 3rd and head to Saturday June 4th on that day.

For that Saturday morning, I got up early in order to get the FastPass for Frozen Live at the Hyperion for the 12:30pm show. I went to the DLR at 7am that morning which was an hour until the parks open. I went early so I could get the FP in advance so I won't have to wait in those long queue. The FP station is located on the left hand side of the Hyperion Theater close to the Marvel Meet & Greet area.

When the park opened for the rope drop, a lot of people head on over in that direction just to get a FP for the new show. It has been a long time since I haven't seen that many people head on over in the direction for the Frozen Live at the Hyperion FP over Radiator Springs Racers.

I was about 30 people behind the first person in the queue and I was able to get the 12:30pm show FP.
27494057695_58336f1894_b.jpg

It did say on the FP to return between 11:30am to 12:10pm but I know from past times when seeing shows at the Disney parks to come back a little early in order to get a good spot for the show. So I just walked around DCA and DL that morning until it got closer to 11am. I have been reading early reports from other DISers that they got there at least half an hour before the queue opened up.

While I was waiting, the CM's right at the entrance were not allowing guests to form a queue or not even go in. But there were crowds of people right at the entrance waiting to get in the queue to get good seats. I was planning on watching the show from the Orchestra area in the back area instead of the front. I waited about half an hour until the CM's let the guests in to the queue and I was close to about 15 people in front of me.
27236813130_a0e8b5dee3_b.jpg

Times goes by and the queue was so full that the CM's asked the guests to move up as much as possible to fill all the gaps. The line was going out towards the streets at Hollywood Land. I waited for an our 40 minutes until the CM's let the guests in the Hyperion Theater.

I was now in and found a spot in the back area of the Orchestra queue which I was close to the left hand side center which was not that bad.

My first impression of the updated Hyperion Theater for Frozen Live at the Hyperion which is mostly curtain and a big nice stage with the LDC back screen. It doesn't looked all that decorated like the Aladdin stage but from what I have read with the projections on the curtain and stage, it should be amazing.

For the show, I used my telephoto lens to get up close shots of the cast instead of using my regular lenses for the show.

For the show, I must have took over 1000 pics but I am posting some of the shots from the show. If you don't want to see pics from the show, I would skip this.

The show scenes were playing certain scenes from the movie Frozen like "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman".

Elsa Coronation Day "For the First Time in Forever"

During the scene when Elsa showed her powers, the stage popped up icicles at the side of the stage

Elsa scene of the Frozen palace with the song we all know "Let It Go".

They had a ice stairway that was spinning which we were able to get to see Elsa.

Here is where the scene gets really good from Elsa changing her Arendelle dress to her Frozen dress.

After the lights went out, she was in her Frozen dress.

The scene when she changed dresses was nice.

Continue to the Next Post

The scene where Anna met Kristoff and Sven

This scene was nice where they were falling from the cliff

Can't get tired of everyone favorite snowman Olaf

"In Summer" scene

The troll scene is another good part of the show which showed AA trolls on the rocks and the trolls in the background.

The winter scene where the characters are walking on the frozen lake looked almost real on stage

The scene where Anna is Frozen

The show was over and here are my thoughts about the new Frozen Live at the Hyperion. The show was very nice which tries to tell the whole movie of Frozen in an hour. The one thing I was impressed with the show is the computer graphics to the stage, curtains, AA trolls and when Anna is Frozen. If you have never seen Frozen, this is something you would want to watch the movie before you see it.

The things I did not like about it is that it is an hour long show which is kind of long for a Disney show at the parks. There were other things like scenes missing from the movie which didn't talk about which would confuse first time people that have not seen the movie Frozen. Overall it was good but I would not pick this show over the Aladdin show which replaced it. It is not as funny as much like the Genie but Olaf at times was funny.

For all the wait time and getting up early to get a FP for the specific time you want to see, it was worth it to see it once. If I had to see it again is with other people in my group. But as for a solo person, I would say one more time to get a video of it or more pictures.

Also a note, when I went on Sunday to DCA to see if I could get a FP for the Sunday show. At 8:20am in the morning, the queue for the FP was all the way towards the popcorn stand on Buena Vista Street which is kind of scary. The queue went through the area of Monsters Inc and the Mad T Party area and snakes along in Hollywood Land. From what I have read, the queue to get a FP took as most as 30-40 minutes which is crazy.

Hi Bret,
I was so happy to get an email notification that you'd posted (they don't come very often). It was interesting to see the Frozen pictures and your thoughts. We LOVED Aladdin and would see it at least twice a trip. I can see where this would be a 'one and done' experience. I've got a lot more I would like to do with an hour at DCA.

DH and I will be there Labor Day weekend as I'm running in the Dumbo Double Dare. We haven't been back since July of 2014 so we are anxious to see all the changes. I think the way that Disney put the screen up on the ROA was very clever.

Will the 60th anniversary things still be up in September?

TK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!