"Secret" Park Entrance

RyMickey

Disney Freak
So, I'm perusing another board (sacrilege, I know!) and I saw a picture of a "secret" entrance into Universal Studios kind of reminiscent of the Rainforest AK entrance - 1 turnstyle and that's it. From the looks of the buildings behind the picture, I would imagine that it's near the old Nickelodeon Studios, but I'm not sure.

Anyone ever use this entrance? Where is it located? How do you get to it?

Link to picture of the entrance is below...it's near the bottom of the page.
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25343

That entrance is a great little secret. It is located to the side of the Hard Rock Cafe and it is right in front of what used to be Nickelodeon Studios. The only thing is I think this entrance may only be for reentry (so you would have had to have visited the Studios or IOA earlier in the day), but I'm not 100% on that.

You are correct. If you look very closely in the picture you will see a sign that says Re-Entry.

E&B's Mom said:
You are correct. If you look very closely in the picture you will see a sign that says Re-Entry.

So, if we were to visit IOA in the morning and then US in the afternoon, this entrance would work? Thanks to both of you for your help!

You can actually leave the universal park that way. It is much shorter to go this way if you were going over to IOA because you go by the hard rock cafe instead of going all the way out to the center of citywalk and back over the bridge to IOA. Hope this is not too confusing.

buzz2400 said:
You can actually leave the universal park that way. It is much shorter to go this way if you were going over to IOA because you go by the hard rock cafe instead of going all the way out to the center of citywalk and back over the bridge to IOA. Hope this is not too confusing.

We use the Hard Rock exit for this reason too. It cuts off the corner.

RyMickey said:
So, if we were to visit IOA in the morning and then US in the afternoon, this entrance would work? Thanks to both of you for your help!

I believe so, because technically you are using your ticket to reenter a park after you left a park (but not necessarily the same park). I've only ever used my AP, so I'm not quite sure, but I'm leaning towards yes.

Its great though, I've never seen a line for it unlike the main gates. It's a nice way to save a couple minutes (hey, every minute counts)

flatline said:
I thought they didn't staff that gate until 11:00 am, I may be incorrect.

That is correct.

So, if RyMickey did IOA in the AM and USF when finished with IOA, it would more than likely be past 11am.

that's what I thought. we usually do US in the AM and pop over to IOA for lunch and the rest of the day, we're creatures of habit, we use the second gate to exit the Studios.

I once saw a Team Member reading a book at that turnsile. She said that she went through a book every two weeks!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone.

OT: Slacking...American Idol, while not necessarily a surprise this year, was definitely "different." I can't see how the producers could've "wanted" Taylor to win. Oh, well. Missed you on that thread this year. Maybe next time...

Back to Universal...thanks again everyone for your help.

RyMickey said:
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone.

OT: Slacking...American Idol, while not necessarily a surprise this year, was definitely "different." I can't see how the producers could've "wanted" Taylor to win. Oh, well. Missed you on that thread this year. Maybe next time...

Back to Universal...thanks again everyone for your help.

OT Again: Yeah, he isn't and won't be the most marketable contestant they have had. My prediction is that his career will be similar mto Clay's. His CD will intially sell well because his loyal fanbase goes crazy in picking it up, but he eventually cools off and never has a bonafide hit on radio. Honestly though, even though I ended up liking her, I don't think Kat will fare much better (whether or not she won)

But the finale, was two of the greatest hours on TV ever. It was just so out there and very bizarre. You had no idea what would happen next, I love it!

I try to check out the AI thread every once in awhile (including finale night), but sometimes it just moves way too fast, and some of the posters/opinions there grate on me slightly. (probably should ahve put that in a PM, lol, oh well)

Ok, I'm done with my OT tangent.

Where abouts is the exist, we are going to be leaving the park and going the HRC, so that sounds like a neat shortcut.

We use this entrance/exit all the time, like others said, great shortcut when traveling between IOA and US. Last week it was posted that this entrance was open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

I know this isn't the right forum..but I LOVE Taylor and have loved him since the very beginning. Kat is talented, but just doens't appeal to me. (Maybe its because I was born and raised in Mphs TN and he reminds me of a southern gentleman) I could listen to him sing all day/.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter