Securing a cabana

emilyann415

DIS Veteran
I’m debating a short 4 day, mother/daughter cruise and the MOST important thing is having the best chance of securing a cabana. Looking between Wish and Dream. I know how hard it is to get a cabana on Wish (even staying concierge). How hard is it to get one if you’re concierge on the Dream?

Wish has a very high number of concierge rooms. You have a better shot of a cabana on the dream is my understanding, but it is hardly a guarantee....

There is never a guarantee. I have no issue getting a cabana sailing concierge on the Dream. Make sure you send your email for you concierge requests exactly at midnight and cross your fingers. Also make sure to request whether you would like adult or family beach. You can also be on a waitlist, for concierge, if you don't get one. It is my impression and experience that if they become available due to cancellations, they are offered to that list first. They have become very expensive, but that hasn't dampened the demand. Good luck!

If my count it correct, here are the number of concierge cabins by ship.

Magic: 44
Wonder: 44
Dream: 41
Fantasy: 41
Wish: 76

So theoretically, Dream and Fantasy offer the best odds at securing a cabana.

Do not book this wish if a cabana is the most important thing to you. We had 2 concierge rooms and did not get a cabana for either of them initially. We did end up getting 2 off the waitlist about a month before sailing but I’m unsure if that was luck or they created some magic for us due to a blunder shoreside concierge made with our enchante reservation. You’ll have a much better chance on the Dream but still no guarantee. Rumor is they’re adding more concierge rooms to the Dream during dry dock so if this comes to fruition, it will be become harder to secure a cabana.

While they don't admit it, it seems likely from what I've seen that they give preference to suite guests over "basic" (though still very expensive) concierge room guests. So if you are in a suite you are probably fine, if in a regular room I'd just try to book exactly at midnight or seconds later, and DON'T send the email early because we were told that if your email is time stamped even one second before midnight you will go to the bottom of the priority list.

While they don't admit it, it seems likely from what I've seen that they give preference to suite guests over "basic" (though still very expensive) concierge room guests. So if you are in a suite you are probably fine, if in a regular room I'd just try to book exactly at midnight or seconds later, and DON'T send the email early because we were told that if your email is time stamped even one second before midnight you will go to the bottom of the priority list.
I believe this is only for the Royal suites or the Tower suite. Regular one bedroom suites are not included in the priority from my experience.

Rumor is they’re adding more concierge rooms to the Dream during dry dock so if this comes to fruition, it will be become harder to secure a cabana.
That would make sense. It's crazy that the Magic and Wonder each have more concierge cabins. To get to a similar percentage of the ship (~5%), they'd need to add about 20 more each to the Dream and Fantasy. Wish concierge is more than 6% of the ship, I believe.

I believe this is only for the Royal suites or the Tower suite. Regular one bedroom suites are not included in the priority from my experience.
+1 to this, we had two rooms including a 1 bedroom suite and did not get a cabana on the Wish (first round; did get one eventually off waitlist).

Also...not to be a downer but...just keep in mind that even docking at Castaway Cay is not guaranteed, let alone getting a cabana. I only bring it up so your vacation isn't completely ruined if that happens. By all means try for the cabana on the Dream but I'd also try to get excited for other parts of the vacation too, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter