Selling Air Miles WDW Ticket Vouchers

wdwmike59

Endlessly planning, just in case....
Hello All! I haven't posted or even visited the forums for a long time, haven't been able to get down to WDW in years. Anyway, a couple of years ago I grabbed two 5 day park tickets from Air Miles and haven't been able to use them. Has anyone had any luck selling them either on here or elsewhere? I'm probably not going to be able to use them. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

HI! That's my story as well, Disney trip in the planning stages and I spend tons of time here, planning, studying & getting excited, no trip and i would fade away into the background. UNTIL Airmiles gave me the chance to stay active here. A couple of questions for you to help you find an answer:
  1. Are the tickets the ones that are non-expiring?
  2. Are they adult or children's tickets?
  3. Have you added them to your MDE account and attached them to specific people yet?
  4. How many miles did they "cost" you?
The answer to 1 will help determine their current "value" to people. If they are "short-dated" and expire soon it might be harder to find someone who wants them.
The answer to 2 helps figure out who will be able to use them.
The answer to 3 will determine if you are able to just "sell" them to someone or if you will need to add a "friend" to your account and then transfer the tickets to those names.
The answer to 4 will help you decide what you are willing to "sell" them for if that's the route you end up taking. The basic math formula is 100 miles ~~ $10 and is a pretty basic idea of what those miles are "worth"

Final thought here is if the answer to 1 is YES, they are the tickets that don't expire, is there any possibility that you will ever go back or are you truly done with Disney? If you might go back, find somewhere safe to store them and know that you will have one of the most expensive parts of the trip already paid for.

Good Luck, if you end up selling them this is a good place to start!

From what I can tell they are 1) Non-expiring vouchers. No date that I can find except issue date 2) Adult 5 day 1 park 3) Have not attached them to any person or account 4) I truly can't remember how many miles I paid for them. They are Canadian specific meaning you must show your Canadian passport when exchanging them for tickets. Based on how much a 5 day non park hopper ticket goes for these days they would cost minimum $900 US. I think.

im not sure how to find out if they are the non expiring tickets...maybe call disney? How much are you looking to get for them? $900usd?

Last edited:
What was the issue date on the tickets. That will help to track down what you paid for them with in airmiles.

Undercovertourist has the 5 day base ticket at $420US (incl tax) but I think you would probably have to discount them slightly to get someone to take a chance on the tickets (unless you happen to know the person you're selling them to personally).

Let us know what the issue date was and someone will be able to help you out with what you paid for them and then you can find a price somewhere between for cost and today's value.

Just my thoughts.

@Donald - my hero the Canadian discount first appeared in September 2016 (I know because I bought my tickets in July 2016 just before the price drop - 7 day tickets 3775AM ea.) Can you search the airmiles thread and see what the word was for how much the initial offering of Canadian tickets was. I'm not very good at searching.

I searched to quote someone from 2016 4 - 5 day tickets were worth $1020 so 2 tickets would be worth $510.

We've spent at least 6 hours today looking over the deal and discussing how many Disney trips we are going to pre-pay, and how many days to purchase for the trips. We have been comparing the price of room-only offers, as well as package deals. This 25% off for Canadian residents works out pretty much to be Canadian money at par. ($1020 US for 4 5-day tickets converted into Canadian dollars today works out to be approx $1348 Canadian) Purchasing 4 5-day tickets in US dollars for US residents is $1360. With the weak Canadian dollar I am guessing that Disney has seen a large decline in Canadian visitors. So far I think we've settled on pre-paying for 3 future visits - buying 12 5-day tickets, and using 4 each visit. I really like that they can be purchased and not have an expiry until activated.

Not certain yet how many airmiles "Airmiles" was charging. I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
Found this on Red Flag Deals it might put the tickets into context:

Treat yourself and your family with a vacation to the most magical place on earth with this offer from Walt Disney World, because Canadian residents can take 25% off tickets for a stay that's four days or longer! If you'd rather soak up the sun in California, be sure to take a look at this similar deal from the Disneyland Resort. However, note that tickets to the Disneyland Resort must be used by December 31, 2017, so you don't have as much date flexibility as the deal below.

Plus, you can save even more if you include Park Hopper or Water Parks & More Fun options with your base ticket! Tickets are available in four to ten day increments and we've listed the promotional price for a single adult base ticket below (all pricing in USD).

• 4-Day - $244.00 (regularly $325.00), approximately $60.94 per day
  • 5-Day - $255.00 (regularly $340.00), approximately $51.00 per day
  • 6-Day - $267.00 (regularly $355.00), approximately $44.38 per day
  • 7-Day - $278.00 (regularly $370.00), approximately $39.65 per day
  • 8-Day - $285.00 (regularly $380.00), approximately $35.63 per day
  • 9-Day - $293.00 (regularly $390.00), approximately $32.50 per day
  • 10-Day - $300.00 (regularly $400.00), approximately $30.00 per day

In January 2015 I paid 2500 AM for a 5 days adult ticket. In February 2017, I paid 2950 AM (first round of the Canadian deal).

I'm currently lost down the rabbit hole of the Airmiles thread ... good grief we're a chatty bunch! I haven't made it to the point where the tickets appeared on the website because i keep getting caught up in the

FINALLY found the first post about the vouchers.
5 day adult tickets were 2950 miles on Oct 25th, 2016

Using the Airmiles math that means you *paid* 5900 for those 2 vouchers and that would equate to $621

Yes the current gate price of those 2 5 day base ticket is around $900 USD but as you can see here, it doesn't take long for people to research and find out how much those tickets *cost* you, (not as easy to find the Airmiles value -- but that's actually not that important) and i doubt you'll be able to find someone who will pay you more than they cost originally.

I knew you'd get to the bottom of the mystery @Donald - my hero . I was searching through September and then gave up because I thought the offer came out then. I should have kept reading. Yes we are a chatty bunch. It's kind of nice to see we're still talking about the same things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!