Selling to Disney?

Swilcox

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone knew how much Disney is paying to buy back Bay Lake Tower? Not ROFR, but to sell directly to Disney.

I know that this is a terrible idea but my credit union wants to know before they will lend us the money to buy.

They really haven’t done that although I heard it hinted at on a Podcast. There was a time many years ago they’d buy back BCV but the offers were very, very low. I’d believe that resale broker sites would be a better display of current resale prices. Some do monthly reports of what contracts actually sold for if the listings aren’t good enough.

Last edited:
I find that a strange request from the credit union, they need to be looking at true market value. I think you need to talk to them and show them actual average selling prices from several of brokers out there that make blog posts about it like the example above.

Getting Disney's buyback price will probably only do you a dis-service with the credit union, making the value seem lower than it actually is.

Good Luck on getting the financing you want.

Great3

Thanks for the info guys. Hubby and I have been listening to the podcast so that’s probably why we thought Disney was buying back contracts.

I oversimplified things a little bit in my post. The way for us to get the best interest rate is to buy though a lender and then refinance with our credit union. This is because our (tiny) credit union doesn’t do mortgages but they do do lower interest personal loans with property as collateral.

They’ve never delt with DVC before so our loan officer (who’s been working with my parents for years) suggested that we get as much information as possible (including resale info) so that when she talks to her boss she can explain that DVC holds its value better than regular timeshares. We’re going to buy either way but we wanted to see if refinancing was possible before we committed.

Sorry I oversimplified it so much last night. It was late and I was tired. Thanks again

Back when BCV was reselling around $80-90 a point (long time ago), a member was told by DVC that they would buy it back for around $45 a point. I don't think they would offer to buy it back at any price right now, just ROFR.

Personally, I’ve never heard of anyone selling back to Disney directly, but I’ve been told directly by a guide that they do.

At a recent tour (May), in response to concerns I raised around resale restrictions on Riviera, the guide touted that Disney would buy contracts back... “depending on what demand for that property is at the time.”

Might have just been sales talk to counter the “devalued ownership” concerns. But he did mention Disney buying back directly.

Getting Disney to buy back contracts is not going to be easy. While I have heard that people have asked, it is for a very low number, and of course, you do have own it without owing any money on it. DVC is still a timeshare and while it has a stronger resale market than many other timeshares, there is no guarantee for what one would be able to sell for down the road.

Just list at $110, you should sell the same day.
Disney has been ROFRing in the $135-140 range.

Last edited:
Just list at $110, you should sell the same day.
Disney has been ROFRing in the $135-140 range.
But if you go through a real estate company to list your sale, you will pay them a commission. Even if Disney buys it. Figure at least 10% of your sales price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter