Sending a package to BWV

We did this on our last trip in May. It worked out very nicely. When we were checking in we asked about our packages (we sent 2 boxes of food from home UPS and 2 24 packs of water from Costco). The girl that was checking us in looked on the computer and said she saw that it all had arrived and would have it brought up to the room. It arrived about 30 mins. later to the room. It worked out GREAT. I will be doing this again shortly for our next trip in Sept. Just make sure that the boxes are labeled with the resort address attn your name and reservation number. Oh and also your arrival date too.

Good luck!!
HTH

Put an address label inside the package as well as on the outside, just in case it gets torn off. If you send cases of water, make sure they are taped well or put inside another box. Don't just ship them as they look coming out of a store. Make sure you ask about time in transit so you are not waiting for your packages to arrive. I wouldn't ship chips or cereal or anything that has a chance of being crushed, things happen. I wouldn't recommend the Post Office or Fedex ground, service and tracking packages is terrible IMO. UPS is probably your best bet.

Not to be too personal but about how much do you send (weight) and about how much does it cost. (Basically, is it cost effective?) Do you ship household items too? If so, is there anywhere to ship item back from resort? We were deciding about shipping vs. owners locker.
Do you get fresh food for GG?
We are in FROR limbo BWV, but are hopeful. I want to "hit the ground running" if we get past.
Sorry to pepper you with questions.
This board has been a great help for anything Disney.

We sent the USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days) box for 8.95, you stuff into it whatever will fit. We sent ahead our twin Coleman mattress (we have a 12-yr-old DD and 10-yr-old DS who can't sleep in the double pullout-they're practically my size) and some toiletries. When we checked in at BWV, the CM told us we had a package waiting for us. Normally, we just pack the mattress, but we were looking for alternatives to lugging it along.

Owners Locker initially sounds like a good idea, BUT, it's more money than we're willing to spend, considering we only travel carry-on anyway.

FYI, we gave our package to the front desk when we checked out, and didn't see it for three weeks after we returned home because it had to go ground.

FYI, we gave our package to the front desk when we checked out, and didn't see it for three weeks after we returned home because it had to go ground.

3 weeks wouldn't be a problem for me, I might have the luggage unpacked by then:lmao:

Thank you for the information.:thumbsup2 :goodvibes I too liked the OL option, but it was a little steep considering we don't really know how many times we will be going in a year's time.
I will tell DH that this will most likely the best way for us to get "stuff" there.
We want to go carry on only too.

Anyone ever done this before?
Tips? Advice? Reviews of service?

We sent a box to BWV for our last trip. It arrived at the resort two days prior to our arrival, and they had a really hard time finding it even though it was a sizable box (18x24x18). It took us three trips to the front desk for them to find it even though we involved the manager on duty the first two trips.

Others have reported no problems, but if we do it in the future we will time it to arrive no sooner than the day before we arrive.

I think it was $15 dollars each way to mail the 2 boxes. The boxes were copy paper boxes. We sent cereal, breakfast bars, powder iced tea mix and had no problems with crushed items. It is all in how it is packed. We sent it UPS so we could track its journey and know that it arrived. THe water was ordered from Costco online. The only things we bought once we arrived from the store by BWV was butter, english muffins and milk. We printed return "labels" and put them in the box so we would be prepared when we went to the front desk to have it shipped back. It does take about 14 business days to get the boxes back home from the resort. We ship stuff every trip and knock on wood, have had minimal problems.

Good luck!!

Not BWV, but I've had shipments of baby formula sent to both OKW and VWL. I first called the resort and asked how I should have the package addressed. Then I called the formula company and placed the order so that it would arrive at least 1 day before my check-in date. A few days before my check-in date, I faxed the resort to let them know that a package would be arriving for me. Both resorts found the package easily and delivered it to the room promptly.

Thanks everyone for the replys. I don't want to send a huge box but if I can send diapers, wipes, and some gerber baby meals that will be huge. Then all I have to worry about from garden grocer is milk, eggs, and soda.

~Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter