September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson about Churchill’s first year in office. He focuses on peripheral characters like his personal secretary, his security officer and daughter. A lot is taken from letters and diaries. Fascinating if you like history. I’ve enjoyed all his books.
I just saw that the other day when I was scrolling through Libby for ebooks. I love a good REAL book. But ebooks are ridiculously convenient. Especially if you read in bed and have a partner who doesn’t want to be bothered by any lights lol

I just saw that the other day when I was scrolling through Libby for ebooks. I love a good REAL book. But ebooks are ridiculously convenient. Especially if you read in bed and have a partner who doesn’t want to be bothered by any lights lol
Oh, I love my kindle! I borrow books and ebooks from my library. It’s so convenient when they just disappear after 3 weeks, I tend to get books when I read nonfiction because of the photos.

I'm rather excited that the Seahawks game is Sunday evening this week, the early weekend games always seem to cut in to the weekend but Sunday evening wraps things up nicely.

Football in our house is Thursday, All day Sunday and Monday with some college football on Saturday. DH is so addicted to football that he puts all the Browns and Ohio State games on our calendar and I am not supposed to schedule anything during those times. Doesn't always work though and he understands but doe snot like it. Sunday's start at least at 1130. Maybe sooner. We watch the Yahoo Fantasy Football show then the games the rest of the day. I love watching just because I am in a fantasy football league at work and we can get a bit competitive with each other. It is a lot of fun.

Football in our house is Thursday, All day Sunday and Monday with some college football on Saturday. DH is so addicted to football that he puts all the Browns and Ohio State games on our calendar and I am not supposed to schedule anything during those times. Doesn't always work though and he understands but doe snot like it. Sunday's start at least at 1130. Maybe sooner. We watch the Yahoo Fantasy Football show then the games the rest of the day. I love watching just because I am in a fantasy football league at work and we can get a bit competitive with each other. It is a lot of fun.
That's a lot of football! I only follow the home team... last week I barely paid attention to the game, and fell asleep during the 4th quarter, but it was so comforting just to have it playing on the TV.

My daughter is currently passed out on my lap. Took today and Monday off of work and the boys finished their assignments early. Had to pack up the kids to pick up/drop off a prescription for my dad. He had run out (miscommunication between Cvs and doc) and I didn't want to wait until tomorrow...missing one dose of a med is one thing...two or three doses no good.
Anyway we ended up spending about half an hour with my parents before coming home. While the last minute refill and loading everyone in the car was annoying the visit was a nice little change of pace.
School committee approved to send kindergarten back to school in person hybrid so DS will likely be back in person twice a week beginning late October. Updates to the buildings are being done now so hopefully older DS will be back twice a week in about 12 weeks.
And scouts started last night which was nice.
Food....eh...not doing great. But now that my back is healing I can get out walking. Did .75 mile during a conference call on Wednesday. And my BIL ordered bbq for my niece's birthday tomorrow so will
try to walk pre-party to offset that. Tonight will likely include mac and cheese...but the variety made partly of cauliflower...got to take the wins where you can get them right?
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I'm so happy the smoke is gone!!!! The twins rode their bicycles and I walked and chatted with my mom on the phone. I could hear the thunderstorm that was happening at their place! I mostly slept through our giant storm last night.

Saturday morning we're driving to see DS1's job site. They're pouring concrete, and although we won't be able to see anything in the four story hole in the ground, we thought it'd be fun to see the cement truck parade! He's hoping to get a free lunch with us out of the deal. I'm thinking he'll need caffeine. They start pouring at 3:30 AM and he has to be there at 1:30. That's our only weekend plan so far.

Dont have pics available at the moment as my last trip was pre-smart phone and shutterfly. Too tired to go look for some at the moment, maybe during the daylight hours.
It is 3am here...dd having a tough night. Laying down on her floor waiting for her to doze back off.
"The days are long but the years are short." Right?
Have a nice weekend everyone.

"The days are long but the years are short." Right?

Totally!!

I remember those days - first sitting on the bed, then next to the bed, then in the doorway...a little further away every few days, ‘til DS could finally fall asleep on his own.

But I promise they get there. He’s now off at college, and sometimes I don’t know where the time went!

This picture always brings back the memory of this character experience. It was one where we just happened upon a line and I asked who they were waiting for. When we were told it was Tiana and Naveen, I asked my daughter if she wanted to wait and she said “sure”. Well it turned out to be one of the best character experiences ever! We got in line just in time because they ended the line after us. And it seemed to me that since we were last, they spent extra time with my daughter. They just talked and listened intently to her (as you can see in the picture). I think she was telling them about how she doesn’t have her ears pierced, so I got her some sticker earrings to wear in Disney. They were just simply amazing and totally made my daughters day (and mine)!

My son was never really into characters, but he did enjoy this one when he was little...
And on our last trip with my parents and sisters family including my baby’s nephew, we were able to get some smiles from the typically “anti-character-meals boys”...
(my son and husband).

I should probably stop there. I could keep going because I LOVE going through pictures and reliving memories. But I won’t get anything done today if I keep looking through pictures. And I have really been missing Walt Disney World this week! When I am super stressed at work, I usually look at plans for an upcoming trip or work on making plans for an upcoming trip. But it’s been so hard with all the uncertainty right now. I am scheduled to take my son on a surprise trip in June. But it was supposed to be last April and then rescheduled for end of September. So I’m very in tune with the fact that I was supposed to be telling my son this weekend that we are going to Disney next weekend. So I’m feeling a little bummed and REALLY wanting to be in WDW right now. Unfortunately because of work, I just didn’t think it was a good idea to go and then (due to our states rules) have to come back and quarantine (miss work) for 2 weeks. But going back through pictures and reliving the memories was fun today :lovestruc

It's a Small World, Disneyland, April 2019

57534055_2343016475942603_3320504899472457728_n.jpg

Private Fireworks Cruise for 25th Anniversary, WDW, July 24, 2018

37771515_2163739043870348_4676804981129478144_n.jpg

Pool Day, Polynesian Village Resort, WDW, July 2018

37602517_2160303787547207_1670658255698788352_n.jpg

View from our hotel room at the Contemporary Resort, July 2015

11014846_1652089241702000_708323496677601911_n.jpg

I should probably stop there. I could keep going because I LOVE going through pictures and reliving memories. But I won’t get anything done today if I keep looking through pictures. And I have really been missing Walt Disney World this week! When I am super stressed at work, I usually look at plans for an upcoming trip or work on making plans for an upcoming trip. But it’s been so hard with all the uncertainty right now. I am scheduled to take my son on a surprise trip in June. But it was supposed to be last April and then rescheduled for end of September. So I’m very in tune with the fact that I was supposed to be telling my son this weekend that we are going to Disney next weekend. So I’m feeling a little bummed and REALLY wanting to be in WDW right now. Unfortunately because of work, I just didn’t think it was a good idea to go and then (due to our states rules) have to come back and quarantine (miss work) for 2 weeks. But going back through pictures and reliving the memories was fun today :lovestruc
I feel the same way. We were scheduled for June 2020 at the Polynesian, and we sprung for Club Level...only because DD got a special discounted deal in the mail. This trip was planned down to the moment, and the only thing I hadn't yet done was schedule our private fireworks cruise and the cabana/patio at the Oasis pool. We were going all out because it would be our last trip until one day when we return for DD's wedding at WDW. One last big trip for a few years.

We are rescheduled for July 2021, but the talk of whatever vaccine we get only being between 50%-70% effective concerns me. I suffered wearing my mask in my 92 degree classroom. I can't imagine wearing a mask in humid Florida summer heat. I have a bad feeling that our upcoming trip will also have to be cancelled, and I may lose the money on our American Airlines first class tickets. That's what I get for splurging.

Everything is up in the air right now, so it's hard to get my hopes up about anything. I guess the best approach is to be cautiously optimistic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts