September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

@ShannyMcB Have you tried Life? I don't eat breakfast cereals anymore, but I really like it. The twins like frosted mini wheats and honey bunches of oats with almonds (which DH eats for breakfast every morning). Good luck! I know at school they serve some cinnamon square cereal, don't know what it is called. Does your grocery store have a bulk section? They sometimes have single servings of cereal. Oh! I loved sugar snaps as a kid--think that's the name.
I was also thinking Life. That was my kids go to cereal when they were younger. No they also like Krave and Lucky Charms. My husband likes to each Frosted Mini Wheats as a snack (dry).

@ShannyMcB Have you tried Life? I don't eat breakfast cereals anymore...They sometimes have single servings of cereal. Oh! I loved sugar snaps as a kid--think that's the name.

Thanks! He looked at the multi pack and scoffed ..8 going on 28.
We did reach a compromise by way of homemade granola bars so that should get DH and I one morning to sleep in a bit.
Its just about 6 here...been up since 4 thanks in no small part to dd's sleep regression.
Ah well couple hours until distance learning check in.
Screenshot_20200921-061321_Chrome.jpg

I love that cat meme!

It reminds me of one I want to try to draw, but don't have time right now. - Basically, there are three things you can do with obstacles - fix them, work around them, or gather them up and let them weigh you down. (I'm picturing someone walking along a path strewn with rocks.)

Today, I will not pick up the rocks.

PS - Sorry about your DD's sleep patterns, @ShannyMcB. Sometimes I wish my DS was little again, but then I remember I don't miss that part!

I’m in need of some motivation Monday vibes! I weighed this morning and had gained a pound. Very frustrating spending your week feeling starving and gaining a pound. I know it’s because I did heavy weights yesterday for the first time in a while. I also hold weight the day after so rationally I’m fine with it. But still. Annoyed haha.

I’m in need of some motivation Monday vibes! I weighed this morning and had gained a pound. Very frustrating spending your week feeling starving and gaining a pound. I know it’s because I did heavy weights yesterday for the first time in a while. I also hold weight the day after so rationally I’m fine with it. But still. Annoyed haha.
It’s so frustrating to gain weight when you do everything right! I tell myself weight fluctuates day to day, but it still bothers me! But I bet when you weigh in again that pound (and more) will be gone!

I LOVE Crate & Barrel.

I have a similar reaction from MSG which might be in their food. It took me a while to find a Chinese restaurant in my area that 1. Doesn't have a bad rating from the health department, and 2. Doesn't cook food with MSG. We had it last night. It's called "Hong Kong Tokyo," and they serve both Chinese and Japanese food. Delicious! And it doesn't give me food poisoning or an allergic reaction! Win! Win! Win!
That's a good thought about the MSG. I checked and they say they don't use it, and I couldn't find anything in the ingredient list that was on my known "don't" list, so it is still a mystery.

That is so hard - I don't remember how long you've been tracking your weight, but I have been (this time) since May 3rd. When I have a week with a gain or no loss, I try to make myself look back through all my weeks of tracking. I find that usually in the next week or two, I'll have a higher than normal drop somewhere. I know in the week you gain, it's hard to remember that - so I make myself look back. Sometimes it does help to make me feel better and stay motivated!

Here's my motivation this week:

Yep, I'm done with September. My budget and healthful goals have been shattered by September, the month has been an absolute shambles so I'm spending the last week of the month prepping for October. This week I'm going to do five things differently to get ready:

1. I'm not going to do my morning beach drives, which will keep me away from Starbucks.
2. I'm not going to have any ice cream.
3. I'm going to eat dinner seated at the kitchen table, not sitting on the sofa.
4. I'm going to take a proper lunch break, away from my computer... outside on the days that are dry.
5. I'm going to get some work done outside (again before the storm blows in
midweek), particularly in the area of the back yard that I see from my "office" window... it's a heavy weight sitting here each day looking at un-done chores.

I love that cat meme!

It reminds me of one I want to try to draw, but don't have time right now. - Basically, there are three things you can do with obstacles - fix them, work around them, or gather them up and let them weigh you down. (I'm picturing someone walking along a path strewn with rocks.)

Today, I will not pick up the rocks.

PS - Sorry about your DD's sleep patterns, @ShannyMcB. Sometimes I wish my DS was little again, but then I remember I don't miss that part!
I have a boat load of technological obstacles right now, and I feel as if I am spinning my wheels. We are required to do so much that we weren’t trained to do. I’m feeling really frustrated. When I do something productive, our technology fails.

To top it all off, my para called out today after I was out on Friday participating in professional development. She tends to call out after I have been out. The lying really insults my intelligence, and the “getting even” behavior is getting old.

I came in this morning to find my plexiglass cracked, missing items, and a non-working MacBook.

I’m so ready to move on from her.

F0F7FA30-28A3-4D16-9FB4-7F13335E54E9.jpeg

Is it starting to feel like fall where you live? Cooler weather, trees starting to turn? In Pennsylvania fall means apples-I‘m going to drive out to one of our orchards tomorrow and pick up some honey crisps for eating and a bag of mixed seconds for applesauce. Do you have a healthy apple or pumpkin recipe you make this time of year? Or an item in stores that’s only available in the fall? I see Sabra has a pumpkin hummus I thought I might try. If you have a favorite, please share.

I’ll share two easy ones. I make applesauce in a crockpot-peel, core and slice about a dozen apples-a mix of sweet and tart. Add a splash of apple cider and cook on low about 4-5 hours. I use my potato masher to smush them up, but keeping it chunky. Serve warm with a half teaspoon of cinnamon sugar (7 calories).

Pumpkin Spread (67 calories per 1/4 cup or 2 points on WW)

Mix together:
4 oz light cream cheese
1/4 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 T brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Can be chilled or serve immediately. I dip apple slices in it or graham crackers.

We got the pears canned yesterday, but in a couple weeks I will get a box of apple seconds and make applesauce. Need to see if I have any in the freezer first. I'm pretty sure all the batches I canned are long gone! I've been trying to clear out our chest freezer. It's slow going!

I've got a bunch of mixed beans soaking for a crockpot bean soup tomorrow. I'm not following a recipe, just throwing things together! Anybody's guess how it'll turn out!!

Hello all,

I really enjoyed all of your Motivation Monday quotes :)

I am really having difficulty chatting with you all consistently :( I think it is just part of me struggling in all areas at the moment - and maybe avoiding some accountability - I am so up and down with eating at the moment and I don't like that I am having difficulty reigning it in. Knowing better and doing better is just hard some days :(

My sleep was disrupted Friday and Saturday nights - don't know why but found my self up for several hours in the early early morning. Then on Sunday night when I was sleeping better DD came in around 3.30am and then starting vomiting at 4am and she was up and down vomiting until lunch time :(

I know I am a negative nelly today :( fingers crossed for a better sleep tonight and outlook on it all tomorrow :)

Hello all,

I am really having difficulty chatting with you all consistently :( I think it is just part of me struggling in all areas at the moment - and maybe avoiding some accountability - I am so up and down with eating at the moment and I don't like that I am having difficulty reigning it in. Knowing better and doing better is just hard some days :(

My sleep was disrupted Friday and Saturday nights - don't know why but found my self up for several hours in the early early morning. Then on Sunday night when I was sleeping better DD came in around 3.30am and then starting vomiting at 4am and she was up and down vomiting until lunch time :(

I know I am a negative nelly today :( fingers crossed for a better sleep tonight and outlook on it all tomorrow :)
:hug:

I'm with you at the moment. The only reason I'm not gaining weight is because I don't have time to eat at school. I guzzle a protein shake during my mask break while the kids are in specials, and I sit in my car at lunch time, taking another mask break while shoving a banana down my throat. I am NOT being accountable at all except for admitting that I'm not trying right now. I just can't do it.

Like you though, I come here when I can. You are all my lifeline right now. As long as you pop in once in a while and soak up the positivity and motivation, you're good. Take care.

Hello all,

:hug:

I'm with you at the moment. The only reason I'm not gaining weight is because I don't have time to eat at school. I guzzle a protein shake during my mask break while the kids are in specials, and I sit in my car at lunch time, taking another mask break while shoving a banana down my throat. I am NOT being accountable at all except for admitting that I'm not trying right now. I just can't do it.

Like you though, I come here when I can. You are all my lifeline right now. As long as you pop in once in a while and soak up the positivity and motivation, you're good. Take care.

I'm thinking about both of you - I hope your situations improve in some way. Take care of yourselves in the best way that you can right now :grouphug:

View attachment 527465

Is it starting to feel like fall where you live? Cooler weather, trees starting to turn? In Pennsylvania fall means apples-I‘m going to drive out to one of our orchards tomorrow and pick up some honey crisps for eating and a bag of mixed seconds for applesauce. Do you have a healthy apple or pumpkin recipe you make this time of year? Or an item in stores that’s only available in the fall? I see Sabra has a pumpkin hummus I thought I might try. If you have a favorite, please share.

I’ll share two easy ones. I make applesauce in a crockpot-peel, core and slice about a dozen apples-a mix of sweet and tart. Add a splash of apple cider and cook on low about 4-5 hours. I use my potato masher to smush them up, but keeping it chunky. Serve warm with a half teaspoon of cinnamon sugar (7 calories).

Pumpkin Spread (67 calories per 1/4 cup or 2 points on WW)

Mix together:
4 oz light cream cheese
1/4 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 T brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Can be chilled or serve immediately. I dip apple slices in it or graham crackers.

I love your picture and I do love fall. It's kind of funny - I would never consider fall to be my favorite season, but I do seem to look forward to it the most for some reason. Maybe it's not my favorite just because it's so fleeting in the midwest. You might have a few days of it or a few months, it's just hard to tell.

I'll have to think of a good fall recipe that I have - your dip sounds wonderful. I'll definitely have to try it!

I've never used the light cream cheese, do you feel it works with most recipes? I have some soup recipes that I like that call for cream cheese. It would really save some calories if I could sub light cream cheese.

I love your picture and I do love fall. It's kind of funny - I would never consider fall to be my favorite season, but I do seem to look forward to it the most for some reason. Maybe it's not my favorite just because it's so fleeting in the midwest. You might have a few days of it or a few months, it's just hard to tell.

I'll have to think of a good fall recipe that I have - your dip sounds wonderful. I'll definitely have to try it!

I've never used the light cream cheese, do you feel it works with most recipes? I have some soup recipes that I like that call for cream cheese. It would really save some calories if I could sub light cream cheese.
I use the Neufactel (sp?) and have subbed it successfully in most recipes. It’s less fat, not fat free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter