September 2017 Car Rental Watch

Just booked thru dollar from September 9th thru the 18th, full size city special for $247 total. This is the cheapest I have found. We usually use Alamo but prices are still too high, but love the option of choosing our own car. Pretty sure dollar allows us to do the same???

Just booked thru dollar from September 9th thru the 18th, full size city special for $247 total. This is the cheapest I have found. We usually use Alamo but prices are still too high, but love the option of choosing our own car. Pretty sure dollar allows us to do the same???

Dollar's rates change by the minute (or so it seems). Yesterday, I checked their website every half hour or so and got different rates every time (using the KISSE code). I finally saw decent rates & booked a standard size, 9-10 to 9-16 using City Special for $187.70 all in. I think that's pretty good, but I will keep checking throughout the day today in hopes of a bit more savings.

Just used the kisse code, guessing that's short for Kissimmee? Anyway, came down to 241. Just too lazy to rebook for 6 bucks! Expecting (hoping) it will drop further in the next two months. I'm so used to paying under $150, but have to keep reminding myself that this trip is longer than my usual five or six nights. So $241 is pretty good. Alamo is a hundred more right now!

Just used the kisse code, guessing that's short for Kissimmee? Anyway, came down to 241. Just too lazy to rebook for 6 bucks! Expecting (hoping) it will drop further in the next two months. I'm so used to paying under $150, but have to keep reminding myself that this trip is longer than my usual five or six nights. So $241 is pretty good. Alamo is a hundred more right now!

Alamo is insanely through the roof. I agree that prices should eventually drop. I'm OK with $187, but I'm still hopeful for decent rates. Keep checking!

I have 207 all fees for 9 days but that seems so high. Sept 26-Oct 6. I have tried all kinds of codes and this is still the best I can do. What is up with September?

Still trying. Just re-rented, this time for a Jeep Compass for $187 for 9-10 to 9-16 with Dollar. Just for the heck of it, I re-entered all my info a few minutes later, and it shot up to about $210.00. I swear they change their prices ever 30 seconds!!!!!

I just booked Alamo specialty vehicle for $174 ($122 base rate plus taxes and fees) Sept 19-26. I'm not sure what type of vehicle I will end up with but that is the best on site rental price I can find. I'm still hopeful for a better rate.

Costco showing me a 196 rental from 9/21-9/28 for an interm SUV..went to the Alamo site and got a surprise vehicle (not sure which one until I arrive) for 169 :]

Scored a pretty good deal this morning with Budget. 183 for an intermediate vehicle from. Sept 14-23. 1 hour later, it was 326!

Scored a pretty good deal this morning with Budget. 183 for an intermediate vehicle from. Sept 14-23. 1 hour later, it was 326!

That's a great price! But so frustrating that the prices fluctuate so quickly. Makes me feel like I have to be on the computer all day going from site to site to grab a decent price!

I'm seeing some good rates at Dollar using no codes and City Special, at least for my dates (Sep 20-24). Some example base rates: Compact $12/day, Lock Low and go $13.39/day, Midsize $13/day, Standard $14/day, Fullsize $14.65/day, Midsize SUV $19.23/day, Minivan and Mid-size Van $22.50/day. Might be worth a look...this is about $20 total less than my current Alamo reservation; hoping Alamo comes down close to that, but we'll see...

Checked this morning, and it went down to $170.00 from the 14-23rd. Budget!

Just reserved a full size thru Hertz for 9/17 -9/24 using USAA rate, total just under $149 out the door. Happy!! Hertz also gives free add'l driver for USAA members.

Costco dropped for me today. I have a standard for $313 for 9/2-9/14. I'm hoping to get down to under $300 but this isn't that bad.

We went ahead and booked Alamo with Costco - 9/9-9/14, Midsize SUV - $300.31.

We have a minivan booked through Alamo using the passholders code for 12 days. Sept 6-19 for $331. I booked it many months ago and glad I did. I see watch though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!