September 2017 Car Rental Watch

I just rebooked, costco code 7014627, coupon AD3868JST, down to $262.87.

Dropped slightly... I think I listed the wrong coupon, I used AD2823JAZ, new rate - $259.96

every little bit helps!

Have 2 reservations for 9 days, $243 with dollar and $261 with Hertz. Still hoping for price to come down but as we are about one month out I expect prices will start going up. We've never paid more than $150 with Alamo, though those trips were 7 days.

Leaning towards Hertz as we've never used dollar before. We like to choose our own car. Can we do that with dollar?

Just booked a September trip. 9/27 - 9/30. Rates are high. It's just my daughter and I so we don't really need anything fancy, I'm just spoiled and usually get a full size. I can get National Emerald Aisle for $174.64. Best I could get with Dollar is a compact for $162.54. Dollar with Costco code and free upgrade coupon - Standard to Full Size. $169.40

What happened to my days of $99 rentals? I guess I'll book the Dollar and keep checking back.

Just booked a September trip. 9/27 - 9/30. Rates are high. It's just my daughter and I so we don't really need anything fancy, I'm just spoiled and usually get a full size. I can get National Emerald Aisle for $174.64. Best I could get with Dollar is a compact for $162.54. Dollar with Costco code and free upgrade coupon - Standard to Full Size. $169.40

What happened to my days of $99 rentals? I guess I'll book the Dollar and keep checking back.

Ashley, hang in there. I booked Dollar for Sept 20-24 for $52 base/$84.24 all in for a midsize last weekend, no coupons - just their City Special. It has since gone back up, but I think in the next month we'll see rates bouncing around, so keep checking! (If you haven't already, sign up for Dollar Express...you can do the online checkin and go straight to the garage, similar to Alamo and sometimes they'll let you pick a car from a row)

Ashley, hang in there. I booked Dollar for Sept 20-24 for $52 base/$84.24 all in for a midsize last weekend, no coupons - just their City Special. It has since gone back up, but I think in the next month we'll see rates bouncing around, so keep checking! (If you haven't already, sign up for Dollar Express...you can do the online checkin and go straight to the garage, similar to Alamo and sometimes they'll let you pick a car from a row)

Thanks. Now that I have the trip booked, I'll be checking frequently. I already belong to all the rental company programs. Dollar city specials usually work out well for me.

I also just found a full size with Budget for $168.23

I just booked a last minute trip to Orlando for 9/9-9/12 and got an intermediate SUV through Alamo for $92. I went through Costco travel. It was their cheapest option... cheaper than the economy or compact options.

$313 for a standard (so really full size) from Alamo booked on Costco, 9/2-9/14. Rates have only gone back up since then. It's not looking good for getting anything better.

yikes I checked Budget and Dolla and they both quoted me more then Alamo. Glad I booked my car when I did in April. It is currently twice the price I have booked.

Guess I lucked out right now double checking Costco Travel for a rental.

9/2 - 9/9 134$ for a midsize at Alamo

Nice. Sometimes one can get a better deal when it gets closer to the date. I checked mine and it went down $3 so not really worth re-booking.

Thanks. Now that I have the trip booked, I'll be checking frequently. I already belong to all the rental company programs. Dollar city specials usually work out well for me.

I also just found a full size with Budget for $168.23[/QUO

Booked full size with Dollar using AAA code. Still high.

Rental Time: 4 Days at $28.46 per day. Unlimited mileage.
Rate Code: TMDD
Total Base Rate: $113.84 USD Unlimited Miles
Cust Facility Chrg ($2.50 Per Day) $10.00
Concession Fee Rec (10%) $11.83
Florida Surcharge ($2.02 Per Day) $8.08
State Tax (6.5%) $9.63
Energy Surcharge ($1.49) $1.49
Tourism Fee (2.6%) $2.96
Total Est. Mandatory Charges $43.99
Approx. Total $157.83

Last edited:
Just booked an intermediate SUV with Budget through Costco for Sept 29-Oct 14 for $370 plus a $20 gift card. My question is how much luggage room will we have? There will be two adults and two tweens. The example given is a Ford Escape. The pictures online look like it's decently sized for cargo area, or is it just the pictures making it look bigger than it really is?

Just booked an intermediate SUV with Budget through Costco for Sept 29-Oct 14 for $370 plus a $20 gift card. My question is how much luggage room will we have? There will be two adults and two tweens. The example given is a Ford Escape. The pictures online look like it's decently sized for cargo area, or is it just the pictures making it look bigger than it really is?

My dad has a new Ford Escape and the cargo area is pretty decent. Do you all have carry-ons or regular sized luggage? Worse case scenario, you can place bags in the back seat between the kids (even if it's a bit squishy from the airport, you're heading to Disney lol! :D)

My dad has a new Ford Escape and the cargo area is pretty decent. Do you all have carry-ons or regular sized luggage? Worse case scenario, you can place bags in the back seat between the kids (even if it's a bit squishy from the airport, you're heading to Disney lol! :D)

Thanks! We will have at least two checked suitcases and a duffel. We strive to avoid carry ons and stick to back packs as it's easier in the airport. We will have to squish three times. From the airport, to Port Canaveral (Disney Cruise!), and then back to the airport so if we have to squish, it's ok. I just didn't want to reserve it, get there, and there be no way lol.

don't know if it's a glitch but just tried to rent from alamo for sept 16-24. they say there are no vehicles available for that time period. and i thought sept was low season

don't know if it's a glitch but just tried to rent from alamo for sept 16-24. they say there are no vehicles available for that time period. and i thought sept was low season

Must be a glitch, I just tried your same dates and was able to get prices. High, but still prices! Can't believe that prices have not come down yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter