September 2017 Car Rental Watch

Found a full size at Budget through carrentalsavers for 9/27 - 9/30 for $147.61

Chipping away little by little.

I know rental cars are a supply/demand business, but these quotes make no sense.

TEnHmG0.png

So, it seems like prices may be coming down a bit. I had two reservations for September 9th thru the 18th, one with dollar for around 243 a midsize, and a full size at hertz for approximately 261. I cancelled dollar because I read some bad reviews and got a bit nervous. Replaced it with a standard at Alamo for 272 using a $25 entertainment discount along with Alamo insiders. You may think, this woman is crazy, that price is higher! And you would be correct!

What I mean by saying prices are coming down is that having stalked the Alamo site for over a month, I haven't seen their prices lower than $350.

The hertz reservation that I booked weeks ago is still lower, but I really prefer Alamo so I may stick with them, even though it's a bit more.

Also, would anyone be able to check what a similar reservation thru Alamo for my dates would cost using Costco? I'm considering getting a membership, but can't get a quote without one. We already belong to BJ's so I don't really need to join another warehouse club, but since we have a couple trips planned over the next year it mat be worth it. TIA!

Also, would anyone be able to check what a similar reservation thru Alamo for my dates would cost using Costco? I'm considering getting a membership, but can't get a quote without one. We already belong to BJ's so I don't really need to join another warehouse club, but since we have a couple trips planned over the next year it mat be worth it. TIA!

For your dates you can get a full size from Alamo for $245 and Costco will send you a $20 gift card as well.

Or you can get an Intermediate SUV from Budget for $263 and Costco will also send you a $20 gift card.

At carrentalsavers.com/alamo.html you can get a Full Size for $255 with the free day coupon. No membership required.

prices are down somewhat today. Booked with Alamo for $167 for an economy for 9/3 to 9/8. Not sure if I will keep it or not. May just use ME.

Got a full size with Avis today using carrentalsavers for $140.58. So many cancellations to remember to do. Lol.

I just booked a second ressie. Pick up at MCO drop off at the Dolphin (we're staying at the Yacht Club) for 3 days at $115 for an economy. Take ME back to airport. Idk...:scratchin

I just booked a second ressie. Pick up at MCO drop off at the Dolphin (we're staying at the Yacht Club) for 3 days at $115 for an economy. Take ME back to airport. Idk...:scratchin

How much are you saving by doing that? I'm just a diehard. Hate the extra time that DME takes. I tend to stay until the very last minute before returning to MCO. Lol.

How much are you saving by doing that? I'm just a diehard. Hate the extra time that DME takes. I tend to stay until the very last minute before returning to MCO. Lol.

$53 to have the car one less day.

Ughhhh...maybe I should stick with the $167 ressie?

I would stick with the more expensive reservation. One reason I love a rental car is not being at my resort three hours before my flight. I can leave directly from the park or Disney Springs when I want to.

My best rate so far is $240 for 9/9 - 9/17. I'm not sure I can do any better. I'm used to the procedure at Alamo and not sure if I would want to switch.

Thanks for the suggestions, just so happy to prices coming down. Was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen!

We are renting from Sept 2 to 9th. I started out last week at $197 for intermediate SUV with a $20 costco cash card. Today I cancelled and got a intermediate car for $139.14. This is thru Costco travel site.

Just rebooked with Hertz. Had a full size sedan for $261 thru the AAA website with coupon September 9th thru the 18th. Down to $225 with an intermediate SUV. Very happy with this price!

Dollar seems to have some decent rates today. With AAA discount I could get a full size for $142.45 U.S. DOLLAR(USD) for 9/27 - 9/30. $2 more than my existing Avis.

Just rebooked Budget through costco, went from a Standard size for $136 to a Full size for $136.

just rebooked this morning with Budget through Costco. 9/3 to 9/8 for an economy for $123. I would have preferred to stay with Alamo, but for a $44 savings, I'll use Budget.

If I go through the Budget website I can get the car for $116 with the pay now feature. I'd rather pay later for some reason though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter