**September 2019**

It's not a hurricane yet, just a tropical depression. It's forecast to be a hurricane Friday (and not even a major one at that). LOTS can change between now and then, so prepare, plan, and do what you've planned to do for now. This thing is still so far out from potential U.S. landfall that there's no telling where it could go at this point. It's not going to impact WDW through the weekend, anyway. This is life on/near the coast during hurricane season! (I live on the coast of GA and don't start to get concerned about my home/whether or not to evacuate until that 5-day cone is near/on top of my home.) We're headed to WDW tomorrow after school and can't wait!

You have the right idea. Stay positive and prepare for it to be business as usual until told otherwise. If it were to move diagonally up towards us, is it assumed to be aimed at central Florida and what is the best guess of when it could reach there at this pace? Probably unanswerable questions but we want to make sure we don't get stuck on the way home with a rental car. I know we will make it down. I just want to be prepared for when we are there.

I couldn't live in Florida. I saw this development disappear and reappear a few times. Now it's already a hurricane? The forecasts I watch seem to think it will turn away but I'm not going to let myself stress about it right now. This prediction at least allows us to get there before anything heads our direction.

Most residents aren't anywhere nears as stressed as a tourist with a Disney vacation planned for that week : ). Its just a normal season for them.

Most residents aren't anywhere nears as stressed as a tourist with a Disney vacation planned for that week : ). Its just a normal season for them.
Exactly. I'm worried about MCO closing. I'm not even concerned about the weather once we're there, it's GETTING there that's the worry!

You can't make assumptions about these things ... or at least I can't! LOL The NHC (National Hurricane Center) is the place to watch, and even then, their 5-day cone can still be wildly inaccurate. Six counties in GA were told to evacuate for Dorian (we opted to stay), but Dorian lingered over the Bahamas, devastating them, skirted FL and our coast, and then made landfall in NC. And then Humberto went off and is headed toward Bermuda. So much is dependent on the water temps, the Gulf Stream, and so much more that I don't know. This is just life here; we prepare and don't stress (too) much about it. Bring a raincoat and a good mood. ;)

This is so heart breaking to read. I'm so very sorry. Thinking of you and hope disney takes good care of you both 💖

Thank you! I hope so too...

I have been watching that thing for awhile so I am not too freaked about it. It looks like it will allow us to get to FL (we fly in Sunday afternoon). I am not going to freak out and just ride it out. Worse case scenario is we might have to relax in the hotel for a bit.

I couldn't live in Florida. I saw this development disappear and reappear a few times. Now it's already a hurricane? The forecasts I watch seem to think it will turn away but I'm not going to let myself stress about it right now. This prediction at least allows us to get there before anything heads our direction.

I have been watching the NHC for the past week and that guy has been there for awhile. The probability for it turning into a hurricane has been going up steadily for the past 3 or 4 days. I think the past day it finally hit red. Fortunately it is quite a ways out so it is hard to tell how it will impact FL.

Reactions: wx1
We fly out tomorrow morning and STILL trying to pack, too 😩
Have a magical time
Haha, I'm STILL frantically finishing our packing so we can head down to our Park n Fly hotel near the airport tonight! We fly out early tomorrow. Wishing you a magical trip as well!

In one week we will be there. We are excited but also struggling with the loss of my wife’s brother to brain cancer this weekend. He was 31 years old. After our couples trip my wife will fly out the next day for his funeral. Bitter sweet.
What a tremendous loss. Sending my sincerest condolences to you, your wife, and everyone else who knew and loved your wife's brother.

Oh, I am not concerned with it while I am there cause I know I’ll be safe. I also am used to them tho so

That storm out in the Atlantic is concerning, but it seems that most of the spaghetti models have it staying out at sea. Unfortunately, it’s too soon to tell. I just hope we can it into Orlando before anything hits, if it does. We fly in on Tuesday. My biggest concern is canceled or delayed flights. I’ll keep watching, but I’ll try not to worry.

We fly out on Friday and are so excited! It will be our kids first flight so they cannot wait. I still have about half the things to pack, but thankfully I am off all day Friday and we don't fly out until 5 pm. The kids have a half day at school, so hubby and I can finish packing that morning.

What a tremendous loss. Sending my sincerest condolences to you, your wife, and everyone else who knew and loved your wife's brother.

Thank you!

I was hoping it would wait a couple more days and then turn :) That is just my selfish self wanting people to cancel trips so the parks would be empty again :)

I can't believe my countdown timer says 4 days! I am starting to get excited!

We have had a really bad couple weeks so we really haven't gotten as excited for the trip as we normally would be. The A/C went out on our house yesterday but I managed to fix it myself but it is stuff like that with the loss of my wife's brother that have really kept our attention on everything but the trip. I'll be lucky if we get packed in time.

Anyone know some nice places to stop in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina along 95? We drive down and trying to map good places to see/stop along the way 😁😀😎

Anyone know some nice places to stop in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina along 95? We drive down and trying to map good places to see/stop along the way 😁😀😎

What do you have in mind? Historical? Entertaining? Food? South of the Border is a run down junk store, even though you will see about 2000 signs.

JR Cigar Outlet in Selma, NC is a nice place to stop and stretch your legs. It’s not just a tobacco outlet. We picked this up on a past trip.
B957568B-3FC1-4B6A-A795-B4362D674F90.jpeg

Leaving tomorrow morning, but I fly stand by so it's always nerve wracking. We checked in 4th and 5th and there are 16 seats right now, so fingers crossed that this time tomorrow I'll be in the air.

That storm out in the Atlantic is concerning, but it seems that most of the spaghetti models have it staying out at sea. Unfortunately, it’s too soon to tell. I just hope we can it into Orlando before anything hits, if it does. We fly in on Tuesday. My biggest concern is canceled or delayed flights. I’ll keep watching, but I’ll try not to worry.
We fly down on Tuesday as well, so this is my main concern. Also we are flying Frontier so I know we won't have other flights to choose from if ours is changed.
Forecast looking like a turn away from us 🤞We leave tomorrow and we still have so much to do. Long drive but worth every minute. Ahhhhh
Hopefully it keeps on this predicted path. 🤞

In one week we will be there. We are excited but also struggling with the loss of my wife’s brother to brain cancer this weekend. He was 31 years old. After our couples trip my wife will fly out the next day for his funeral. Bitter sweet.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my 30 year-old brother in the spring... it is rough for the entire family. We also had a lot of living to do between his passing and the service... it was hard. So I kind of know what you're up against, and the mixed feelings you have (possibly guilt) about your trip that is supposed to be happy, yet with the cloud of grief over it. Hopefully, you will both get to take a breath, enjoy each other, and soak up life. My brother was not ill prior to his passing (it was an accident) and it has made all of us realize how much we need to really live in the day we have and do our best to love and take care of our people while we can. Enjoy your trip and please give my sympathies to your wife.

What do you have in mind? Historical? Entertaining? Food? South of the Border is a run down junk store, even though you will see about 2000 signs.

JR Cigar Outlet in Selma, NC is a nice place to stop and stretch your legs. It’s not just a tobacco outlet. We picked this up on a past trip.
View attachment 436921

I was thinking scenic as well as some safe rest areas for potential cat naps 😁

I was thinking scenic as well as some safe rest areas for potential cat naps 😁

Virginia Welcome Center near Fredericksburg,Va was nice and clean (been about 8 years since I have been down that way.) I would try to avoid stopping anywhere near the DMV (dc metro area).

Our only other stop was usually in Selma, NC to stretch at JR’s. I would not recommend stopping at South of the Border, even though you will see a ton of signs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter