**September 2019**

I'm trying to share your attitude;-/ We have MNSSHP tickets for the 17th too;-))))

I'm just trying to pretend Galaxy's Edge doesn't exist, LOL!! I mean, I want to see it and I"m excited, but I wanted to avoid the newness.
As soon as we heard the rumor about new Halloween fireworks and ride overlays, we immediately bought our MNSSHP tickets. We were probably going to go anyway, but it sealed the deal. I hope it's a fun night with good weather!!

Today was our ADR day for September 15th- 21st. First of all, the nightmare of having all of your hotel and dining reservations disappear a few minutes after booking literally had me sick to my stomach. Thankfully, two hours later, they all returned. When I called Disney, they said there were 219 people on hold for internet technical support. This is what we were able to book!

15th- Sunday- Fantasmic Dining Package- Mama Melrose - 4:25 PM- Party of five
16th- Monday- Coral Reef- 4:50 PM- Party of five
17th- Tuesday- Be Our Guest (Quick Service)- 11:05 AM - Party of five
18th- Wednesday- Cinderella's Royal Table- 8:30 PM- Party of five
19th- Thursday- Teppan Edo- 12:00 PM- Party of five
20th- Friday- Narcoossee's Dinner- 6:50 PM- Party of two
21st- Saturday- Chef Mickey's- 8:30 AM- Party of five

Fiancee and I will be there 9/12-9/17, saw someone else has the same dates as us <3
CSR for us! Was able to snag a Storybook reservation the other day for 180+5 days, phew

This is what I got so far (will likely not do all of them, but would rather have too many options than not enough)

9/12- no ADRs (will likely just do QS stuff or have this be our Epcot day, we land at 8 AM and didn't want to plan anything in case of weather issues)
9/13- 8:50 AM BoG breakfast (might be MK and MNSSHP day?)
9/14- 9:05 AM Kona Cafe breakfast, AK day, 8:50 PM California Grill (Cali Grill we might end up dropping, we did it last trip and while I loved it, I'm just not so sure I can justify the price again)
9/15- HS day, rope dropping as early as possible (might be 4 AM based on stuff I've heard regarding SWGE) 5:30 PM Homecomin' dinner
9/16- Possibly HS again depending on what we do/don't get done previous day, otherwise will just be a catch-up day for anything we missed, then 7:05 PM dinner at Storybook Dining
9/17- departure day :c

Last edited:
I'm just trying to pretend Galaxy's Edge doesn't exist, LOL!! I mean, I want to see it and I"m excited, but I wanted to avoid the newness.
As soon as we heard the rumor about new Halloween fireworks and ride overlays, we immediately bought our MNSSHP tickets. We were probably going to go anyway, but it sealed the deal. I hope it's a fun night with good weather!!
Update: 3 hours, 2 iPads, 2 phones, 2 desktops and I got 1 res:sad:
Deep breaths and a bit of regrouping
1.5 more hours and using MDE (never got through to dining OTP, but spoke to a lovely man named Freddy in resort res. He wasn’t able to help with dining res., but his kindness meant the world). We have all our ADRs in place...even Storybook which initially showed unavailable for every dinner.pixiedust:
So, SWGE (?) I’m With xlsm and pretending it doesn’t exist; honestly not even all that excited :D DISNEY :yay:Flights,Hotel, ME, ADRs, MNSSHP what more can a girl want. Just going with the flow, laid back happy outlook....and maybe an ear hat or 2!!!

Today was our ADR day for September 15th- 21st. First of all, the nightmare of having all of your hotel and dining reservations disappear a few minutes after booking literally had me sick to my stomach. Thankfully, two hours later, they all returned. When I called Disney, they said there were 219 people on hold for internet technical support. This is what we were able to book!

15th- Sunday- Fantasmic Dining Package- Mama Melrose - 4:25 PM- Party of five
16th- Monday- Coral Reef- 4:50 PM- Party of five
17th- Tuesday- Be Our Guest (Quick Service)- 11:05 AM - Party of five
18th- Wednesday- Cinderella's Royal Table- 8:30 PM- Party of five
19th- Thursday- Teppan Edo- 12:00 PM- Party of five
20th- Friday- Narcoossee's Dinner- 6:50 PM- Party of two
21st- Saturday- Chef Mickey's- 8:30 AM- Party of five

Just out of curiosity, did you receive confirmation emails? I always get them and just added one for my trip in a couple weeks on Friday and received one but did not receive any for my ADRs I made this morning(also going Sept 15-21). I seen them all in MDE right away so I’m not to worried and have written the confirmation numbers down but it’s odd to not receive the emails. Disney IT at it again.

Update: 3 hours, 2 iPads, 2 phones, 2 desktops and I got 1 res:sad:
Deep breaths and a bit of regrouping
1.5 more hours and using MDE (never got through to dining OTP, but spoke to a lovely man named Freddy in resort res. He wasn’t able to help with dining res., but his kindness meant the world). We have all our ADRs in place...even Storybook which initially showed unavailable for every dinner.pixiedust:
So, SWGE (?) I’m With xlsm and pretending it doesn’t exist; honestly not even all that excited :D DISNEY :yay:Flights,Hotel, ME, ADRs, MNSSHP what more can a girl want. Just going with the flow, laid back happy outlook....and maybe an ear hat or 2!!!
Yay...glad it worked out for you. We too are pretending no SWGE..Haha. So happy to hear someone was able to get Storybook, it gives me hope:o.

Just out of curiosity, did you receive confirmation emails? I always get them and just added one for my trip in a couple weeks on Friday and received one but did not receive any for my ADRs I made this morning(also going Sept 15-21). I seen them all in MDE right away so I’m not to worried and have written the confirmation numbers down but it’s odd to not receive the emails. Disney IT at it again.

Funny you should ask. No, I did not receive any confirmation emails from my early morning bookings. I added one later in the afternoon, and I immediately got that email. I was talking about it in a Facebook group, and some of those people did get emails, and some did not. I am in the same boat. They are showing in the app, and I have the confirmation numbers, but no emails.

I do have confirmation emails and they also show in MDE plans. That being said both the app and web have ranged from slow to unresponsive; so maybe check tomorrow afternoon?

Yay...glad it worked out for you. We too are pretending no SWGE..Haha. So happy to hear someone was able to get Storybook, it gives me hope:o.
I think the key to this situation is holding on to the good. I’ve never had a Dis trip go off without a hitch. Weather, crowds, reservation SNAFUs, you name it; it happens. You have two choices; roll with it, make the best and SMILE (even when inside you are GRR), SMILE, SMILE some more and laugh. The other choice makes you miserable,everyone around you miserable, causes arguments, upset tummies and creates an all around disagreeable, unpleasant, unhappy environment.
Seriously; why snarl when you can smile?
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Wishes for Storybook ADR!!!!

This might be planning way too far ahead, but when are the other September 2019 trippers thinking of going back? I'm thinking November 2021, but that might be too long for me to wait! I'm kind of thinking of doing a 2020 trip as well, maybe for my birthday in April so I can go to Flower & Garden Festival, or maybe a weekend at Festival of the Arts? If I end up doing a 2020 trip it will be a much shorter, smaller trip.

I'm just curious what everyone else is planning for their next trip after September!
Going to the Maldives....it’s less expensive:ssst:
...but seriously I think someplace in the Carib or Cooks as it really is less than Disney:beach:

How did it go?
I was able to complete my reservations about one and half to two hours after reservations opened. Like Lanemarie I was able to book a couple prior to opening time starting at 5:45 a.m. The earlier reservations I did not an email confirmation but shows up in DME. Like always I am sure there will be changes. Now I am waiting for MNSSHP fireworks party and thr food and wine events to become available. Happy Planning to you all.

I started typing on this thread yesterday, then realized my daughter was standing behind me. I'm trying to surprise her with this trip! Almost messed it up already! :crazy2:

We are going September 16-20 and staying at The Cabins at Fort Wilderness! This will be our (my daughter 9 and I) first time there. This will also be my boyfriends first real trip to WDW in almost 25 years!! We went for one day to Epcot in October but stayed off site. He has camped at Fort Wilderness when he was a kid, but never stayed in a cabin.

There is a slight chance that we may not go :( which is also why I'm not telling DD9. However, it's due to us most likely getting married in 2020!! We're both a bit stressed about paying for both a wedding and a Disney trip! However, we want to have kids as soon as possible after getting married so we figured we need to get one more trip in!! I'm also going to try and convince him to have our wedding in Disney! Not sure that will happen :P:flower:

Anyway, after all that TMI :earboy2:... Excited to follow this thread!

We are a family of four taking our two sons (who will be 9 and a few weeks shy of 6 years old) on their first ever Disney trip! We are so excited for them to experience the rides and the characters and the MAGIC of it all. Our older son is into Star Wars and our younger son LOVES Minnie (and Mickey & Co.).

We will stay from
September 8th-14th at the Beach Club which I am very excited about. Stoked about the kids having Stormalong Bay to play in on our off day.

We are doing the deluxe dining plan and have a lot of great restaurants booked. Plan on having quite a few "quick" breakfasts at the Boardwalk bakery (and use our snack credits for lunch) so we can scurry on over to HS or Epcot since they are so close. These are our booked restaurants:
Breakfast
Crystal Palace
Cape May Cafe
Garden Grill
Chef Mickey’s

Lunch
Rose and Crown
Morimotos

Dinner
Jiko
California Grill
‘Ohana
Flying Fish
Citricos
LE Cellier

My oldest son is going to be tall enough to ride everything on property and I believe my youngest will be able to ride everything with the exception of RnR. Hoping they are both are brave enough to ride all that they can.

I was very happy to see that we would be there for the opening of SWGE but I am definitely concerned about the long waits in line. Not sure how my kids (or more so my significant other) will handle that. We will try rope dropping a few days but there is no way we will be camping out for hours before open.

We have one day set aside as an off day for swimming and shopping. We plan to rent a pontoon to drive around the lake and hit up the mini golf and finish the night watching the fireworks from California Grill.

Last edited:
Made dining reservations last weekend, didn't do too badly. We love to do 'Ohana on our first night, especially since we stay at the Poly more often than not... but getting anything before 9pm is IMPOSSIBLE on the first day of the trip :sad2: So this is what I got, and our tentative plans:

9/6 (Arrival Day)- 'Ohana 9:15pm. Our plane gets into MCO before 10am. No rush to get to the hotel, check-in (hopefully our room is ready) then it's off to the pool for the day! Have yet to make it over to Wilderness Lodge, so might take a mid-day break to go over there and check out Geyser Point for light lunch! Then back to the hotel to shower/get reading for our late 'Ohana reservation. UNLESS I can get an earlier reservation, then things change. Maybe MNSSHP? Since the news of all the new party things, I'm curious to do it again. We weren't planning on it. We'll see! :upsidedow

9/7- Yak & Yeti 11:30am and Tiffins 7:50pm. Planning on RD-ing AK this morning. Early FP's, lunch (Ahi Tuna nachos.....) at Y&Y then back to the Poly for an afternoon break/pool/nap. Then back to AK in the evening to FINALLY see Pandora at night and eat at Tiffins! It will be our firs time trying it out, have been to Nomad and loved it, super excited!

9/8- California Grill Brunch 11:05am. This one is still a maybe. I have the reservation but have yet to convince DBF on brunch :sad: I have been before though, so won't be too upset if we skip it. If we do skip it This will be a an MK/Epcot day. MK in the morning (It's a MNSSHP night so hoping for light crowds) then Epcot at night for (hopefully) F&W festival!

9/9- Be Our Guest 11:50am. Last full day, most likely MK on/off all day. Early morning till lunch, back to the Poly, then back in the evening! Only reservation I have as of right now is BOG. Still deciding what we'll do for dinner but there are lots of MK snacks on our "must-eat" list. So maybe just try to check all of those off? Or maybe Trader Sam's on our way back to the room for the night? Then again, there will probably be a Trader Sam's stop on the way back to the room every night...

9/10 (Departure Day :sad:)- No reservations, but just planning on a relaxed morning, last pool trip and packing, probably Kona for lunch before DME picks us up for the airport around 3pm.

Nothing too crazy! And definitely no SWGE anywhere in there. Since the opening date announcement we've pulled our expectations back a lot. Lot's of resort time, and parks really just for fastpasses. Hoping for maybe some EMM or DAH to be announced for our dates, just because of FD and SWGE opening. Fingers crossed. That's enough for now! If anyone actually read all of that, bless you :lovestruc

Made dining reservations last weekend, didn't do too badly. We love to do 'Ohana on our first night, especially since we stay at the Poly more often than not... but getting anything before 9pm is IMPOSSIBLE on the first day of the trip :sad2: So this is what I got, and our tentative plans:

9/6 (Arrival Day)- 'Ohana 9:15pm. Our plane gets into MCO before 10am. No rush to get to the hotel, check-in (hopefully our room is ready) then it's off to the pool for the day! Have yet to make it over to Wilderness Lodge, so might take a mid-day break to go over there and check out Geyser Point for light lunch! Then back to the hotel to shower/get reading for our late 'Ohana reservation. UNLESS I can get an earlier reservation, then things change. Maybe MNSSHP? Since the news of all the new party things, I'm curious to do it again. We weren't planning on it. We'll see! :upsidedow
:lovestruc
Have you ever eaten "in" while staying at the Poly? Last December we ordered room service, the Twilight Feast. WE only ordered for ONE person and got so much food it was even too much for the two of us. You get everything you get while eating at 'Ohana only you can eat it in your room....in your jammies.....while watching fireworks (if you have a lake or theme park view)!

Have you ever eaten "in" while staying at the Poly? Last December we ordered room service, the Twilight Feast. WE only ordered for ONE person and got so much food it was even too much for the two of us. You get everything you get while eating at 'Ohana only you can eat it in your room....in your jammies.....while watching fireworks (if you have a lake or theme park view)!
We are looking forward to trying the Twilight Feast this year! It is our first time staying at the Poly and while the kids want 'Ohanas for breakfast this sounds like a fun idea for dinner! We were thinking of ordering for 2 or 3 for the 5 of us. It would really only be myself, DH and DS12 eating the most as DD9 and DS6 will probably just graze. :)

Well this is the first time in years I couldn't book dining at 6:00 am as our split stay wouldn't let me book for the second half of our trip. I tried on the desktop and laptop and it wouldn't work. Just before 7:00 I thought I would check the MDE app on my phone and it worked.:rolleyes: This is the first time in years we aren't doing the dining plan and so I didn't have much to book. We still got everything we wanted so it all worked out fine.:) We are looking forward to slowing down and just having fun seeing what's available when we are hungry this trip. I have loved always having the dining plan but we want to try it without to see what works better for us!

Well this is the first time in years I couldn't book dining at 6:00 am as our split stay wouldn't let me book for the second half of our trip. I tried on the desktop and laptop and it wouldn't work. Just before 7:00 I thought I would check the MDE app on my phone and it worked.:rolleyes: This is the first time in years we aren't doing the dining plan and so I didn't have much to book. We still got everything we wanted so it all worked out fine.:) We are looking forward to slowing down and just having fun seeing what's available when we are hungry this trip. I have loved always having the dining plan but we want to try it without to see what works better for us!
I modified our trip by moving it up 2 weeks so I didn't run into the issue of booking ADRs with our split stay. I will tell you that I could not book all of my fast passes for our May trip, though. I hadn't heard there were issues with booking FPs for the entire length of stay (we're doing 1 night WL, 4 nights CBR, and 2 nights BWV). I was really getting myself upset about it after about an hour of trying and getting error messages. I finally called WDW and was put on hold for a bit. My case was escalated with the MDE people and the CM I was working with on the phone was told she could book my fast passes for me. Bummer was several of the FPs slipped by but in the end I was ok with what I got. I just want to warn you about this since you are also going to have a split stay. I'm not sure if what I experienced was a glitch or a change of policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter