**September 2019**

I am excited to possibly going to see Post Modern Jukebox who is freaking amazing! I think paying for a dining package is annoying cause my plans might change, but PMJ is pretty great if you love cover bands.

For us the extra, extra hours are no good. I have a 3yo and a 10month old. WE just can't be up and ready to go by 6am. It's a shame because kids that small can't do long lines, I'll try to maximise FP but if we can't I can see us spending less and less time in the parks and more at the resorts. I'm so glad I booked Deluxe for this trip.

Our son needs eye surgery on Tuesday so in a heartbeat our holiday account went from thousands to $0.21.

In Australia we do have good public health care and private insurance, but you pay upfront for this and claim back. I will get most it back, but I have to anxiously wait for 1- The surgery to go smoothly and 2- Hope our insurance covers lots of it.
I hope that the operation goes well. There is nothing worse than waiting anxiously for your child during surgery. Sending prayers.

Thank you. It’s minor surgery with a 90% success rate, but he’s only 10 and I’m terrified.

I don’t know what people would do without an international holidays worth of savings if that came up. Thank goodness we still have a few months to save harder.

Both of my boys have had eye surgery. Biggest hurdle is keeping rambunctious 1 and 4 years old from wrestling while healing. Make sure you have some distractions ready for the recovery period when he has to be extra safe not injuring the eye.

Our son needs eye surgery on Tuesday so in a heartbeat our holiday account went from thousands to $0.21.

In Australia we do have good public health care and private insurance, but you pay upfront for this and claim back. I will get most it back, but I have to anxiously wait for 1- The surgery to go smoothly and 2- Hope our insurance covers lots of it.
really ? I'm from Australia too, our Public Health care system is one of the best in the entire world! I recently had eye surgery for FREE. Not sure where you are going but 99% of hospitals in Australia are completely covered by Medicare and the Govt. There is a reason other countries copy of our health care system.

On another note, I sure hope your Son is OK. I know you say "minor" surgery, but when it's your kids it's still scary stuff.

Thank you. It’s minor surgery with a 90% success rate, but he’s only 10 and I’m terrified.

I don’t know what people would do without an international holidays worth of savings if that came up. Thank goodness we still have a few months to save harder.
I'm sure you must be nervous and I hope all goes well. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Giving some hope to everyone upset over hours still~ I like to look on the bright side so ignore me if you guys still want to be mad but what if Disney opened up the extra hours to make feel more comfortable about booking rooms cause there is still so much availability during this time? Also, September is still pretty hot so I am looking at the extra hours across the board as a great thing, we get into the parks early and then midday go back to the hotel for naps/swimming then go back at dusk. Now that there is more hours, I won't feel like I'm wasting time to take a midday break.

I agree on the temperature side of this. It was miserably hot last September, and those early morning hours may be the only bearable temperatures all day, especially in HS, which I feel is the hottest park. We had hoped to have a more "relaxing" trip this time, but we will see what happens. We have dessert party tickets at MK one night. We definitely won't be hitting an early park the next day!

This made me actually lol. I definitely flip flop between mad, optimistic and excited most days.

i'm glad to make you guys laugh! i know i can be annoying constantly posting things that are like GUYS EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE GREAT. HERE IS WHY! real talk, i feel like pollyanna (best Disney movie imo) and i just moved to town. for the grumpy folks like it doesn't matter what anyone says positively cause they are refusing to cancel their vacations, and refusing to be optimistic but are still going so like... they were gonna ignore me anyway LOL

but this is DISNEY~ guys, like it's going to be awesome not to be at home and to be with your families (or solo) and have a great time in a super immersive and fun environment. those nice and cool mornings at ak, hs and mk with a nice swim/lunch/nap/shower in the middle of the day is going to be *chef kiss* cause i know not everyone can, or will be dragging their families out at the buttcrack of dawn.

also i still have a really nagging feeling that it is because they haven't sold out of hotels due to people being worried with the crowds so they are trying to make it more appealing by offering more hours for guests staying on property to be tempted or to show how they are managing the crowds.

I'm not too worried about the crowds, but I've gone enough in the last few years that I'm ok with taking a slower paced trip now. I think if it was my first trip and I wanted to get everything in, I'd be more stressed. I LOVE the early morning hours. I've definitely become more of a morning person, and will be ready to go at rope drop. :)

i'm glad to make you guys laugh! i know i can be annoying constantly posting things that are like GUYS EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE GREAT. HERE IS WHY! real talk, i feel like pollyanna (best Disney movie imo) and i just moved to town. for the grumpy folks like it doesn't matter what anyone says positively cause they are refusing to cancel their vacations, and refusing to be optimistic but are still going so like... they were gonna ignore me anyway LOL

but this is DISNEY~ guys, like it's going to be awesome not to be at home and to be with your families (or solo) and have a great time in a super immersive and fun environment. those nice and cool mornings at ak, hs and mk with a nice swim/lunch/nap/shower in the middle of the day is going to be *chef kiss* cause i know not everyone can, or will be dragging their families out at the buttcrack of dawn.

also i still have a really nagging feeling that it is because they haven't sold out of hotels due to people being worried with the crowds so they are trying to make it more appealing by offering more hours for guests staying on property to be tempted or to show how they are managing the crowds.
I love your attitude! I agree. We are very blessed and fortunate to be able to go at all.

Ok I'm back to being mad although this time it's at JetBlue! They just moved our 9:30am flight from NY to 6:15am. Time to start replanning a sleep deprived Plan E....

Ok I'm back to being mad although this time it's at JetBlue! They just moved our 9:30am flight from NY to 6:15am. Time to start replanning a sleep deprived Plan E....
Sleep deprivation might be the theme of the trip :D
Silver linings - you get there early! My best friend and I had a similar flight time for our trip and it was nice having a full day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts