September 3, 2018 Alaskan Cruise aboard the Wonder

ALK$Disney

Mouseketeer
Such a looooooooooooooong time before our cruise! :bored::hourglass

We are DH :charac4:, DW :earsgirl:, and DD princess:(11 at time of cruise).

So funny that we will be taking heavy jackets on a cruise. :crazy:

Hope everyone enjoys the planning! :thumbsup2

Can't wait till next year! :)

Last edited:
Such a looooooooooooooong time before our cruise! :bored::hourglass

We are DH :charac4:, DW :earsgirl:, and DD princess:(11 at time of cruise).

So funny that we will be taking heavy jackets on a cruise. :crazy:

Hope everyone enjoys the planning! :thumbsup2

Can't wait till next year! :)

Hi! Thanks for starting the thread. You're right it's such a looooong time before our cruise, but I will need all that time to plan it, as this is our first Alaska cruise and our first trip to Canada. Can't wait to plan! We live in Florida so it took a long time to convince my husband to go to AK because it seems so wrong to vacation where it's cold. :crazy2:

Hi! Thanks for starting the thread. You're right it's such a looooong time before our cruise, but I will need all that time to plan it, as this is our first Alaska cruise and our first trip to Canada. Can't wait to plan! We live in Florida so it took a long time to convince my husband to go to AK because it seems so wrong to vacation where it's cold. :crazy2:

Same here. Had a hard time convincing DH to do the Alaska cruise. His idea is a warm beach and a drink. He gave in though. :)

I finally convinced my wife to do an Alaskan cruise after becoming bored with east/west/Bahamas. We have done other "unique" cruises but it has been awhile.

It will be just us (Kevin & Lisa); our daughter is an adult and won't be joining us. We live in Orlando, FL.

"So funny that we will be taking heavy jackets on a cruise" is right! We were on the first Mexican Riviera out of L.A. after the Alaskan season and it was weird to see the blanket carts on deck.

Hope everyone enjoys the planning! We are visiting friends in Seattle so our planning is more intense as we plan to fly into Seattle and use ground transportation to Vancouver. Most likely the train.
If anyone has hotel tips for Vancouver I would love to hear them. We may be able to arrange a pre-cruise meet up the night before.

At least we crossed in the 400s for days left- 500 was daunting. I am sure we will do something before; we have a placeholder itching for a booking :-)

Hello, the FUDZELLS will be on this cruise too. We are a small group that travels together and FUDZELL is an acronym of our last names. We are inclusive, the more the merrier! We are:

Sharan and Dave Fosbinder. F
Kami and Nathan Judson. UD
And me, Denise and DH Steve Ezell. ZELL. =FUDZELL!
Took a long time to convince Steve too, he was the only hold out.

Hi everyone, we are sailing with you too :-) It's DH and me, we live in the Netherlands.
Our friends from Tennessee (who we met on a cruise a couple of years ago) will be joining us.
So excited about Alaska, it all looks so amazing. This will be our 6th cruise (all with DCL ofcourse ;-) )

Joining in!! It's just DH and me and we will both be GOLD for this cruise!
All previous cruises have been on the Disney Wonder. We're creatures of habit.
We live near Vancouver so won't have airfare this trip. Yay!

Isn't it great when you don't have to worry about flying to get on your cruise? We did the inaugural Hawaii cruise aboard the Wonder leaving from the port of Los Angeles back in 2012. We live about 15 minutes from the port, and it was so nice just to have a family member drop us off.

My wife and I are cruise alone now that our daughter is an adult. We live in Orlando, so this will be one of those few cruises where we do fly.... but so worth it!
I would appreciate your opinion on places to stay in Vancouver near the port... we most likely will arrive by Amtrak the day before (from Seattle) if that helps.

We like to stay at the Coast Coal Harbour. It's an easy 5 to 10 minute walk to the port and in a great location in the city.

Just wanted to clarify...we are usually in Vancouver for business. When we go for fun, we stay outside the city at a hotel close to a skytrain station. There are lots of hotels closer than the Coast to the pier. I would advise checking out some trip reports and maybe tripadvisor for suggestions.

With luggage, the walk from the Coast Coal Harbour is closer to 15 minutes. But it's still a fairly easy walk. I guess that depends on how much luggage you bring!!

Last edited:
Hi there. We are Scott and Glenda from Virginia. We booked this when we were on the Eastbound Transatlantic in May. This will be our first time to Alaska, fourth Disney cruise, and first B2B - we will be staying on for the 4-day Vancouver to San Diego repositioning. Alaska has been Scott's dream destination for several years. I am a "warm weather and beach" vacationer, however, have embraced our decision to go colder weather for this one! We will be sailing during Scott's birthday and celebrating our 22nd anniversary as well. Looking forward to counting down with you!!

My family and I are also booked on this cruise and are very excited. It will be me, my son (10 yrs), my Aunt and Uncle (split up between 2 rooms right next to each other). Looking forward to possibly meeting you all and getting into as many FE groups as I can. :)

Hi everybody. My wife and I will be sailing with you on this cruise. This will be our seventh trip on the Wonder to Alaska. Each one has been different and beautiful. We are really looking forward to this one. Hope to get in a FE group also.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! I am Lisa and we are having a mini-family reunion aboard the cruise. I am so excited as Alaska is on my bucket list. My daughter is fascinated with glaciers and I can't wait for her to see one in person.
We are also hoping to get into an FE group. I know that is something the kids would really enjoy.

My daughter (4) and I will be doing this cruise. I'm a life long Alaskan, but I live in the interior and don't get down to the Southeast part of the state much. My daughter has never been. This is our consolation cruise, since we had to cancel doing a British Isles cruise on the Magic at the same time due to my husband's work schedule. Still very excited, since a lot of the ship activities will be different than the warm weather cruises we've been on. This will be our 6th Disney Cruise.

Hello My husband and I will be attending this cruise and would like to join the fish extender group if there is room, we will be arriving in the great northwest from the south so the cooler temperatures should be wonderful.
If someone is coordinating the group please let me know as we have had a fun experience with FE groups in the past.
Mom4my bunch

Congratulations! This will be my fifth, so after it, I'll be gold. :) This will be my first time on the Wonder, though - I'm excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts