September 3, 2018 Alaskan Cruise aboard the Wonder

Greetings in the New Year
Has anyone taken the lead on this fish extender group?
Everyone is so excited.
Best wishes as we thaw out in the south
mom4mybunch

This will be our second cruise to Alaska in the Disney Wonder. Can't wait to see the difference between the opening week of the Disney cruise season (end of May) and the September weather and sights of the closing of the cruise season.

Greetings in the New Year
Has anyone taken the lead on this fish extender group?
Everyone is so excited.
Best wishes as we thaw out in the south
mom4mybunch

No one has taken the lead for these yet. But we are very interested...

Hey everyone! My family is booked for this cruise too. We are from Arizona and excited about some cold weather. Out twins will be close to 3 1/2. I’m hoping more people with kids close to our age join here! We are interested in fish extender too. This is our first Disney Cruise!

Hey everyone! My family is booked for this cruise too. We are from Arizona and excited about some cold weather. Out twins will be close to 3 1/2. I’m hoping more people with kids close to our age join here! We are interested in fish extender too. This is our first Disney Cruise!

Welcome aboard !! We're from New Mexico and enjoy not only the cooler weather but the greenery, waterfalls, and RAIN we experience in Alaska. Hard to explain to others why standing outside in a gentle rain shower is a novel experience unless you live in the southwest. So pack the raincoat and umbrella, if you can find them.

Hi All, booking this cruise tomorrow 5-16-17. This will be our 5th Disney cruise! Looking forward to meeting all you and seeing Alaska.

Any words of wisdom for the September cruise? This is our second cruise to Alaska on the Wonder. The first time was at the beginning of the season May/June.

HI Everyone,
My daughter helped me today to start a Facebook page for a fish extender group on this Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska Departing Sept 3, and though we have 177 days to go, I am excited!
I am also learning how to do this so it is a new adventure for me to organize an FE group but if you are game and would like to join, please email me, at Mom4mybunch@gmail.com
As with other FE groups I have joined, I will limit it to 20 people and then ......start a second group.
Once I have your information I will send you the link to join the facebook page
Look forward to hearing from people.
Mom4mybunch

HI Everyone,
My daughter helped me today to start a Facebook page for a fish extender group on this Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska Departing Sept 3, and though we have 177 days to go, I am excited!
I am also learning how to do this so it is a new adventure for me to organize an FE group but if you are game and would like to join, please email me, at Mom4mybunch@gmail.com
As with other FE groups I have joined, I will limit it to 20 people and then ......start a second group.
Once I have your information I will send you the link to join the facebook page
Look forward to hearing from people.
Mom4mybunch

This is wonderful! I am emailing you now. Thanks,

I finally convinced my wife to do an Alaskan cruise after becoming bored with east/west/Bahamas. We have done other "unique" cruises but it has been awhile.

It will be just us (Kevin & Lisa); our daughter is an adult and won't be joining us. We live in Orlando, FL.

"So funny that we will be taking heavy jackets on a cruise" is right! We were on the first Mexican Riviera out of L.A. after the Alaskan season and it was weird to see the blanket carts on deck.

Hope everyone enjoys the planning! We are visiting friends in Seattle so our planning is more intense as we plan to fly into Seattle and use ground transportation to Vancouver. Most likely the train.
If anyone has hotel tips for Vancouver I would love to hear them. We may be able to arrange a pre-cruise meet up the night before.

At least we crossed in the 400s for days left- 500 was daunting. I am sure we will do something before; we have a placeholder itching for a booking :-)

Hey do you all what to join the FE group one is started let me know at mom4mybunch@gmail.com

Hello Everyone, my DH and I are getting excited for another cruise to Alaska. This is our second time on the Disney Wonder to see this beautiful part of our country. We're Castaway Gold so only 32 more days until we can start reserving our Palo reservation and shore excursions.

HI
It is great that our Alaska cruise is getting closer,
Some people have joined the Fish Extender group so if any one else would like to join in there is room!
On past cruises the FE group has made each day an adventure, and the kindness people have shown has been heartwarming.
Think about it and please email me at Mom4mybunch@gmail.com
Here's to grand adventure to Alaska
Mom4mybunch!

Hello fellow cruisers. What’s the best, cheapest, way to get from the port to the airport on debarkation day?

Hello fellow cruisers. What’s the best, cheapest, way to get from the port to the airport on debarkation day?
If you are able to manage your luggage, the skytrain is the best option, IMO. About half an hour from Waterfront Station to YVR on the Canada Line. I think the cost will be about $5 per person. My husband and I will be taking the skytrain as well to try and keep costs down and well, just for the fun of it! We will be heading the same direction but heading out to the ferry terminal to return to Vancouver Island. Check out the website: https://tripplanning.translink.ca/

I agree with Mmmwaffles, we have always used the skytrain to and from the airport (YVR). Remember the fares quoted are in Canadian dollars. Last time we were there it was about $10 Canadian per adult. Fast, clean and on time.

HI
If you email me at mom4mybunch@gmail.com I will sign you up for the fish extender group.
There will be all ages involved and it will bring a smile to your face the fun silly things you receive, they add to magic of a Disney cruise.
Take care
Mom4mybunch

If you are able to manage your luggage, the skytrain is the best option, IMO. About half an hour from Waterfront Station to YVR on the Canada Line. I think the cost will be about $5 per person. My husband and I will be taking the skytrain as well to try and keep costs down and well, just for the fun of it! We will be heading the same direction but heading out to the ferry terminal to return to Vancouver Island. Check out the website: https://tripplanning.translink.ca/

Thank you for the information about the skytrain. It helped us out a bunch.
Take care
Mom4mybunch

Hi Everyone,
As our Alaskan cruise gets closer, some people were able to sign up for things today, and in a few more days more people will joining in the fun.
Don't forget to join our fish extender group, there are still a few more slots available. If this is your first cruise, it is a fun event, like a secret santa.
You get a list and you find something you would like to share, something Disney, or Disney Cruise line. You can make something, decal something, buy something, you get the idea. It is a fun way to meet people, to share your excitment about being on a Disney cruise, and I have to admit, I have smiled each time there is something at our cabin door, it makes the magic of Disney really sparkle!
Email at mom4mybunch#gmail.com and I will email you back confirmation!

Hey everyone, we're in the double-digits (99 days) until the cruise. How is the on-line check in going so far? Any excursions or tastings filled up yet?

Hi Everyone,
We are wading through puddles as the SE gets new storms today through Sat.
I hope everyone has been able to check in and get an excursion, we were able to get the ones we wanted, and a Palo Brunch which is a delightful experience.
I trying not to look at the countdown as this is the hardest part 99 and below.
Just hard being patience for this great experience.
Still hoping a few more of you will join of Fish Exteneder group...
The responses so far have been fun filled, and i know this will be a nice way to gather stuff you never thought you needed, but will always remember from you cruise I have some lovely magnets with a K on them, princesses, I have cups, a game or two, mug wrappers and buttons, one person even gave pins so people could trade them...it is all amazing.
When we were on the Dream in APril, I did not sign up for an FE group it is was 4 day deal, but things were left on my door, and it just made me smile and laugh a little more. Baymax band-aid kits, which have been a hoot at school. I white backpack with the dream logo...it was fun.

As we think about Alaska, think about the fun you could share ...the neat surprises you could make or buy..the glee you will give someone else....
email me at mom4mybunch@gmail. com (yes there are a bunch but they have grown up and well, I miss them)

Cheers on this soggy Wednesday
Mom4mybunch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter