September 9, 2018 WBTA - Dover to New York

How did they handle the B2B passengers, were you sent off and re-board or did they handle it on the ship morning of and night before. We have only done B2B in U.S. ports where you have to re-enter but have heard from some that UK ports may not require that.
The Transatlantic is not a typical B2B as the British Isle cruise ends on the 8th and the WBTA starts on the 9th . You will need to spend a night in a near by hotel for the night of the 8th then reboard on the 9th.

Last edited:
?

Hey, y’all! Traveling with DH, celebrating our 30th anniversary. This will be our platinum cruise (finally!). We’ll be in London the week before; first time for both of us.

Si C, we are doing Stonehenge the week befor, so will probably just stay in town. Fish & chips are definitely of interest to DH. What else can be done in the area? We’re not shoppers, really.

There's a sealife centre if that's your kind of thing, there's a marina, mini golf, some nice gardens etc, there's also "sandworld" which actually looks quite cool: http://www.sandworld.co.uk/

Depends what you're into really!

Personally we're going to use this port as our supply stop, there's plenty of supermarkets nearby to stock up the room.

The Transatlantic is not a typical B2B as the British Isle cruise ends on the 8th and the WBTA starts on the 9th . You will need to spend a night in a near by hotel for the night of the 8th then reboard on the 9th.

The British Isles cruise is 7 nights departing on Sep 2. It ends on Sep 9, so there's no gap.

Haven't been on here in a while. Has anybody booked their hotels in London yet? Still pondering myself.
Still seems so far away......Are there typically hotels that Disney uses that we can get transport to Dover??
Thanks

Haven't been on here in a while. Has anybody booked their hotels in London yet? Still pondering myself.
Still seems so far away......Are there typically hotels that Disney uses that we can get transport to Dover??
Thanks
We booked the Premier Inn Victoria station. DCL is offering transportation from the Doubletree Hilton at Victoria for $60/person. You don't have to book a hotel through Disney to get on this transportation, the pick up is called London City Centre to Port. I have heard some people have been told it is not available when they call, but if you ask them to check with a supervisor they will confirm it. Our TA booked ours so I can't say if it was an issue or not for her :)

I was looking at the itinerary for this cruise. I noticed it said Belfast and not Cork. When I click on Belfast I get stitch. Did they change the itinerary or is that a glitch? I noticed the excursions for Cork disappeared a while ago.

Well nevermind now it says Cobh again. So Weird. Maybe they were working on next years and it's going to Belfast. Disney's websites can get really strange sometimes.

We booked the Premier Inn Victoria station. DCL is offering transportation from the Doubletree Hilton at Victoria for $60/person. You don't have to book a hotel through Disney to get on this transportation, the pick up is called London City Centre to Port. I have heard some people have been told it is not available when they call, but if you ask them to check with a supervisor they will confirm it. Our TA booked ours so I can't say if it was an issue or not for her :)

So did we. I think a number of us are stressing at the Premier Inn.

Thanks, look like I should get right on that this weekend

Are they offering the Double tree Hilton as a hotel or are they just picking up there?

Are they offering the Double tree Hilton as a hotel or are they just picking up there?
I called DCL on 02/22/2018. The JW Marriott-Grosvenor House and the Hyatt Regency-Churchill are the 2 partner Hotels for DCL that will transport you to Dover if you stay there.
The Doubletree Hilton-Victoria is the pick-up point for everyone else staying at other hotels. I did not book yet but he said there would be plenty of time.
By the way he quoted me Disney prices for those 2 Partner hotels(around $585 to $650 per night!!) and I think I can get those hotels much cheaper on my own...typical Disney!

Last edited:
I called DCL on 02/22/2018. The JW Marriott-Grosvenor House and the Hyatt Regency-Churchill are the 2 partner Hotels for DCL that will transport you to Dover if you stay there.
The Doubletree Hilton-Victoria is the pick-up point for everyone else staying at other hotels. I did not book yet but he said there would be plenty of time.
By the way he quoted me Disney prices for those 2 Partner hotels(around $585 to $650 per night!!) and I think I can get those hotels much cheaper on my own...typical Disney!
I was quoted 700 for the Grosvenor. Thanks for the info I'll check out the Double tree prices. I know transfers can be booked as late as 3 days before. Are you taking the bus to Victoria?

FYI
For the heck of it, I checked the Hyatt Regency website and found a price of $417.00 for a queen bed Senior Citizen rate or $444.00 for a king Senior room rate at the Hyatt Regency-Churchill for each night for 3 nights.The senior rate is refundable, but if you go for the AAA rate, it is non-refundable.
Certainly cheaper than what Disney quoted.

I also checked JW Marriot- Grosvenor House website and the cheapest rate was (approx)495.00 per night Senior discount. I checked Doubletree and it was cheaper but not sure if I checked the discount rate. It is by Victoria Station, closer to Buckingham Palace but farther from shops and theatre.

I was looking at the itinerary for this cruise. I noticed it said Belfast and not Cork. When I click on Belfast I get stitch. Did they change the itinerary or is that a glitch? I noticed the excursions for Cork disappeared a while ago.
The British Isles cruise is going to Belfast next year. I bet the brief moment when I saw Belfast instead of Dublin it was next years WBTA being worked on.

I know this is off-topic sort of, but I am thinking about Summer 2019 cruises and wondering if I should do the 7 or 8 day Barcelona
back to Barcelona cruise. Spain is one of the only countries I have yet to visit, so this sounded appealing. Any thoughts?? How is Barcelona for touring?

Did it! I put a deposit down on the 7 day Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona for May 25,2019!! My only problem is once again I will be sailing on the Magic. I was kind of hoping I could experience another ship...though I am not complaining!

Did it! I put a deposit down on the 7 day Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona for May 25,2019!! My only problem is once again I will be sailing on the Magic. I was kind of hoping I could experience another ship...though I am not complaining!
We booked the Northern Europe cruise on August 18, it will be our 4th cruise on Magic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!