September "New Beginnings" Exercise Thread

+160 minutes.

35 from walking on my lunch on Friday and 65 from walking around Kings Island on Saturday AND 60 minutes taking a Pokemon GO! walk with my brother on Sunday.
600/600.

Whew, somehow I made it to goal! This month has been crazy for me so far. A little over a week ago, my car gave out. And today I bought a new one. I have never purchased a car before so I have been jittery all day!!

Love all the new beginnings we're learning about. I can't believe Blizzard Beach is almost as old as I am!

Good morning, everyone!! We have color changes:

I have reached Promising Pink
, and Elizabeth Smith has jumped all the way to Got There Green!!!! :rainbow:

And we're up to April 22nd, 1998 - the opening of Animal Kingdom!!

animal-kingdom-twenty-three-Graphic.jpg

Note: I haven't watched this one all the way through (in a rush this morning):

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite thing about Animal Kingdom?

It has been a busy few days for me. Sunday I got a ton of minutes. DD lost her horse back riding pants and I tore the house apart looking for them. Then would take a break and go for a walk because I just needed to get out of the house because i was just so mad. It was a time that I could settle myself before losing it with both kids. We still have not found the pants either.

Thursday - 15
Friday - 10
Saturday - 44
Sunday - 165
Monday - 17

Total -- 1158/1350

80 minutes since last check in

1405/1500

We've never been to Celebration, either, but I loved reading about it.

If I could go back in time, I'd love to attend the opening of Animal Kingdom. You know, while I'm at it, I'll just stop in at each park's opening!

Greetings from the Happiest (and hottest!) Place on Earth!!!
92 degrees with a real feel of 102! Ugh!
But we walked in Epcot from BC to International G ateway through France to Italy and back, so I’ll count 40 minutes there. Add in 20 the airport. So, a total of 60 for yesterday.
Totaling 500/900. I’m betting I get really close to my goal!
I’m late chiming I’m on Animal Kingdom, but my favorites are FoP - best ride ever, Kilamanjaro Safari, and Festival of the Lion King. Can’t pick just one!

Last edited:
25 minutes for me, 525/600.

Team total is 5,463 (either 63% or 86%, depending on whether we hear from Daddys Princess.)

And BonnieF has reached Possibilities Purple!! :rainbow:

@BonnieF, enjoy racking up those Disney walking minutes!

Our new beginning for today is Disney's California Adventure park, which opened Feb 8th, 2001.

Here's the old TV special promoting the park:
(If you miss the old Soarin', it's about 19 minutes in.)

Or, if you'd rather read:
https://visitanaheim.org/blog/history-of-disney-california-adventure

And a link to the newest "new beginning" at DCA:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/destinations/disney-california-adventure/pixar-pier/

Last edited:
70 minutes yesterday (570/900). At times in Epcot it felt as if we were crossing the Sahara! Crossing from Soarin' to the Festival tent was like being in an oven. Not looking forward to AK this afternoon. But we're spending the morning at my favorite pool, Stormalong Bay, so I'll try for some time swimming for a change.

70 minutes since last check in

1475/1500

I forgot to answer the question of the day for AK. My favorite thing is riding Everest with my daughter. It's her favorite ride, was her first coaster ever, and brings her so much joy. I love experiencing that with her. (for the record, FOP is my favorite ride in AK, but nothing compares to seeing my girl have that much fun on Everest)

Thanks for the head's up on old Soarin', PollyannaMom! I will check that out. : )

Good morning, all, and happy Saturday!!

No new minutes for me, but congrats to piglet1979, who has reached Rolling Along Red!! :rainbow:

The team is 825 minutes from pink (or 52 minutes from red with alternate goal)

and our new beginning for today is Tokyo DisneySea, which opened on September 4, 2001 -

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tds/

...After plans for a second theme park were first announced in 1988, it took almost ten years before its general description and the name “Tokyo DisneySea” were finally made public in 1997. Initially under consideration was a theme park similar to the Disney-MGM Studios, which opened in Florida in 1989, to be called “Disney Hollywood Studio Theme Park at Tokyo Disneyland.” Although things seemed to be progressing smoothly under this plan, the concept came under reconsideration in 1991. After further consideration, a new theme based on the idea of the “seven seas” was born in 1992. This became the basis of what we know of today as Tokyo DisneySea Park.

In developing a second theme park, we were searching for a plan that would “create a new market by providing a completely different experience from Tokyo Disneyland” and that “is suited to the Japanese people, making them want to return to it again and again.” With this objective, we began to “set sail” toward the creation of a Disney park themed to the sea. Upon further negotiations, ideas for this second theme park gradually began to emerge in more detail.

These negotiations at times raised issues on the cultural differences between Japan and the United States. For example, in determining the symbol of Tokyo DisneySea, Disney initially suggested the idea of a lighthouse. This is because for most Americans, a lighthouse is associated with positive images of homecoming, serving as a beacon of a safe return for the adventurous seafarers. But for the Japanese, a lighthouse brings up images of melancholy and loneliness, and so, Oriental Land did not believe this would be an appropriate symbol for a Disney theme park. Because of this inherent difference, both sides struggled to find a point of agreement. However, even in these key cultural issues, the two parties were able to continue a passionate yet constructive dialogue. And ultimately, the parties were able to draw forth a new symbol that showcases the Earth as the “water planet” befitting a theme park themed to the sea, in what was ultimately called the AquaSphere. This AquaSphere currently stands at the entrance of Tokyo DisneySea, giving Guests a taste of the adventures awaiting them, and drawing them into the vast “sea” of excitement in this unique Park...

Tokyo DisneySea opened its gates at 8:00 a.m. on September 4, 2001, and a Grand Opening Ceremony was held at Mediterranean Harbor, the central area of the Park, attended by many Guests. Like the opening day of Tokyo Disneyland 18 years before, this was another rainy opening day, but when Mr. Kagami, Mr. Eisner and Mr. Roy Disney (President of Oriental Land, Chairman of The Walt Disney Company, Vice Chairman of The Walt Disney Company respectively, at the time) made the opening declaration from aboard their barge, the rain momentarily stopped and sunlight appeared from among the clouds as if the sky was also celebrating this dream-come-true moment.

(text from - http://www.olc.co.jp/en/company/history/history05.html)

:cheer2: And we are still looking for an October host. :cheer2: The new month starts Monday! :cheer2:

Last edited:
Adding 50 minutes Friday, some swimming along in the pool, some walking in DS
140 today - a full turn around the World Showcase, and up to the Festival tent, a quick trip to AK for FoP, and back to Epcot! So 760/900 total. I’ll really push tomorrow to make my goal!

Finally got a good day for walking, and made up some time. 65 new minutes for me, for 590/600.

We have several color changes throughout the team. Besides me (PollyannaMom), congrats to sophy1996, and BonnieF!! :rainbow:

Our team has exercised over 6,000 minutes now!!!!

And our new beginning for today is the acquisition of Pixar in 2006.

Here is the full story:
https://www.pixar.com/our-story-1/#our-story-main

:teacher:?
What's your favorite Pixar movie?

Mine is Inside Out.

155 minutes yesterday - some horses, some walking, some weights

1630/1500

My favorite Pixar film is Up, but Inside Out is a close second.

Unless someone who hasn't yet had a chance to host would like to take October, I will do it. And just in case the themes are holding anyone back from hosting, please know you don't have to have one. They're often fun to do and I always learn a lot when I use one, but they aren't a must. All that is truly needed is someone to track the minutes and keep us updated with color changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!