September Trip 2020 – four Guinea Pigs looking for a good time

Ben@M1CK3Y

Earning My Ears
Hello everybody!

This is my first thread in the DIS, so I´m really excited to share our hopes, expectations but also plans & strategies with you!
As shown in the thread title, we are a party of 4 friends in there late 20s / early 30s. Given the current situation we see it a bit as a Guinea Pig test trail, but I guess we wont be the first ones to enter the parks (I hope).

This trip was already planned since months, so when the whole COVID-19 situation came up, we met in order to clarify our expectations.
The result was that we are fine if the attractions (rides) are mostly open. We do not need parades, fireworks, water parks or character meet & greets to have a good time. But for sure we are more than happy if some of these things will be available.
Also its no problem for us to wear a stylish Mickey face mask ::MickeyMo

So in the moment we go forward with our planning.

Concerning the tickets we were debating base tickets (the Promo ticket, which isn’t available anymore) and now are seriously looking into the 14 day UK/Ireland offers. As I am European Citizen, I am able to buy them. The travel plan below is still based on base tickets. For us the UK ticket would give us the extra to hit the parks for a few hours at the Resort days i.e. for Food and Wine (if that will happen).

Our travel Plan:

We are new DVC members, so we want to try out as many resorts as possible (without moving every day :P)

For our theme park planning we like to have a clear rope drop strategy, as we love to do a lot of rides in the morning. I will update the final thoughts on that as soon as we got our FPs booked.

For our stay at Copper Creek we will get the Quick-Service Dining Plan as we will hit our expensive “must dos” as Be our guest for the early breakfast rope drop strategy or our beloved polite pig.
As we are not doing ADRs (besides Be our Guest) we are not planning our meals.
We want to stay flexible and – if needed - try to get lucky with a last minute ADR. In general we are more “Quick service” folks, so it shouldn’t matter too much.

At the end of our trip we also plan 2 nights @ Universal, as we also love their attractions, especially the HP rides.

We are planning some resort days as our last trips were always short and involved no time to relax (and sleep) at all. This should change this time.

Here our rough planning in a comprehensive overview.

DayHotelPark to VisitPlanned FPs
11th of Sept.CCVArrival day, so no Park plannednone
12th of Sept.CCVMK rope drop with early breakfast @ be our guestSpace Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash
13th of Sept.BWVResort daynone
14th of Sept.BWVHSS Rope Drop for ROTRSDD, RR, ToT
15th of Sept.BWVEpcot Rope Drop Testtrack & SoarinFrozen, Mission Space, Spaceship earth (if open)
16th of Sept.AKLResort daynone
17th of Sept.AKLAK Rope Drop Rite of PassageRite of Passage, Everest, Dinosaur
18th of Sept.Dockside InnIOANA
19th of Sept.Dockside InnUSNA
20th of Sept.Departure day

If we decide to get the 14 day Parkhopper (same price as 7 day, just if you might be curious what we are doing with a 14 day ticket) I would book FPs for all days, trying to get some highlights more than once.

I am happy if you share your thoughts on our plan! Any ideas to improve it?

I am hoping to be there around the same time -Sept 13th - 19th - WL- solo. Just taking a wait and see approach and have a back up early Dec trip booked . Hopefully , we will all be there in Sept .
Following along. Looking forward to reading more.

We also have a back-up plan going in January. But I hope this trip will work as planned in September. Will keep you posted ;)

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!