Sequoia Lodge FAQ & Information Thread

we stayed in the Golden Forest room and it was great, the breakfast in the lounge was really nice and characters interaction was great, would really recommend for everyone especially with kids as each character spend lots of time with everyone...free drinks and tea cakes were also very good... we had some problems with heating but it was fixed so nothing to worry really...

the hot option at breakfast (we had scramble eggs and one plate was enough for all 3 of us) as well as some cakes from GF lounge, there we few more to choose

69a83287b7e6f78af1d8565b6f638ed.jpg

I'm staying in a Golden Forest room in June and that allows me a special Hotel Fastpass. Do I have to pick up the fast pass every morning or are we given all of them for the whole stay when we check in?

I'm staying in a Golden Forest room in June and that allows me a special Hotel Fastpass. Do I have to pick up the fast pass every morning or are we given all of them for the whole stay when we check in?

You get a fast pass for each day and will be dated, you get them all when you check in

Can anyone who's been since Nov 2014 advise on a few Golden Forest things for me please?

Are there now hot items in the breakfast? If so, what are they?

Other than the quieter dining room, the free drink and cake in the afternoon, and the VIP fast passes, is there anything else I'm missing? (Feeding back to a friend!!) Any difference in the rooms themselves? Any other perks?

Thanks!

C x

I stayed in Sequoia Lodge December 24 to December 27 2013.

The hotel public areas are on two different levels.

If you are arriving from the train station and walking through Disney Village you will enter the hotel through the lakeside entrance. This is the restaurant level. You will then need to go up to the next level either by stairs or lift to the main lobby.

If you arrive via shuttle bus or car you will enter the hotel at the main lobby entrance.

We were in one of the five lodges. The lodges are about a 5 minute walk down a path from the main reception area. When it rains, this path gathers alot of water in big puddles. The hotel is surrounded by huge pine trees and when walking from the lodges to the main building there is a lovely forest atmosphere.

In the dark it can be hard to find your way to the lodges both from the hotel reception and when walking the side path. The walk from Sierra lodge to Disneyland Hotel / park entrance took me about 15 minutes on my own, fast walking. It would take a bit longer with children.

When walking to the lodges from Disney Village, you need to take the path by the side of bridge, not continue to the front of the hotel.

There is a small shop in the main lobby area. It sells a small selection of merchandise, snacks, drinks etc. This is where you collect your bags if you use the Disney Shopping Service in the park before 3 pm.

The bar has a big open fire and is very homely and warm.

At breakfast time go down the stairs from the main lobby. There are two breakfast rooms, one each side of the stairs. Hand over your breakfast voucher to the CM at the host stand and you will be brought to your table.At busy times the line can reach up the stairs. The breakfast is typical continental buffet, plenty of croissants, bread, good selection of cereals, cold meats, tea/ coffee and juice. When I stayed there in 2013, there were character meet and greets during breakfast time ,in the main lobby area. Currently (September 2015) this no longer happens. The characters have been moved to Main Street in the park during EMH.

The rooms are Bambi themed and there is free WiFi in both the public areas of the hotel and in all the rooms. There are 2 double beds, a good sized table with 2 chairs and a chest of drawers where the TV is. The bathroom area is divided in 2. The shower and toilet are together. The sink area is outside the door, and there is a safe and suitcase bench. There is a retractable clothes line over the bath / shower.

When checking in we were given 1 hotel Easypass. This we needed to show for EMH and for access to to the pool area. We asked for a second one, as one day I went to EMH and my my mum wanted to use the pool.

The pool is in a separate building at the back of the hotel, It is accessed from the paths leading to the lodges.

There is a free left luggage room near the entrance on the carpark / bus pick up area

Last edited:
We found a good deal with Travel Republic and decided to treat oursevles to a Golden Forest Club Room.

Upon your arrival you can check in a separate room, we had to wait a while as there was a family inside and just one receptionist there, our room was not ready but our luggage was took in a charge to be delivered straight there when ready.

We got our easypass and one hotel fastpass per person for each day of our stay - it is valid just for one attraction so choose it carefully lol

As we have AP's with a blackout date on saturday Dec 10 we had already made up our mind about going to Paris town thta day but we were told that as guests of a Disney Hotel blackout dates did not apply..have to say we did not try our luck anyway.

The room was exactly the same kind of the one we had had some years ago (before Golden Forest Club rooms came out), the good bit is the dedicated breakfast room with cooked bits included, we never used the afternoon snacks as we were in the parks but TBO i can't see any other difference with a *normal* room so i am not so sure it is worth the extra money you pay...

We found a good deal with Travel Republic and decided to treat oursevles to a Golden Forest Club Room.

Upon your arrival you can check in a separate room, we had to wait a while as there was a family inside and just one receptionist there, our room was not ready but our luggage was took in a charge to be delivered straight there when ready.

We got our easypass and one hotel fastpass per person for each day of our stay - it is valid just for one attraction so choose it carefully lol

As we have AP's with a blackout date on saturday Dec 10 we had already made up our mind about going to Paris town thta day but we were told that as guests of a Disney Hotel blackout dates did not apply..have to say we did not try our luck anyway.

The room was exactly the same kind of the one we had had some years ago (before Golden Forest Club rooms came out), the good bit is the dedicated breakfast room with cooked bits included, we never used the afternoon snacks as we were in the parks but TBO i can't see any other difference with a *normal* room so i am not so sure it is worth the extra money you pay...

Wait, I thought that GF suites get the VIP fastpass card with unlimited use during your stay? Are there GF rooms AND GF suites?

Well i think there are even though i have not seen them...the hotel fastpass is the one we got. ..just one ride per person per day....they may give vip fastpass if you stay in a suite but tbo i don't know...

Wait, I thought that GF suites get the VIP fastpass card with unlimited use during your stay? Are there GF rooms AND GF suites?

There are GF rooms, GF lakeside rooms and GF suites. The suites get VIP unlimited fastpasses, GF rooms (lakeside and non-lakeside) get one fastpass per person per day.

There are GF rooms, GF lakeside rooms and GF suites. The suites get VIP unlimited fastpasses, GF rooms (lakeside and non-lakeside) get one fastpass per person per day.
Thank you for clarifying. I did look further into DLP website and read this. I would call to get pricing on a suite because that sounds amazing to have an unlimited fastpass. Universal Studios Florida does this for their onsite guests of their 3 original hotels. (Not the 2 budget hotels recently built.)
Sadly, though, the suites only sleep 2 guests so my family of 4 would need 2 suites. There's no way we could afford that.
So back to reality. :sad1:

Were the GF rooms a lot more than the regular rooms?

Were the GF rooms a lot more than the regular rooms?

In my opinion...they're are not really worth the extra money but for the separate breakfast room. If you are used to stay in the park all day you will not use any afternoon snack or drink....and the room are exactly the same of any other montana room.

In my opinion...they're are not really worth the extra money but for the separate breakfast room. If you are used to stay in the park all day you will not use any afternoon snack or drink....and the room are exactly the same of any other montana room.

We don't normally book "club level" at Disney World, Florida but my husband likes a hot, cooked breakfast but he is the only one. The rest of us are fine with continental breakfast. He is also a morning person and is ready to start the day very quickly. I'm thinking the club lounge with scrambled eggs, etc. would suit him perfectly while we're all still getting ready.

Planning a trip to DLP in April and I think Sequoia makes the most sense for us. (Although we live near the real Sequoia National Park and were just there, so the theming is probably not my first choice for going abroad. :oops:)

Any more recent reviews on the hotel and services? I see the pool will be down for renovation, do we know when it will be back up? (probably not a concern for us)
Also, what's the latest with breakfast? Seems like we need to get a meal plan to get breakfast included, how can we do breakfast in the park?
TIA!

<font size=8><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">Sequoia Lodge</font></marquee>
<font size=5><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">*3 stars* *Mid-Range* </font></marquee>

f484cf7d.jpg

<font size=2>Disney's Sequoia Lodge Hotel is a mid-range property situated on the banks of Lake Disney, about a 10 minute walk from the two Disneyland Resort Paris parks. The hotel is in the theme of the great national parks of Western America. The hotel features 1,011 rooms plus 9 luxury suites along with 2 restaurants and a bar.

The hotel was designed by Antoine Grumbach, a French architect with a passion for the Montana and Yellowstone Parks.</font>

SEE A SUPERB *VIDEO CLIP* OF THE EXTERIOR OF SEQUOIA LODGE BY CLICKING HERE

f484cf87.jpg

<font size=5><font color=blue>The hotel has the following facilities:</font></font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*"Quarry" Indoor & Outdoor Swimming Pool & health club*</font>
Situated in a separate lodge (just a short walk from the main building), the Sequoia Lodge swimming pool offers a fun children's slide plus a jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath and fitness room. There is an outdoor section (linked to the indoor pool) which is open during the summer months.</font>

SWIMMING POOL COMPLEX CLOSED 9th MAY to 13th MAY

SEE A 360 DEGREE TOUR OF THE QUARRY POOL BY CLICKING HERE

f484cf93.jpg

f484cf78.jpg

<font size=2><font color=red>*Free or Valet Car Parking*</font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Concierge*</font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Currency Exchange*</font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Children’s Play Corner*</font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Kit Carson's Video Games Room **</font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Northwest Passage Boutique*</font>
A great shop stocking essentials and snacks plus a whole host of Sequoia Lodge themed items. You can also get your camera film developed here.</font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Hunters Grill*</font>
Situated at the ground floor (lakeside) entrance lobby are the two restaurants. Hunters Grill is the more expensive, "fine dining" option, serving delicious carved meats at your table. You can see the evening menu here </font>

TAKE A 360 DEGREE TOUR OF HUNTERS GRILL BY CLICKING HERE

f484cf82.jpg

<font size=2><font color=red>*Beaver Creek Tavern*</font>
This restaurant is famous for its "starter and desert" buffets and serves delicious barbecue-type food. You can find the dinner menu here </font>​

f484cf76.jpg

<font size=2><font color=red>*Redwood Bar & Lounge*</font>
A relaxing bar/lounge with a glorious fireplace. Serving hot and cold drinks, the bar is situated next to the lobby of the main building.</font>

TAKE A 360 DEGREE TOUR OF THE REDWOOD BAR & LOUNGE BY CLICKING HERE

f484cf6f.jpg

Guest Rooms

<font size=2>The Guest Rooms at Sequoia Lodge come complete with natural wooden furniture and are comfortable and well equipped. When making your Sequoia Lodge reservation you can choose between a Standard or Montana room. </font>

What is the difference between a Standard and Montana room?
Montana Rooms
are situated in the Main Building -- giving easy access to the hotel facilities. Furthermore, they also have a minibar.
Standard Rooms are located in one of the hotel lodges. They do not come with a minibar.

The two room types come with all the same facilties (except minibar) and are of the same decor standard and size.

TIP - During off-peak season many people get upgraded free-of-charge from a Standard to Montana room. Always make sure you ask if an upgrade is available when checking-in!

<font size=4><font color=blue>Room Facilities include:</font></font>

<font size=2>•One or Two Double Beds
•Television with international channels, including The Disney Channel for children.
•Telephone
•Radio
•Air-Conditioning
•Mini Bar (Montana Rooms only)
•Hairdryer (upon request)
•A safety deposit is available at the reception
•Single sink bathroom</font>

FOR AN EXTRA SUPPLEMENT, LAKE VIEW ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE

TAKE A 360 DEGREE TOUR OF THE SEQUOIA LODGE STANDARD ROOMS HERE

Plan of standard rooms -
f484cf73.jpg

<font size=2>Standard Rooms overlook the woodlands, paths or car parking of the hotel. However, occasionally you may be lucky and get a standard room with a "partial" lake view.</font>

f484cf95.jpg

Breakfast
<font size=2>All Sequoia Lodge Hotel packages include breakfast. Breakfast is taken at one of the two hotel restaurant each morning. Upon checking-in you will be asked to pre-book your breakfast seating times. This allows the hotel to try and ensure that the whole 1,011 room occupancy does not arrive for breakfast at the same time. However, many people still find the breakfast experience extremely busy and very crowded. It may be best to avoid the most popular times (8am-9am) or take advantage of the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast option. This is available for no supplement, but must be reserved in advance.

What is "Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast"?
Guests staying at Disney's Newport Bay Club/Sequoia Lodge/Hotel Cheyenne/Hotel Santa Fe have the option to enter the Disneyland Park one hour before the "official" opening time to enjoy breakfast within the park. This scheme was set up to help reduce the crowding at the hotel restaurants around breakfast time. This choice allows you to enjoy breakfast within one of the Disneyland Park restaurants. As mentioned before, this should be booked in advance, costs no additional fee and is subject to availability. No Disney characters attend the "Good Morning Fantasyland" breakfast.

Suites
Sequoia Lodge has 9 suites, and each comes with the exclusive "VIP FASTPASS" benefits, allowing you to make use of the fastpass facility on attractions in the parks (unlimited). PLEASE NOTE: Sequoia Lodge suites do not come with room service. Honeymoon suites are available for a supplement, with lake views.

f484cf8d.jpg

Arrival/Departure procedures

Rooms are ready at 3pm on the day of arrival, but if you arrive earlier than this time you can drop off your luggage at the baggage desk and collect your park passes for entry in to the park. An optional Sequoia Lodge Charge Card is available, which allows you to charge gifts, meals, etc. all to your room account. Express check-out is also available. The Sequoia Lodge identity card gives you access to the hotel swimming pool, breakfast and facilities. On the day of departure your room should be vacated by 11am. However, call the front desk if you plan on staying a little longer - usually it is not a problem if you let them know in advance.

f484cf6d.jpg

<font size=4><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate"><font color=red>If you have any questions or comments regarding The Sequoia Lodge Hotel, then please post them here!</font></marquee></font>

Thank-You to The Tech Board for their help!

FURTHER RESOURCES -

Here is an update report from 2018 if anyone is interested....

Just returned from DL Paris, July 31-Aug 3. 3 nights, 2 full days in parks. Stayed at Sequoia Lodge:

Arrived via train from Paris late afternoon on July 31 and checkin went smoothly. 2 Families, each with 2 Adults, 2 Teens. As DVC owners, VWL, we were unfortunately disappointed in the hotel rooms at the Sequoia Lodge and some areas of the facility. Word of caution to DVCers staying at Disney hotels at DL Paris- it is NOT DVC standard, size or amenities. We stayed at one of the lodges, not the main building, and the room was small, tight quarters, 2 double beds, outdated decor, reminiscent of a 1970s New Hampshire motel/hotel. The pool area was small and unkempt. We Literally had to climb over a pile of dirty towels to get into the locker room to get to the pool. Definitely not Disney standard. The locks on the room doors were literally coming out of the wall when you in put your room key in the slot and then pull it out to open the door. Worst of all, the air conditioner was not effective at all. Despite it runnnng and appearing to be set at a reasonably cool temperature, it was not cool at all! Unfortunately, the temps were in the 30s Celsius so it was hot.

BTW, We had 2 separate keys from the hotel; a room key and a charging key - this one never worked despite going back to main desk twice to get them reprogrammed. Then we had a park pass and FPs to carry around so they definitely need to upgrade to the Magic Bands!

The staff was friendly and the grounds were reasonably clean (except pool locker room) - although trash not emptied or cleanup immediately as in WDW. We did not eat at a restaurant at the hotel so cannot comment in that area.

So, caution to all DVC owners - we are spoiled by WDW DVC hotels!

Parks:
We were pleasantly surprised with the parks - the rides especially for the teens! Hyperspace Mountain was awesome - better than Space Mountain. Big Thunder was longer and more thrilling. The Indiana Jones ride was cool, thrilling but short. Haunted Mansion was closed - bummer. There were a lot of closures though. Hyperspace was closed at least 6 different times over the 2 days and Indy and Big Thunder were closed at the 10a opening. They did reopen later that day. The lines were average - 30-60 mins for the big ones without FP. Most people know the FP are still the old version - go to the ride with your park ticket and put in FP machine to receive a ticket FP.

We ate at at Capt. Jack’s at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and enjoy the atmosphere, service and meal. The rest of our meals were quick service in the parks.

At Studios, we also had a pleasant experience. The rides again were terrific, especially the Crush ride - which for some unexplainable reason, did not offer a Fast Pass. Ratatouille was fun, a motion type ride. The little food areas and sitting areas were very cute and enjoyable. Tower of T and Rock n Rollarcoaster were awesome as usual.

The staff at both parks were friendly and helpful although it did not seem like that there as many cast members as we nornmally see in WDW. The parks were still clean and not lacking anything.

Disney Village:
We had to walk through Disney Village from our hotel to the parks. Much smaller that at WDW. We ate at Annette’s Diner on our arrival day which was both very disappointing and expensive. We ended up resorting to Five Guys and Starbucks at Disney Village. The World of Disney Store did accept our DVC membership card and gave us a 25% discount which was huge. The emporium did not accept the card.

Overall, our Disneyland Paris stop (between our Paris and London stops) served its purpose as a new, fun break from the typical sightseeing of Paris and London for our children’s first trip abroad. However, it Is definitely worth noting that the Disneyland Hotels (at least the Sequoia Lodge) are sub par and not reflective of our DVC experiences in Florida.

Hello everyone! I'm making my first trek to DLP in March. I was a bit confused on Sequoia Lodge dining. Are Beaver Creek and Hunter's Grill the same thing now? I know they are physically across the lobby. But, are they both a buffet with the same food? I was confused by the DLP main site and couldn't find a lot of clarity. Thanks for any info!

Hi! We're heading to DLP and Sequoia Lodge next week! We'll be arriving late in the evening and I'm sure we'll be hungry and tired after our long transatlantic flight. Is there anywhere to eat at the Sequoia Lodge that is light and quick? I see there are 2 restaurants but we won't be wanting a heavy meal before going to sleep for the night. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!