Sequoia Lodge FAQ & Information Thread

Hi! We're heading to DLP and Sequoia Lodge next week! We'll be arriving late in the evening and I'm sure we'll be hungry and tired after our long transatlantic flight. Is there anywhere to eat at the Sequoia Lodge that is light and quick? I see there are 2 restaurants but we won't be wanting a heavy meal before going to sleep for the night. Thanks!
Define 'arriving late', how late? There is the buffet restaurant at the moment last reservation time is 10:30pm. I think after that the bar & lounge is still open, but I'm not sure how much to eat they offer. If you arrive after this time, you are close to Disney Village where there is a McDonalds, which closes at midnight or 1am.

We’ll be arriving around 9pm. Maybe we’ll just grab something quick at the airport. I am a bit surprised there isn’t a quick option at the hotel (like sandwiches or salads). How long is the walk to Disney Village?

We’ll be arriving around 9pm. Maybe we’ll just grab something quick at the airport. I am a bit surprised there isn’t a quick option at the hotel (like sandwiches or salads). How long is the walk to Disney Village?
The bar serves sandwiches and a few other bits. You might also to be able to buy a few bits at the shop but I think that closes about 10.
The walk to Disney Village is about 5 minutes - you walk past Hotel New York where they also serve a few bits in the bar so could always pop in there to check as well.
In the Village you also have New York Sandwiches where they have hot dogs and other sandwiches and also Earl of Sandwich and Starbucks.

I am a bit surprised there isn’t a quick option at the hotel (like sandwiches or salads).
That's one of the biggest differences between resorts at Disney World and hotels at Disneyland Paris, there are less amenities. All hotels have a buffet restaurant or a table service and a bar, but no quick service options like in WDW. There is also not as much of a need for it, as the hotels, Disney Village and the parks are much closer together in comparison to how spread things are in WDW.

Okay, thank you all for the info! We’re looking forward to our first trip to France!

Hi! We're heading to DLP and Sequoia Lodge next week! We'll be arriving late in the evening and I'm sure we'll be hungry and tired after our long transatlantic flight. Is there anywhere to eat at the Sequoia Lodge that is light and quick? I see there are 2 restaurants but we won't be wanting a heavy meal before going to sleep for the night. Thanks!

We just got back from DLP. Our flight arrived late as well, with us not reaching Sequoia Lodge until after 11pm. We were informed that a few restaurants in Disney Village would be open until midnight. So half of our group rushed to McD, the other half to NY Sandwiches (think that was the name). Allocate at least 10 minutes to walk plus bag check. The Lounge was still open in the bar area, but we did not order food (just drinks) during our stay so I cannot vouch for their menu.

This thread has many "pages" to weed through. Is there a post with updated information on the rooms, restaurants, procedures, meal plans? I have a bunch of questions ...

DH and I are booked to stay there this October (from the 11th to the 18th). We booked using some of our DVC points, and we were told that we can't add one of the meal plans. Another source said we can add it at check-in. If that isn't the case, are we still able to have breakfast at Hunter's Grill? We ARE hotel guests, just may not be able to get the meal plan.

Should we consider making dining reservations before we get there?

We bought 4-day park tickets. Is it like at WDW where we can upgrade to an Annual Pass before we enter a park?

I'm pretty sure we have a Standard room. How can we know if there are one or two beds, or does it automatically go by how many guests there'll be? We have a king bed at home, and we're used to queens at DVC resorts and other hotels … a double bed is going to feel cramped lol! According to this post, there's no minibar in the room. I don't care so much about snacks, but DH and I would like a refrigerator. Are cube fridges available on request?

Lastly, is any tv programming in English?

This thread has many "pages" to weed through. Is there a post with updated information on the rooms, restaurants, procedures, meal plans? I have a bunch of questions ...

DH and I are booked to stay there this October (from the 11th to the 18th). We booked using some of our DVC points, and we were told that we can't add one of the meal plans. Another source said we can add it at check-in. If that isn't the case, are we still able to have breakfast at Hunter's Grill? We ARE hotel guests, just may not be able to get the meal plan.

We bought 4-day park tickets. Is it like at WDW where we can upgrade to an Annual Pass before we enter a park?

I'm pretty sure we have a Standard room. How can we know if there are one or two beds, or does it automatically go by how many guests there'll be? We have a king bed at home, and we're used to queens at DVC resorts and other hotels … a double bed is going to feel cramped lol! According to this post, there's no minibar in the room. I don't care so much about snacks, but DH and I would like a refrigerator. Are cube fridges available on request?

I'll try and answer a few of your questions.

Im certain that you cant add the meal plan at check in - Im sure it has to be done before you arrive. Not many people use DVC at DLP as its not usually cost effective so I cant answer that part of your query. Breakfast has changed so much recently that Im not certain but I thought you could add that as a separate meal plan.

When you say reservations so you mean for breakfast or other meals. If breakfast you dont make reservations but if you mean other meals yes its worth it now as more and more restaurants are becoming fully booked.

As long as you have paid for your tickets and there is a value printed on them (ie not part of a package where there is no value on them) you can update to an annual pass at any point and the cost of the ticket minus days already used will be deducted m the price of the pass. However be aware that the cheapest pass has a restriction and can not be used for day 2 or 3 after use

Most rooms have 2 double beds however there are a few which have 1 King bed instead. If you want one of these rooms you can request it but it is not guaranteed.
There are mini bars in some of the DLP rooms but they are usually locked unless you request them to be opened but they cannot be used as a fridge as if items are moved it automatically charges for that item. They do not have any fridges to request.

As far as I remember the TV programming is in French

Please remember that the hotels are just hotels and not resorts as in WDW so they do not have as many amenities

I'll try and answer a few of your questions.

Im certain that you cant add the meal plan at check in - Im sure it has to be done before you arrive. Not many people use DVC at DLP as its not usually cost effective so I cant answer that part of your query. Breakfast has changed so much recently that Im not certain but I thought you could add that as a separate meal plan.

When you say reservations so you mean for breakfast or other meals. If breakfast you dont make reservations but if you mean other meals yes its worth it now as more and more restaurants are becoming fully booked.

As long as you have paid for your tickets and there is a value printed on them (ie not part of a package where there is no value on them) you can update to an annual pass at any point and the cost of the ticket minus days already used will be deducted m the price of the pass. However be aware that the cheapest pass has a restriction and can not be used for day 2 or 3 after use

Most rooms have 2 double beds however there are a few which have 1 King bed instead. If you want one of these rooms you can request it but it is not guaranteed.
There are mini bars in some of the DLP rooms but they are usually locked unless you request them to be opened but they cannot be used as a fridge as if items are moved it automatically charges for that item. They do not have any fridges to request.

As far as I remember the TV programming is in French

Please remember that the hotels are just hotels and not resorts as in WDW so they do not have as many amenities
THANK YOU!!! For the clear answers! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read and answer my post!!

I'll add a little bit I think may have been missed by PP. :)
I believe there is a maximum for the value they subtract for a annual pass, that's why most of the time it's said it can only be done with a day ticket (with the value printed on it), I believe the maximum was 100 euro's or something, but it's not a widely known fact an a 2 day ticket is probably already more expensive, so I don't know the exact amount and most of the time it's referred to as a day ticket.

You can eat at Hunter grill without a meal plan, you can even eat there without staying in the hotel. Do make a reservation, I wanted to maybe eat there in September (Run weekend) and the Saturday was already completely booked (for a group of 4).
You can't add a meal plan at check-in, it has to be done at least 3 days before you arrive (with a normal booking), but it's not really good value (unless you get it for free) anyway, so pick where you want to eat and make reservations.

I don't believe Sequoia Lodge has standard rooms with king beds (New Port Bay does), only the suits, so all rooms have 2 queens. Also no fridge or mini bar, unless you stay club level
I don’t think we can even upgrade our room if we wanted to. (For us, using points for this trip works.)

To add what others have already said, keep in mind that sizes of beds are different in EU, what we call a double bed is not exactly the same as a double bed in the US. I would just program your mind to be cramped. If it's not cramped, then it's a positive. If you are cramped, you are prepared.

And I am quite sure there is English tv programming. Just go through the channels. I'm certain the DLP promo clips are available in several European languages and I've watched Disney junior and Elena in English as well. Not 100% sure if I watched the BBC News at a Disney hotel or if it was off site. In the parks there are a lot more French guests than non-French. At the hotels, it's more balanced as locals don't stay at the hotels most of the time. Only the French guests from the outskirts of France stay at the hotels (or special occasions) I think, therefore he hotels are well-prepared for non-French guests, including the tv programming :)

Last edited:
To add what others have already said, keep in mind that sizes of beds is different in EU, what we call a double bed is not exactly the same as a double bed in the US. I would just program your mind to be cramped. If it's not cramped, then it's a positive. If you are cramped, you are prepared.

And I am quite sure there is English tv programming. Just go through the channels. I'm certain the DLP promo clips are available in several European languages and I've watched Disney junior and Elena in English as well. Not 100% sure if I watched the BBC News at a Disney hotel or if it was off site. In the parks there are a lot more French guests is than non-French. At the hotels, it's more balanced as locals don't stay at the hotels most of the time. Only the French guests from the outskirts of France stay at the hotels (or special occasions) I think, therefore he hotels are well-prepared for non-French guests, including the tv programming :)
Good to know re. the beds (and tv, but we have smartphones … I’ll just have to make a note of all our tv app’s login info😀).

I understand that the swimming pool at the Sequoia is closed for refurbishment. Our reservation in two weeks said we would have access to another hotel’s pool. Has anyone done this? Do you know what hotel pool we’ll have access to?

I understand that the swimming pool at the Sequoia is closed for refurbishment. Our reservation in two weeks said we would have access to another hotel’s pool. Has anyone done this? Do you know what hotel pool we’ll have access to?

I cant say definitely but I would imagine that it would be Newport Bay as thats the nearest hotel with a pool. Hotel New York is closed as its going through a full refurbishment and Cheyenne and Santa Fe dont have pools.

The Newport Bay pool :)

This probably depends on where you want to eat. While our family did CS a friend was a but disgruntled that the places she wanted to eat at were booked up.

I can;t vouch for the beds as we had two rooms with two doubles each while at Sequoia Lodge, but can tell you that the standard rooms did not have a mini-fridge. The family suite that we stayed in at Newport Bay Compass Club level did not have a mini-fridge either.

With 4 kids all we watched was Disney Channel, but that was in English. As was the resort TV channel.

Good to know re. the beds (and tv, but we have smartphones … I’ll just have to make a note of all our tv app’s login info😀).

FYI, I don't think your US TV apps, such as Netflix or Amazon Prime, will work outside of the US. I was hoping to use HBO GO while I was in Europe, but it's blocked outside of the US. They can tell by your IP address.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!