Serenity Bay

dvcgirl1

Disney dreaming
Does anyone have any recent info about when DCL is planning to repair Serenity Bay? I was there in December, and it was so sad...quite the departure from it's normal beauty. I am sure that much of the resources, manpower, and equipment needed are still being used to restore the Bahamas, which will undoubtedly take precedence. However, it is Disney after all, and they seem to be able to do things other companies cant! We are going in May, and I am hoping that it looks much improved from what it looked like last month.

We just got off a 4 day cruise on the Dream. We were not able to dock on Wednesday, so they swapped our Sea day and we went to Castaway Cay on Thursday. Serenity Bay was closed because of this week’s high seas and wind. You were able to go to lunch at Serenity but you could not go on the beach or in the water. We took a peak at the beach and a lot of the sand was eroded. There was very little beach area left.

My guess is Disney has been working hard on the main part of Castaway Cay (other than Serenity Bay). I was there Xmas week and it looked just like I remembered it before this past hurricane. I expect Disney to take care of Serenity Bay soon now that the remainder of the island has been repaired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter