Seriously, how to effectively decline Magic Bands now?

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
We have plenty of Magic Bands. We reuse them for 2-3 years and have no problems getting the pics to show up in Photopass, tapping at turnstiles and FP+ scanners, etc.

So, I did online check in for our July 2019 trip and checked the "decline magic bands" and sure enough gray magic bands were waiting for us at check-in. :sad2:

I did online check-in for our August 2019 trip, checked the "decline magic bands" and I see gray magic bands will be waiting for us at check-in. :sad2:

Never had problems declining magic bands before the whole "upgraded magic band" thing happened.

What does a girl need to do to decline these things?

I was able to decline bands in July and it worked.
How?! I really have tried and I'm 0/2 in July and August. I "declined" when i did online check-in and it did not work. I have a potential stay coming up in October and need to get them declined.

Not worth the efforts anymore. My dresser draw is filled times multiple people, lol .. . I might use them as a decoration at Easter.. a linked chain ...
seriously tho, good luck!

All I did was decline in the app. I actually regretted declining right afterwards because I wasn't sure where I put our bands when we came back in December. Thankfully, I found them because it would not let me go back in and change it to get bands.

My last two resort reservations this past May I declined and still received all three bands in the mail from one reservation and two of three from the second reservation. All grey. BTW they both arrived in my mailbox the day before the scheduled check in according to my Dad who checked the mail. I was on vacation for the whole month.:sad2:

I went to do online check in today for the first time in quite a while and I see that the screens for selecting magic bands have changed. I saw there was a box to decline magic bands for the whole party, but I didn't see anything for an individual member of the party to decline. I thought they used to have that. I suppose if a person doesn't make a selection they'll just send a gray one, which we don't want.

I might be calling DVC Member Services about something else in the next couple of days, so I can ask about this too. We all have a lot more bands than we need, but one member of the party wants a new color.

How?! I really have tried and I'm 0/2 in July and August. I "declined" when i did online check-in and it did not work. I have a potential stay coming up in October and need to get them declined.
Can't you just not take them? Say no thank you at the desk?

Can't you just not take them? Say no thank you at the desk?
Well, yes, that's what I did and they took them away. But, they already printed them with our names and they show up in MDE. Even though I have declined many Magic Bands before the last "enhancement", I still have 8 in my account. It's getting to the point that it is too many and it is a well-known problem that too many magic bands and too many data points in MDE can cause problems. Just trying to be proactive. I don't want more plastic. I don't want more problems in MDE.

I've checked decline bands in the online check-in and have not received bands. So something else must have gone wrong with the check-in. When you check there, you are not merely declining personalization, but it does not seem to work all the time.

Still hoping I don't receive any gray bands for the current reservation, but it's in 9 days, so if I do it should be within a couple of days.

The other big issue now is, you must decline for the entire party. You can't get a band for one person and none for the others.

absolute craziness - :crazy2: all the cost cutting they do that kills the guest experience - and here's an easy cut - they should actually encourage people to decline them.

absolute craziness - :crazy2: all the cost cutting they do that kills the guest experience - and here's an easy cut - they should actually encourage people to decline them.

Bands, Packaging, Shipping.... offer a "band" credit of $5, to be put towards a future $10 or $15 band.

4 bands and luggage tags were waiting for me @ French Quarter. Someone kindly put the luggage tags in my room. I agree about remembering to deactivate in MDE. I don't want too many bands cluttering my account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!