Serving up some perspective and Pixie dust

I again ask the birthday girl if she has a preference for lunch. She wants a sit-down restaurant. Let’s head over to DCA and see if we can get into Carthay Circle. I know what you are all thinking. And no, we don’t have reservations. OK everyone…stop laughing. We bump into the Newsies show and watch for a bit. Then we detour around them to get to Carthay. Who do we bump into on the way? The Mayor and Constable of Hollywood. Cool bump….Those two were a hoot. If you see them, strike up a conversation. You will not be sorry.

upload_2019-4-26_13-25-28.png

Carthay is just about to open. And we find out that of course, they have no lunch reservations open, but we can sit in the bar for…. well, bar food. Will do! There is an area just to the right of the main entrance that you wait in line to be seated in the bar. It was only a few minutes after opening that we get sat inside right near the entrance door. Great place to people watch. Cheese dip and champagne for lunch? Sure, why not. I notice that I have a phone message, so I step outside to listen to it. Who would be calling and leaving a message? It’s a gentleman from the Disney Resort asking me to call him back for a “Special Moment” that they want to give mother and I tomorrow on mom’s birthday. WHAT??!?!?!

We finish up our wonderful cheesy and entertaining lunch when mom requests a nap. Back to the hotel and I return Disney Resort’s call. Well they ask when and where we will be tomorrow. I told them and they asked us to meet a cast member at the Grand Cali’s entrance to DCA at 10AM. WOOT! They didn’t tell me what it was, but boyo we were excited. After naps we head for DTD and have dinner at Naples. It was good. Minestrone soup and a chicken salad. But not great.

The rest of the evening was spent on the balcony listening to the nightly music and people watching.

Tuesday

Mother’s birthday, the third park day and the weather is holding. We were lucky in the weather department as it had been raining a lot up to our week stay.

We get to the GC entrance a bit early for our “Special Moment” meet up, so we take a bench just inside DCA to soak up some sun. After a bit I hear someone say, “Are you Amy?”. And a response of “No”. I pop up and say, “I just heard my name.” We meet the wonderful Vanessa. Who tells us that she is walking us to Toy Story. Today the Momster wanted to ride Toy Story and Soarin’. Then Toy Story and Soarin’. You get the picture. Well the Mouse knew that little fact.

After a pleasant walk-n-talk, where I inform Vanessa that just possibly the reason mom likes Toy Story is that she beat me the first few times we rode it, Vanessa asks us to wait a bit in front of the ride. She is in search of the person that is going to help us. ? After a bit she comes back with a Toy Story cast member. He proceeds to ask mom if she would be would agree to be “Sheriff of the Day”? She must read the pledge out loud, sign it and she must wear her sheriff star badge.

upload_2019-4-29_9-17-49.png

Well we won’t need a couple of those FastPasses that we received as a surprise gift yesterday. We have unlimited FP to Toy Story. WOOT!

After wishing Vanessa farewell we head to the FastPass line, and ride. Sadly, this ride is now a no-go for mom as she doesn’t like the whole cars swinging around to the next targets. Now I know that this sheriff thing would have been great for some little person. And that they would have utilized it better then us. But mom was thrilled. Frankly, so was I. It made her birthday extra special.

Hello everyone that followed along.

Yes, I dropped the ball. But for good reason. Mother took a fall and ended up in the neuroscience's ICU for a bit. Went for some rehab and we are still dealing with some issues.

But we are still kicking around.

I don't think I'll be finishing this anytime soon, but I didn't want you all wondering if we fell of the edge of the planet.

Love ya all!!!!

Yes, I dropped the ball. But for good reason. Mother took a fall and ended up in the neuroscience's ICU for a bit. Went for some rehab and we are still dealing with some issues.

I don't think I'll be finishing this anytime soon, but I didn't want you all wondering if we fell of the edge of the planet.

Love ya all!!!!
So sorry to hear about your Mother's fall. I hope the situation improves. Best wishes to the both of you!

Love ya all!!!!

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this! If you get a chance when things calm down, we would love to hear how the rest of your trip went. It was a fun one to read about! I hope your mom is feeling a little better by now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter