Setting up Lyft with a US card...

Skjhjb

DIS Veteran
Has anybody done this?

I have a US Visa through my bank, that I use for US purchases online, and for travel to the US. It can only be paid from my US bank account with the same bank (Meridian Credit Union).

I'm trying to set up our Lyft account for our upcoming California trip, but it won't accept my card. Even with the photo option, it still says I need a valid card.

Is this because I'm currently in Canada, so need to enter a Canadian card? And when we get to the US I can enter the US number?

Just a guess here

It *might* be getting mixed up with your postal code? It may be recognizing it as a US card but then trying to validate it against a Zip Code (which is all numeric) vs. our Canadian Postal codes which is a mix of numbers and letters. Kind of like when pre-paying at a gas pump in the states and it asks for zip code that it might be validating against the address on file for the card.

Maybe you can "fake it out" the same way at gas pumps in the States. For your "Postal Code" field for the card, use the 3 digits within your postal code and add two zeros. So for example, if your Postal code is A1A 1A1, you would use 11100.

Again, this is just a guess though.

For now I will enter a Canadian card for payment. And then once we hit the US I will add the US card to see if that works!

Lyft was no help, they told me to call my credit card provider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!