Seven hours in the parks Dec12th to Santa shop… Trip Completed

Geemo

DIS Veteran
I appreciate any help you can offer.

On Tuesday my flight lands SNA at 8:47am.
I should arrive at Disneyland about 9:45am and have to leave by 5pm for my flight back to PDX.

I have my list and location for most items I plan to buy.
However, there are a couple items I have no idea of where to find them.
..........Popcorn buckets - holders…. The AT-AT and the HansSolo box….
..........Where will I find these two things, providing they both are still available?

Tuesday will be interesting. I’ve made overnight trips to the parks before but never one day.

I’m so excited for Tuesday.

TIA

Geemo

I appreciate any help you can offer.

On Tuesday my flight lands SNA at 8:47am.
I should arrive at Disneyland about 9:45am and have to leave by 5pm for my flight back to PDX.

I have my list and location for most items I plan to buy.
However, there are a couple items I have no idea of where to find them.
..........Popcorn buckets - holders…. The AT-AT and the HansSolo box….
..........Where will I find these two things, providing they both are still available?

Tuesday will be interesting. I’ve made overnight trips to the parks before but never one day.

I’m so excited for Tuesday.

TIA

Geemo
The AT-AT bucket is available at the popcorn cart in Tomorrowland next to the fruit stand across from Star Traders.

And I believe Han Solo is at the Tomorrowland quick service location.

The AT-AT bucket is available at the popcorn cart in Tomorrowland next to the fruit stand across from Star Traders.

And I believe Han Solo is at the Tomorrowland quick service location.
Perfect! Thanks.

If that location is out of them is there another place to go?
G

I have only seen the Star Wars buckets in Tomorrowland. Not sure about Han Solo. There did not seem to be any shortage of those At-AT buckets as of Friday (Pluto buckets everywhere too).

Last edited:

I also only saw the AT-AT Popcorn Bucket at the stand in Tomorrowland. The Han Solo Bucket is being offered as a meal deal at the Galatic Grill (CS location in TL, where Jedi Training happens). I didn’t see the Han Solo Bucket a5 any other location.

I also only saw the AT-AT Popcorn Bucket at the stand in Tomorrowland. The Han Solo Bucket is being offered as a meal deal at the Galatic Grill (CS location in TL, where Jedi Training happens). I didn’t see the Han Solo Bucket a5 any other location.
I didn't realize the HanSolo was a meal. Thanks for the info.
Guess I'll be eating junk food for the day.
I'm bring a bag to cart these things around while I'm there.
Hope to get in a few rides too.

I have a Star Wars FAN and getting a few of these thing for Santa's bag.
Are there any other items out now that I might not know of?

It's a good excuse for a short trip. Thank goodness for a free RT flight on Alaska.
geemo

Last edited:
There is also a Captain Phasma helmet mug available at select TL locations (reminds me of a silver storm trooper helmet). I saw it at Galatic Grill and the fruit cart near the popcorn stand. I think Galatic Grill also still has the drinks with the Death Star or Millenium Falcon glow cube. I feel like I also saw the Chewie stein somewhere in TL (but tha might have been before the Phasma steins debuted).
IMG_20171128_164811_zpsph8pywar.jpg

I didn't realize the HanSolo was a meal. Thanks for the info.
Guess I'll be eating junk food for the day.
I'm bring a bag to cart these things around while I'm there.
Hope to get in a few rides too.

I have a Star Wars FAN and getting a few of these thing for Santa's bag.
Are there any other items out now that I might not know of?

It's a good excuse for a short trip. Thank goodness for a free RT flight on Alaska.
geemo
I was just there yesterday, also a day trip to get my Christmas fix (flew down from Sacramento early morning and got home at 11pm...LONG DAY!). I also have Star Wars fans in my house, lol! My guys are kinda picky, but here are some things that caught my eye:

Star Wars comics at Launch Bay
Star Tours name badges at Launch Bay
Mini-models of Millennium Falcon and AT-ATs at Launch Bay (these are snap-together models but not LEGO)
Star Wars socks at Star Trader
Christmas droid factory droids at Star Trader
Artsy line of "Cantina" items at Tomorrowlanding: buttons,little trays and nice shirts
Leather customizable bracelets at Tomorrowlanding

If you hit up those three stores above you will find pretty much ALL the Star Wars merchandise available in the parks.

Have fun!!

I was just there yesterday, also a day trip to get my Christmas fix (flew down from Sacramento early morning and got home at 11pm...LONG DAY!). I also have Star Wars fans in my house, lol! My guys are kinda picky, but here are some things that caught my eye:

Star Wars comics at Launch Bay
Mini-models of Millennium Falcon and AT-ATs at Launch Bay (these are snap-together models but not LEGO)
Star Wars socks at Star Trader
Christmas droid factory droids at Star Trader
Artsy line of "Cantina" items at Tomorrowlanding: buttons,little trays and nice shirts
Leather customizable bracelets at Tomorrowlanding

If you hit up those three stores above you will find pretty much ALL the Star Wars merchandise available in the parks.

Have fun!!
This is great information, Thanks!
My flight leave PDX at 6:25am and I arrive back to PDX at 9:21pm. PDX is a 45 minute drive, so it will be a long day for me too.
But I'm not complaining!

It's nice that my husband doesn't mind me venturing off to DLR on a whim.. He's not a Disney fan and prefers to stay home.
Weather forecast for Anaheim is 84* Tuesday. One extreme to another, it's in the low 20's right now. I'll leave my heavy coat in my car.

G

My flight leave PDX at 6:25am and I arrive back to PDX at 9:21pm. PDX is a 45 minute drive, so it will be a long day for me too.
But I'm not complaining!

It's nice that my husband doesn't mind me venturing off to DLR on a whim.. He's not a Disney fan and prefers to stay home.
Weather forecast for Anaheim is 84* Tuesday. One extreme to another, it's in the low 20's right now. I'll leave my heavy coat in my car.

G
Should be fun! And yes, definitely leave the coat behind!

I saw the Chewbacca steins at the fruit cart along with the Captain Phasma steins. But I think the Phasma one is cooler!

They also have the name badges at Star Traders! I don't know if the designs are the same, but there were ones for the new movie there (I got one with a Porg on it, but that was for APs only; there was also a BB-8 design).

They also have the name badges at Star Traders! I don't know if the designs are the same, but there were ones for the new movie there (I got one with a Porg on it, but that was for APs only; there was also a BB-8 design).
I have an AP, that's one reason I can fly down and back for the day. That and the flights are free.

Not being a real StarWars fan, I'm at a disadvantage for knowing which items are best/popular.

Thanks for the ideas. Do you have a pic of the one you got with Porg?

Geemo

I have an AP, that's one reason I can fly down and back for the day. That and the flights are free.

Not being a real StarWars fan, I'm at a disadvantage for knowing which items are best/popular.

Thanks for the ideas. Do you have a pic of the one you got with Porg?

Geemo

I am planning on going Wednesday morning for some last minute shopping (having such a hard time finding cute Disney photo frames for the grandparents!), I wish I was coming one day early and maybe we could have met!

I am planning on going Wednesday morning for some last minute shopping (having such a hard time finding cute Disney photo frames for the grandparents!), I wish I was coming one day early and maybe we could have met!
Enjoy your time shopping. Good luck finding a photo frame.
Meeting another Disboard Disney Fan would be fun.

G

But I'm not complaining!

G

I fly from PDX too, never thought of going for the day, great idea!

When I left the house Tuesday morning the temp was in the low 20's.

I arrive at the Christmas tree in DCA at 9:30am. Stayed until about 12:15pm when I hopped over to DL.
With MP I was able to ride 15 rides. Not bad for such a short trip. The park volume was light until about 2pm, when it began to build.

By 4pm it was too crowded to risk time on a ride and my Santa shopping was done, so I grabbed a taxi back to SNA.

The weather mid-day was in the 80's and so nice. No sign of smoke from the SoCal fires.

Thanks everyone!

Geemo

How did go? Did you find lots of Star Wars stuff?
With MP I was able to ride 15 rides in the short time I was there.

Plus I found everything on the list I was looking for and then some! Thank you for your help.
Santa's bag is now complete..... 2017 emotion relief.jpg

I went down with the backpack I use in the parks. Plus I had stuffed a nice sized barrel bag in the bottom of it to help carry things back. Didn't want to rely on the store plastic bags.

I'm sure the people on the plane were wondering. But I didn't exceed the carry-on limit.

G

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter