Several Disney resort restaurants are on the list for Orlando Magical Dining Month this year!

TLinden16

Scotty and Ray at Jelly Rolls are the best!
I was looking for information on this year's Magical Dining Month, and I noticed that there are several Disney resort restaurants on the list this year (including Jiko, Olivia's, and the Grand Floridian Cafe). Though I have seen Disney Springs and Swan/Dolphin restaurants on the list in the past, this is the first time I've seen Disney resort restaurants on this list in the five or so years I've known about Magical Dining Month.

You can find the information and the list of participating restaurants here:

http://www.visitorlando.com/magicaldining/

If you haven't heard of this, it is actually a great deal. I have gone to several Universal restaurants and Il Mulino at the Swan. For $35 you get a three course meal. There is a limited menu for this--usually there are 2-4 options to choose from for each course, and most restaurants don't allow substitutions. They will probably post the menus a few weeks out.

My god, that's a great deal. Hemingway's is just over at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and is excellent, my favorite WDW restaurant - Bluezoo is on the list. My labor day week trip just got crazy cheaper. BiCE is always solid as well. Thanks for pointing this out!

Thank you for posting this, just booked Jiko for my September trip :)

I also booked Sharks Underwater Grill at SeaWorld. It looks like, with a 3:00 PM reservation, I can have a nice meal followed by a couple of hours in the park.

Thank you for posting this, just booked Jiko for my September trip :)

I also booked Sharks Underwater Grill at SeaWorld. It looks like, with a 3:00 PM reservation, I can have a nice meal followed by a couple of hours in the park.
I was looking for information on this year's Magical Dining Month, and I noticed that there are several Disney resort restaurants on the list this year (including Jiko, Olivia's, and the Grand Floridian Cafe). Though I have seen Disney Springs and Swan/Dolphin restaurants on the list in the past, this is the first time I've seen Disney resort restaurants on this list in the five or so years I've known about Magical Dining Month.

You can find the information and the list of participating restaurants here:

http://www.visitorlando.com/magicaldining/

If you haven't heard of this, it is actually a great deal. I have gone to several Universal restaurants and Il Mulino at the Swan. For $35 you get a three course meal. There is a limited menu for this--usually there are 2-4 options to choose from for each course, and most restaurants don't allow substitutions. They will probably post the menus a few weeks out.

This a a great option. We don't have our TIW this year, opted out to use the AP discount instead but all of the restaurants don't have the AP discount particularly the S/D, love Il Mulino so what a great option to be able to use that. By chance was the Pappardelle part of the special menu? If not I'd still go and try something else. And since Jiko only does the 10% AP discount, curious to see what would be on their menu as well. Downloaded the app as well, will come in handy - thanks so much for posting!

This a a great option. We don't have our TIW this year, opted out to use the AP discount instead but all of the restaurants don't have the AP discount particularly the S/D, love Il Mulino so what a great option to be able to use that. By chance was the Pappardelle part of the special menu? If not I'd still go and try something else. And since Jiko only does the 10% AP discount, curious to see what would be on their menu as well. Downloaded the app as well, will come in handy - thanks so much for posting!

We went to Il Mulino a few years ago during Magical Dining Month, so I don't remember the menu, but I'm fairly certain I had a salad of some sort for the appetizer, chicken parm for dinner, and a flourless chocolate cake for dessert. I know there were several options to choose from.

The menus for the restaurants will probably be posted sometime in August, so there is plenty of time to cancel a reservation if you don't like the options on the menu.

We went to Il Mulino a few years ago during Magical Dining Month, so I don't remember the menu, but I'm fairly certain I had a salad of some sort for the appetizer, chicken parm for dinner, and a flourless chocolate cake for dessert. I know there were several options to choose from.

The menus for the restaurants will probably be posted sometime in August, so there is plenty of time to cancel a reservation if you don't like the options on the menu.

Will definitely be checking this out, it's a great option - and I would most certainly have the chick parm in lieu of the Pappardelle if there's a chocolate torte (or flourless cake) for dessert...love that, its so yummy! Honestly, I would pretty much eat almost anything on their menu!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Am I missing it or is the special menu for the special not shown for the restaurants? When I clicked on the restaurant we might be interested in and hit menu, it just showed the regular menu.

I promised my dh that when I booked the Yacht Club for a 4-day weekend for food & wine in September, I wouldn't have him running all over!! Already talked him into a morning at AK for FoP, and then since we would be in the area - Boma breakfast. :smooth: I realize that there are restaurants right next to the resort on the list, but Morimoto!!

Since it's too early for the menus to be posted by the restaurants - I did some digging.

Finally with the right combination of search terms I was able to find some of the menus for the participating Disney restaurants from 2016 - someone was asking about Il Mulino's menu from last year. I'm a really picky eater and wanted to get an idea if the trip all the way to Disney Springs might be worth the effort.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...s-new-disney-springs-restaurants/#more-153150

Thank you @TLinden16! This sounds fantastic--just like what they do in the City for Restaurant Week. You choose where and when to go and ask for this special menu. Def want to do this at Bluezoo!

I am psyched. :)

Am I missing it or is the special menu for the special not shown for the restaurants? When I clicked on the restaurant we might be interested in and hit menu, it just showed the regular menu.

The special menus won't be posted until closer to the start of the event. I'm thinking we'll probably seem them in mid-to-late August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter