~~~~ Sew, help me... A bittersweet "Epic Girls Trip"... January 2018! ~~~~ UPDATE 1/7!!~~

Oh -- here's a picture of the nativity I am getting for Christmas... My tree is decorated mostly in white, silver, and glass, with burgundy poinsettias and a very few colored ornaments (that belong to Brie and will go with her when she leaves home -- Alyssa took hers this year). I use a sheer white ribbon with a silver glitter swirl print on it, so I love that this nativity has a silver swirl pattern in it. Good_Tidings_of_Joy_Nativity_10_Piece_Set.png

I can already tell that I will be behind on replies this week... I'll try to catch up over the weekend though. ::yes::

I wanted to do a little update... BIG thanks to @kittylady1972, I was able to book all of my FPs yesterday! I even managed to get a FoP FP!!! :woohoo: I am so incredibly happy about this... I had intentionally planned our AK day to avoid Pandora all together, and just enjoy the rest of what we love about AK... Now we can throw that into the mix and I am pretty excited about it. :woohoo:

What a WONDERFUL thing for Disney and SoG to team up to allow this - it's really and truly an amazing thing - which I am so grateful for! :lovestruc I know, eventually, other resorts will be allowed this extra time to book FPs - but it was never mentioned if SoG would be able to participate, so I didn't expect it - though I hoped for it... And it sure explains why the discounts at SoG have been pretty terrible lately. I was able to book both Allison and V's trip with discounts there that equated to $79/night... Well, this coming January trip (and further out), the best discounts they are offering are $103/night... Still a great rate, but not as good as before. So, this extra "perk" kind of explains that. ::yes::

OK - so next park update...

Disney's Hollywood Studios!

V really wanted to have breakfast at 'Ohana this trip - after last trip's epic meal - it's on her "must-do" list forever. ::yes:: I had no idea when I was going to squeeze that in - thankfully the Poly is right across the street, so it makes that part a little easier.

I will be wearing my newest Toy Story set on this day! :lovestruc

2ADC5E70-AF63-4CEF-9312-5106CE76A2DC.jpg

I decided that getting to DHS a little later than normal was probably the best option...

So, we will get to sleep in a little later today, as our breakfast ADR at 'Ohana isn't until 9:30...

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_394148257852.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_394197388119.jpeg

Once we are done eating (I've allowed approx 1.5 hours for this meal - as they typically run very late here), we will board a bus at the Poly for DHS.

We will hunt down our favorite Photopass photographer - "Photopass Joe" - thanks to Cindy, he knows we are coming. ::yes::

E5CEC100-F90B-4F5D-8A47-914560B471EF.jpg

We have our first FP for Toy Story Mid-way Mania from 12:30-1:30.

IMG_3536.jpg

We may kill some time meeting characters around this time, if we are waiting on Cindy? ::yes::

Hopefully Cindy will be here by this time, as we have a ToT FP from 1:30-2:30 - they both love riding this ride with her! And I don't ride ToT anymore... (Though I did once...)

Photo1364FourBySix.jpg

And we have Star Tours from 2:30-3:30...

20140822_113547.jpg

I am hoping, by this time we may be ready for a snack - so hopefully we can belly up to the bar at 50's and get our PB&J malt? :lovestruc

20160120_164403.jpg

20160120_160723.jpg

By this time - it's likely we will be ready for a break? Or maybe since we got a late start, we may just want to hop to another park?

We will see... :scratchin

D~

I even managed to get a FoP FP!!!

Yay!! :jumping1:

V really wanted to have breakfast at 'Ohana this trip

Man I want to go back for this breakfast so badly! Great food and Stitch and Pluto. Hmmmm, I will definitely have to once I get my Pluto/Stitch bag.

I decided that getting to DHS a little later than normal was probably the best option..

With the state that HS is in right now, this is not a bad idea. I'm struggling to fill time here for both my January and February trip and I'm not doing a full day either trip!

Wahoo!!!! So glad you were able to get your FPs earlier than anticipated, and with the added pixie dust even an FoP FP!!! :) Happy Wednesday!

Congrats on getting a fp for fop. your day at the Studios looks like fun. I've never had a pb&j milkshake. I'm weird I don't like pb&j sandwiches. Hopefully you can find your favorite photographer.
Today I get to go to the dentist to get a tooth I broke fixed. It's been about a month since it happened. The dentist office is short one dentist. He fell off a ladder and broke his hip and leg, so they're really backed up. Supposedly he has to refill it. I also have to go to Target and Aldi this morning for food.
I'm also washing the coat with grease again. I might need it at the end of the week,
Have good day
Liz

So happy you got a FoP FP — it really is one of the coolest rides I’ve ever been on.

Bonus: so many people are waiting in the Pandora lines that you don’t really need a FP for anything else, except maybe the safari. When I was there in August, I rode EE (my favorite ride, if I had to choose) ten times.

Sounds like your plans are coming together. You are going to love FOP! I really enjoyed it. So immersive! I didn't do Navi because we had the FOP FP and the line for Navi was two hours, and there's no way I'm waiting 2 hours for what everyone says is a very short ride.

Still not sure we can swing the January trip. Haven't even mentioned it to DH. I have to decide soon because I need 30 days to cancel the room. Of course having SoG get extended FP to 60 days was a great surprise. So tempting. Just not sure with everything going on at work.

In soldier news, DS's friend is finally off the ventilator and actually got out of his room for a wheelchair tour and some fresh air! Such good news. DS thinks he will be moved out of ICU by Friday. DH and I are going to visit again on Friday, so we'll see if he's been moved. He's got a long way to go and lots of rehab in front of him. He was a football player in college, so he's familiar with pushing himself hard, so I'm sure he will be a rockstar in rehab.

Hi D - I have been so behind and just now catching up on your pre-trip report. I absolutely love your new bags and the ears are amazing!!
I really should be packing right now as my daughter and I will be leaving tomorrow for our Disney trip. I'm so excited :yay:
Mother/daughter trips are so much fun, and I know your trip with your girls will be amazing. I hope to check back in soon :)

Ahhh - it's time to do my AK update... Our FAVORITE park!!! :woohoo:

Maybe it's because of this???

IMG_3800.jpg

33484730019.jpg

33393990022.jpg

Or this???

IMG_3734.jpg

Or this???

IMG_3721.jpg

Or this???

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7581482581.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7581422562.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7581340458.jpg

AK_TRPLAZARIGHT_7544392727.jpeg

20151114_130316.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7519186564.jpg

20151114_100546.jpg

OK - OK - OK... I'll get on with it... It's just the best park ever!!! So much to see, and do and enjoy! ::yes::

We will be starting our day off early... We have an 8:05 Tusker House breakfast reservation... SoG park buses only start running 30 min before park opening, so we will have to take the Shady Shuttle to the end of SoG property and take an AK bus to AK from the Poly this morning... So, we will have to be out of our room by 7ish to make this happen... :eek: Poor V...

I will be wearing my much anticipated Carl and Ellie set this day! I cannot wait!!! :woohoo:

04252021-0A71-4C41-84A5-0F7F8FF0FBF2.jpg

Who can resist the Fl sun shining down on the ToL??? It's incredible!!!!

20161022_085112_HDR.jpg

After an amazing breakfast at one of our "must-dos", we should be finished right around park opening...

We will head right out the door of TH and on to Kilimanjaro Safari, we don't have a FP for this - but it's typically not needed right at park opening... Everyone will be at FoP anyways... ::yes::

20161022_082859.jpg

20161022_082708.jpg

We've had it happen before where our FP for EE was too close to park opening, and we've had to RUN (with full bellies) from the safari to EE, and let me tell you - that is not pleasant at all. I made our FP for EE go from 10:10-11:10, that gives us enough time for a few bio breaks on our way, and if we get there early - we'll just ride stand-by/single rider until our FP time begins. At least we will get one good photo of all of us in the same car. ::yes::

We have a FP for the FoLK 12:00 show, so once we have had our fill of EE, we will head back the way we came... If the standby for the Safari is short - we may have time for other ride on this? Otherwise, we will look through some shops... You know - just enjoy our day!

We love FoLK - we've seen the show a bazillion times, and each time is just as great as the first! (Allison would be mortified if she knew I posted this picture - LOL, you can see little V behind her, wearing the same outfit)

IMG08_1.jpg

IMG09.jpg

When we are done there, it will be time for our FoP FP... I am very excited about this. I plan to stay out of the way of all the Pandora chaos as much as possible - but once we are done with our FP, I think we will want to explore a little bit, if we can? I will also see what standby is like for NRJ... It might not be unbearable at this time of year? Otherwise - if we have time, we may even check standby for this ride right after the safari at opening... We'll see? :scratchin

And that's the end of my planning for this day...

I am sure we will be stopping for multiple PP photos through out the day - and we will definitely be doing our "exit the park with every photopass photographer we pass on the way out" strategy. ::yes::

We will likely head back to SoG for a break...

MK has evening EMH tonight - so I am sure that is where we will end up? It's the only night that we can make this work during our trip. ::yes:: And I also have a Dismeet planned for there during this.

I am hoping we can make it back to AK for an evening sometime during our trip - we were there once in the evening - it was during our March 2012 trip - and it was SPECTACULAR... I'd love to see RoL, and just enjoy all of the lights! This is just an incredible park at any time of the day!

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

EEEp!!! Soooo excited!!!! :woohoo:

My count down is getting VERY low! This is my favorite time during trip planning - the excitement is definitely building! ::yes::

Have a great day everyone!!! Prayers and Pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Yay, sounds like a great day!

Don't forget that you can try for a fourth FP for NRJ as soon as you scan your MB for FOP. I've heard that if you are persistent and keep checking different times on the APP you might get lucky.

Also, not sure if you were aware but the baby tigers are supposed to go on display sometime after the New Year. You may want to add that trail to your plans.

I love YOUR love for AK :) It's definitely a favorite for us, too. I really like that it feels like you're somewhere exotic with surprises and adventure at every turn. So much fun and just so darn beautiful!!

What can I say? FoP FP - yes!!! (I have heard how amazing this is). Pictures with Dug (of course). Tusker House and Donald and amazing waffles. Baby tigers. What a fun day with your girls. You answered my question Dorine, I have heard Pandora is amazing at night; Shane has a friend with an annual pass and he said it is the best. Hope you are able to squeeze it in, along with ROL.

Quick update on my Christmas tree. It only has lights. Every day is a new adventure with the youngster cat, who thinks getting soaked with a spray bottle and running from the tree and coming right back and jumping in is a new game. It has been more than a challenge. I hate to see what happens when we add ornaments.

So soon!!! I can't believe Christmas is around the corner and then your trip!!!

OK - I have a few extra minutes this morning, so I am going to work on a few replies. :lovestruc

I typically just read all of your trip reports, but since I own one of the coats you are debating about I decided to chime in

I have the long parka from Eddie Bauer. I bought it last year at the 50% off sale. I own it in a silvery grey. I live in Kansas, so not as cold as climate as you. I love that coat. I'm a preschool teacher, and I don't know how I survived recess duty without it. I'm a bit taller than you 5'6". I like that it covers my butt and the bottom zipper is so useful.

I love the toy story set

Thank you - I truly appreciate you stopping by to leave your review! I'll update my parka saga below, because I just know that all of your are sitting on the edge of your seats awaiting my final decision. :lmao: Kidding, of course. :) I feel like I am an expert at EB jackets at this point, as I've tried on every one that they sell. I only want to be warm this winter.

Thank you - I am really looking forward to wearing it! ::yes::

Thanks, D! It means so much. I am trying to do the same--focus on all the things we loved doing when she was with us and helping Jimmy to remember!!

It makes me SO happy I think you had this set in the first of your TRs I had ever read!!

I absolutely love the new set!! The little rope trim and leather details on the ears are just perfection!!

Grief is such an awful and personal thing, everyone is so different in their feelings... What helps some, may not help others. Sending hugs my friend. :hug:

It's possible? I think I first carried it on our 2013 trip?? That was the first trip where I went "all out" with accessories - 2012 was a little more subdued... I loved that set so much! It was my all time favorite and my DHS "go-to" for many trips. :lovestruc Enjoy!

Thanks - I added that rope trim as a last minute decision, and I am glad I did... I am debating on adding some rope to my Ears as well, but I haven't done it yet.

How great that you had a great day with your brother yesterday.

I hope you get a lot done in your sewing room this week

Maybe V and / or Allison can visit your dad this week since you can't. Just a thought

My brother finally got a Christmas wish list together. So today I went to town and got him a Christmas gift.
I'm almost never down town because it's really horrible to go by wheelchair there and it's difficult to find parking. Today was no exception. Luckily I had Ulf with me. We didn't find any parking space near the store I needed to visit to get the present for my brother. So we had to park 328 feet away and take my manual wheelchair. It went OK, and I got what I needed from the store.

When I got home I continued to work on getting my new computer as I want it. After 6 hours today in addition to all the hours I spent on it during the weekend, I think I have got all the programs I want on it.

We had a great visit with him!

Thanks - I am making good progress, enough that Allison and I are able to take Dad out for lunch today. He will be happy about that. ::yes::

Glad you were able to get your brother's gift, and you were able to get in and out of the store.

Hopefully your computer is all good now.

Your plans for Epcot sound great! You may find that in January you may not need a break as much as you do during hotter months when the heat saps you.

I should make an effort to see Illuminations again sometime. It's been years and of course there are rumors of it changing. I'm just not a big fan of the show and haven't made the effort lately.

Thanks! Allison and I found that we needed to take breaks just to get out of the cold, LOL - rather than the heat. I was almost more miserable in the cold than in the August heat - just because you *expect* heat when you go to FL, not cold. LOL

I know - I just hate the exit crowds with a passion... Allison and I thought we'd watch it on her grad trip from the monorail station - then once we got up there, we realized the view was blocked mostly by SSE (doh!), so we just left... I really *want* to see some of the night time shows, but the crowds make it so miserable for all of us.

Epcot's my favorite park. You plans for the day sound great. I really like that bag. It's got some of my favorite color combos.
When I was talking about white jackets it was personal experience. My heavy winter jacket has white sleeves. There is grease on one of them and nothing will get it out. I'll be wearing it grease stain and all when it gets colder.
I finished 3rd in my age group. the top 2 were runners. I should have gotten an award but we were too busy eating and missed it. Hopefully they'll contact me.
Have a good day.
Liz

Thanks! I am excited to spend a day here, and eat some amazing pizza! :lovestruc

I hope you were able to get the grease out? Did you try Dawn? That's always my go-to for grease. Even though I've decided to keep the white jacket - I've Scotchguarded it like crazy - I am a little paranoid now, LOL... I looked at my old Lands End one the other day - and I realized it was more of a "cream" color - and this new EB jacket is definitely WHITE. Which is why I am looking to get a black parka - so on the days I am feeling less cautious (which will likely be most days), I will still have something to wear. LOL

I am so proud of you!!! WTG!!! :woohoo: I hope you are able to get your reward... Can you call them?

Thanks, you too Liz! :)

Sounds like a lovely morning at Epcot!! Just the right pace. I'm sure in January you won't have the big crowds to work around, so I think that leaves you some freedom to go with the flow.

I'm noticing a trend here!! I also haven't seen Illuminations in forever....way back in 2004 is actually the last time I saw any of it, and even that trip we didn't stay because it started to pour!! Maybe this time we'll get a glimpse of it, but we probably won't stake out a spot to actually wait for it.

I sure hope so... It was quite low when I was there with Allison in 2016, so I am hoping for similar this time around. ::yes::

Yah - we just have too much anxiety leaving with the masses of people - we'd rather skip the evening shows than deal with that mess - even though Disney is quite efficient - it's still not a fun experience... One day, we may get brave? We'll see how it goes. I know the girls may want to see the Star Wars fireworks at DHS too - though again, we don't really LOVE fireworks like some people do - they are pretty, yes, but honestly we can take or leave them. ::yes::

I'm reading along this morning and I can't help but wish I was there again. How does Disney get me coming back? Sounds like you have a good day planned, oh Via Napoli, I didn't make it there this past trip, I guess there is always next time.

I don't know... I think they put something addictive in the smells that they pump into Main Street??? It wouldn't surprise me, actually. LOL

We are excited to try a few new-to-us restaurants this time... Allison is eating at Via Napoli for the first time (I thought I took her for her grad trip, but I guess I didn't?) - and also The Plaza... It's not often that we deviate from our favorites to try something new. ::yes::

Random comments, LOL -

I love white coats/jackets! I had one years ago and it was just as you said, pop it in the washer/dryer and it was ready to wear and spiffy looking. I think the black coat is very becoming, and even though they are supposed to be the same, it certainly looks like the coat has a more feminine cut to it. I love both in both colors.

Your bags & ears are so awesome. I've run out of superlatives to describe them. Do your girls know about the rose gold ears????

Today was our fastpass day! We got Flight of Passage and Rivers of Light for our AK day, so I'm pretty pleased. I guess we'll do standby for Na'vi and EE. It's kind of a bummer because since I used one of our 3 on ROL, which is at the end of the day, we'll have to go standby for everything else. I think our 3rd one is for the safari? I need to read up on whether a FP is really needed for ROL in February.

I also got FEA for our arrival day, because we've never seen it and we're eating supper in Epcot. We are going without the dining plan this time. Pricing it out, I can't say we will get our money's worth - it's around $1000 for just the 2 of us for 7 nights. So we have the Chip & Dale meal in the Land - delish - and Boma breakfast - delish - Via Napoli, because we've heard it's delish - and Kona Cafe for our departure breakfast - delish. Other than that, we're not sure! I know my daughter wants to explore DTD (whatever the new name is!) with all the new restaurants and that will be easier since we're staying at POR.

I forgot to bring my dressing recipe to work today, but I will be glad to share.

Thank you - I know, at some point, I am going to end up with 3 winter jackets. LOL I know, terrible. I have decided to keep the white one, mostly because that is Josh's favorite - and at the moment, it's the one with the most features that I like. I will also end up with the same one in black and parka length - again the features - as long as the petite isn't too long on me - when it arrives. ::yes:: And then, maybe next year, I might splurge on the same shorter jacket (as my white one) - in black... Just so I have versatility for when I am not feeling so cautious. LOL I am trying to reign in my spending a little bit this year - yet stay warm.

Thank you - I just love making them! The adding of the Ears has really added a new dimension for my creativity - and where I sort-of felt like I was in a rut before, I feel like now it's really fun again. ::yes:: Even if it is more work. LOL

Not sure if the girls know about the rose gold Ears? We have issues with the headbands on the sequin Ears - and even though we love them a lot, because they are super cute, every time we wear them, they give us headaches... So, I am not sure if they will even try the rose gold ones? We will see... :scratchin

Sounds like you did great on your AK FPs. :woohoo: I did some reading on RoL, because I had a lunch reservation at TH which included seating for RoL - and everyone that I talked to said that it wasn't needed, so I ditched it - as the girls and I really didn't want to spend that much on a lunch that we really don't enjoy - breakfast yes, but not lunch. ::yes::

I know - dining isn't cheap... When I first priced out this trip and texted Allison - I told her "$750 + dining" which was true... but dining per person for us, with an average of 1 sit down, 1 counter service, 1 snack and 1 coffee per day is approx $400 each! So, $1200 for 7 park days and 2 travel days... She wasn't thrilled with that - but what do you do??? We each have 1 must-do character dining experience... and a couple of extras that are just places that we love to eat... Dining is honestly the biggest expense of the trip - for us anyways. :(

Looking forward to it, when you remember. :)

Sounds like a great plan for Epcot. Epcot is my one of my favorite parks. My other Favorite is Animal Kingdom.

Today I managed to be done with all the Christmas presents I have to buy and that I managed without going outside today. The only gifts I have left is food gifts that I'm going to make.
It has snowed all day and we got 12.6 inch of snow during the night and they say more snow is comeing today and tomorrow.

Epcot - well, I can honestly take it or leave it - yet a trip wouldln't be the same if it wasn't included. LOL I guess I like all of the parks for different reasons. ::yes::

Yay!!!! WTG!!!

YIKES!!! That is a LOT of snow!!! Stay in and stay warm! :lovestruc

Hey Dorine! Love both the coats, but your shorter length is really making me want one. Here in Texas I wear a coat just a bit, more than others because I am cold natured. I bought a parka length a few years ago for our Alaska cruises, and I really don't like where it sits. Both coats look so good on you; I love both!!!

I can't wait to see everything that is coming out of your sewing room. Lots of magic happening in there. I hope Allison or Victoria can pop in on your Dad this week. You have been doing a lot of driving lately! Your brother looks so happy with his birthday and visit with all of you. That is so sweet about being the protective older sister.

Glad your Dad's card found its way. I love to make a bright spot every now and then in his mailbox. I am always praying for him, and for you as his caregiver. I know it's a lot, been there and done that!! He truly looks so happy.

Love Epcot, I think it's my favorite park. Your day sounds like so much fun. I cannot leave the park without seeing Illuminations!!!!

You are such a dear friend to me Dorine. Always sending love, and know prayers are lifted every day for you.

I highly recommend the Eddie Bauer Sun Valley down coat in jacket length (which is the shorter of the 2)... I really like it, and I think where you are - the jacket length would be more than adequate... The only reason I really need the parka length (as well) is because of the darn windchill... The other day, we had a "nasty" windchill (I put that in quotes, because we get it worse in Jan/Feb), and my bum + thighs were so cold, to the point of numbness while pumping gas... So, I'd really like a longer coat for those bad wind chill days.... but on days where I can just run from house to car and car to store - the jacket length would be perfect. LOL The parts of me that were covered within the jacket were nice n' toasty. ::yes::

It's been a crazy week! For sure! But I did manage to go see dad and sit in for his dentist appointment on Monday - which was a good thing - we are making headway there. ::yes:: And I did manage to pop in yesterday to say hi at lunch time - I didn't get to stay, but I was in town and just wanted to check on him. Today, I am caught up enough that Allison and I are planning to take him out for lunch - he may regret that decision once the cold hits his face, LOL... but I am sure he will enjoy getting out just the same. Yes, lots of driving - but worth it... I keep telling myself that Dad's health isn't great, and if I have to make the extra effort now to make sure his last few holidays are with family - then it's worth it. :lovestruc He did anything and everything for me as a child - most importantly - making sure our family was together for holidays and special events... I will do the same for him now. ::yes::

Thank you - he is definitely adjusting, and seems so much happier these last weeks - which warms my heart a lot. ::yes::

Argh... I just hate the exit crowds after Illuminations (and all of the evening shows) - and the girls too... We'd rather be nice n' comfy in our hotel room, knowing we will be in a park for rope drop the next morning. LOL We will see what our ambition level is like on this trip - one or two evening shows may happen for us? :scratchin

Awwwh - Carol - same to you! I am so lucky to have you as a friend! :hug:

Im here....sorry....it's been an absolutely crazy few days. As for the coats - I love them both and see very specific uses for each, so I like your idea of keeping two and exchanging the black one for a petite in white. Very cute coats, and I think the quilting lines are very flattering, too. I have three winter coats (actually had another one but it was a huge, thick, heavy knee length coat I bought last year to wear because of my time standing outside at the bus stop for work, so I gave that to Brie for this year) -- I have a very long wool dress coat (I am usually dressed up for work), a hip length wool coat for work, and then a Columbia two part jacket with a zip-out liner and wind/waterproof shell that hits around hip length. Each has a specific use -- so I'm an advocate of coats either being all purpose, or having coats for each specific need. You live in a very cold place -- like you said, a good coat is a necessity and not a luxury!

Mark and I are going to talk to his Mom about using her "office" (she calls it her "room") for Brie while she's here for Christmas. Either that, or we'll give Brie our room and we'll use MIL's "room" just at night for sleeping. The sofa sleeper isn't the most comfortable thing in the room, but Brie needs to feel like she has a place of her own for the long time she'll be with us. I think MIL will agree. She's such a creature of habit that I know giving up her "room" (she does spend time in there during the day on the computer) will be a bit hard for her, but I think she can manage. She loves having Brie at the house, and I think she just hasn't even considered the fact that Brie sleeping on the couch or else in the bed with me (and Mark sleeping on the couch) is not ideal. She's just not used to having people live in the house with her, I think.

I'm so glad you had a nice weekend with your brother. It sounds like it was wonderful. What is a "cheese crust pizza"?

Your Epcot plans sounds so fun. I love spending time at Epcot. It really is my favorite park, and I never feel like I get enough time there.

Andrew had his first optometry school interview last Friday in Texas -- and was notified yesterday that he was accepted! YEA! It is his #2 school -- they're really hoping he gets into the school in Arizona as it's closer to both us and his family, but that interview isn't until January. But at least we know he has a spot for school next year. It makes me sad to think of them moving next summer, but it can't be avoided.

The girls and I spent Saturday morning at the "Festival of Trees," a fundraiser for the local children's hospital. Given your love of Christmas decor, you would have loved it. There were so many GORGEOUS trees and beautiful Christmas décor. The trees (and quilts, and wreaths, and other items) are all sold for charity -- many of them were professionally decorated, I'm sure, and were absolutely gorgeous. After that we took my MIL and Mark to a Christkindlmarket (German outdoor Christmas market) to see how authentic it was, but it was so incredibly crowded that we left rather quickly. I was the only one who enjoyed it -- but I'm not exaggerating when I say the crowds were like Main Street at MK after the fireworks are over! It was crazy. On Sunday Alyssa and Andrew came back, and Brie came back with two of her lacrosse teammates, for Sunday dinner (I love cooking traditional Sunday dinner for my family) and then we went to a Christmas devotional in the evening. It was a lovely way to kick off the season. I'm trying hard to focus on being with family and not on what I'm missing this season (my family, my own home, my own traditions, etc.).

We met with our builder last night...unfortunately, to get the price down to where we want it to be, I probably have to give up the extra square footage in the main living space as well as the things I want in the kitchen. So Mark and I need to sit down and have a serious talk about it. I'm already feeling anxiety about it. Add to that that I slipped back into very bad stress spending habits....and, well, my anxiety is pretty high right now. I've gone overboard for Christmas, and I have got to get things under control. I had been doing so well.... Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps we should just move into a small townhouse (although I desperately don't want to, having lived in one for the last five years and hated having neighbors literally touching each side of me and not having a good yard for the dogs) with a much smaller payment and focus on debt for the next few years, vs a house that's definitely more what we want, more comfortable, with space for the dogs, that would be a good investment (Mark and Andrew can finish the basement which will add *significantly* to the value of the house when we decide to sell it). The builder will let us do sweat equity, but the big savings areas are not ones that Mark feels comfortable taking on... so right now I'm just not sure what we're going to do. *Sigh*

Have a great week!

Thank you! :) See, I feel the same way - each coat has it's use, and it's very specific... One coat typically isn't gonna "do it all" IMO... In the end, I think I will end up with 3 EB jackets... 1 white down jacket length, the same one in black too... then the same one in black with parka length. ::yes:: I will likely do 2 this year (the white jacket and the black parka), then get the additional one next year. :scratchin I also have a nice wool pea coat that I wear when I need to "dress up" which isn't often. LOL That one still fits me - and it's just an Old Navy one - so not real well made or anything, but I don't wear it often enough to justify spending a lot on one. ::yes::

Hopefully it all works out with MIL's room, and Brie has a place to call her own while she is there. :hug:

It was a great weekend with my brother. :) Cheese crust pizza... Well, how V explained it to me... They put cheese into a deep dish pan (rather than the crust) and cook it down/melt it... then they pull it out and add the sauce/toppings like they do a regular pizza and cook it a bit again - so essentially, it's grain free - but not dairy free. it's delicious - the only part I didn't like is that it was very tough to cut, not sure if that was the cheese or the knife I was using though? :scratchin

Wahoo to Andrew!!! So proud of him!!! I know it will be hard to have them so far away - but do you think they will come back "home" once he is done?

It sounds like a wonderful day - and a wonderful event! I would have left too if the crowds were that bad - I don't enjoy things that are so packed like that. LOL I agree - I think that concentrating on family and being together this season will help a lot with the feeling of missing out on other things that are traditional to your family. :hug: Next year, you can make up for it.

I sure hope you are able to get the house situation figured out, and able to compromise enough that everyone is happy... I can't imagine how stressful this must be - as I am sure the feeling of being "stagnant" right now doesn't help things... Maybe a temporary town house situation wouldn't be the worst thing? At least you'd have a place to call "home" while you make the bigger move into the house you want? Sending you big hugs my friend!!! I hope it's all sorted out soon. :hug:

I hope you're having a great week, as well.

**************************************************************************************************************

OK - I tried to make a dent in some replies this morning. :)

Just a quick check in...

I've been working like a mad-woman this week - some crazy hours, but I am having fun, so that's great too!

While doing my most recent trip updates, I've been going through some old trip pictures, and it's reminded me of how far I have come - and how much I have changed, not only my body, but my general way of living and overall happiness with myself... I am such a different person than I was 5 years ago! Definitely more confident, energetic and just HAPPY... Life is good. :lovestruc

1ACB81EF-B830-4988-AD56-C30E3C023698.jpg

V texted this to me the other day... Cracked me up - so I thought I would share... Captioned "Before Dave Ramsey and After" :lmao:

985A4DEC-9236-47AB-88B4-8A36A3C5D12B.jpg

Jacket ramblings: So, I went to the EB store the other day... I returned a "winter coat" I'd purchased from them in August - when I'd ordered it, I thought it was a heavy winter coat, but when I received it, I realized that it wouldn't keep me warm at all. So, that went back, along with a credit of $60. :woohoo:

Then, I planned to return the longer black parka, and just waiting for it's petite counterpart to become available online... but while I was there, the sales lady talked me into trying on a different parka which "ran shorter"... I really loved it on me, as it was super flattering. So I ended up with an exchange, rather than a return.

969552EA-49A8-464F-ABD0-791F1F86EE02.jpg

However, once I got it home... I found things about it that I really liked (the fabric, the cut, the permanently attached hood with removable fur) - but I found more things about it that I didn't think I could live with - but the other parka had... Minky lined interior cuffs and pockets, zippered pockets, a heavier weight coat (though the down fill is the same in both)... Not having the extra minky lined cuffs is a huge thing - as it allows the wind to go up your sleeves.

Yesterday morning, the black Sun Valley parka became available in petite online, so I swooped it up right away. Once that gets here, and I can verify that the petite fits me better... I will return one.

The return of the other coat that I'd purchased earlier kind of off sets the purchase of these coats now. ::yes:: So, that makes me feel a little better about keeping both.

Today... I plan to work for a few hours this morning, after I work out.

Then Allison and I are taking Dad out for lunch... After, she needs to run to the store - so we are going to do a few errands.

Yesterday - I received my new Steam Boat Willie fabric - I hope to take some time to start (and maybe finish) that bag set this weekend... :scratchin It really just depends on how much time I can devote to it... I already have the applique ready to be stitched - so it should go together quickly. We will see... It will be my last bag set for this trip. I am also planning to do coordinating Ears for it. ::yes::

I also finished V's first bag last night - late... I know she had her own stuff she wanted to add to it after she got home from work - I am a bit anxious to see it myself... I haven't gone up there to look at it yet. ::yes::

That's about all... I still have 2 more trip updates to do here... Both of our days off need to be posted. ::yes:: Those will be short n' sweet - I am sure, as we mostly "wing it".

Getting close to wrapping this one up guys. :woohoo: Another successful PTR under my belt. ;)

OK - I hope you all have a great day... I must get a move on so I can finish everything I need to get done today. :)

Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

You look FABULOUS and though your smile has always shown brightly in your pics, you RADIATE happiness now. Thanks for always being so honest and thoughtful in sharing your journey. Truly inspiring!!

Is that just for SOG, or for all non-Disney resorts?

As far as I know, as of now, the 60 day window is only for all Disney resorts, Swan and Dolphin and SoG... I have heard that some of the "friendly neighbor" resorts will be included within this, but I have no idea when/if that will happen? When I first heard about this option becoming available - there was only mention of the Friendly Neighbor resorts doing it - nothing about SoG being included, however - SoG was sending out their ticket order forms VERY early (much earlier than they sent them with the girls' grad trips) - so I had my suspicions that SoG would be included - which is why I ordered our tickets right away, I wanted them in hand, just in case. ::yes:: I knew a lot of things would have to be in place for this to happen - mainly the DoD and Disney would have to figure out how to communicate their systems - which apparently, they have. :woohoo:

For a long time now - I believe since the opening of SoG - we have been "considered as" Disney guests - yet not... We do get many of the perks of an on-site guest, but there were a few we were excluded from. The only things we can't get now that the FP (and ADR window, 60 + 10 for us now) is free parking at the parks, the dining plan and ME... I don't miss the dining plan at all - I think we save $$ paying out of pocket - though I DO miss the ease of it... And to be honest - the girls and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the town car experience - I am not sure if we would go back to ME? It's just so nice that they whisk you away from under the airport and take you directly to your resort - and when they bring you back, they drop you right outside your airline ticketing window/curbside check in... Can't beat that. ::yes::

Oh -- here's a picture of the nativity I am getting for Christmas... My tree is decorated mostly in white, silver, and glass, with burgundy poinsettias and a very few colored ornaments (that belong to Brie and will go with her when she leaves home -- Alyssa took hers this year). I use a sheer white ribbon with a silver glitter swirl print on it, so I love that this nativity has a silver swirl pattern in it. View attachment 287079

This is incredible and beautiful - I can see why you want it. :lovestruc

You are welcome and YAY!!!! :

Again - many thanks!!! :lovestruc

Yay!!

Man I want to go back for this breakfast so badly! Great food and Stitch and Pluto. Hmmmm, I will definitely have to once I get my Pluto/Stitch bag.

With the state that HS is in right now, this is not a bad idea. I'm struggling to fill time here for both my January and February trip and I'm not doing a full day either trip!

Yes - you will... It's just an extreme bummer that Stitch no longer goes around from table to table. :/ I am uncertain if the experience will be anywhere near the same? I am glad that V got her pixie dust when she did. :lovestruc

I was thinking that this could be the night we head back to AK??? I am not sure yet - we will play that one by ear. ::yes:: I do want to do AK at night for once, and EE - that would be amazing!

YAY love your plans and SO glad you were able to snag a coveted FoP FP+ as well!

Thank you - super excited about this!

Wahoo!!!! So glad you were able to get your FPs earlier than anticipated, and with the added pixie dust even an FoP FP!!! Happy Wednesday!

I couldn't believe it!!! I was hoping for it - but as the days passed, I kind of forgot about it. As soon as it was posted that the FPs were available - I dropped everything and booked our FPs. ::yes:: I am still shocked that I was able to get FoP... However, in all of the excitement - I somehow lost our PPO CP breakfast at MK... So I am now on the hunt for that one again. :scratchin

Congrats on getting a fp for fop. your day at the Studios looks like fun. I've never had a pb&j milkshake. I'm weird I don't like pb&j sandwiches. Hopefully you can find your favorite photographer.
Today I get to go to the dentist to get a tooth I broke fixed. It's been about a month since it happened. The dentist office is short one dentist. He fell off a ladder and broke his hip and leg, so they're really backed up. Supposedly he has to refill it. I also have to go to Target and Aldi this morning for food.
I'm also washing the coat with grease again. I might need it at the end of the week,
Have good day
Liz

Thanks - I am honestly so excited about it. I was also able to snag 7DMT twice during our trip - which is awesome! Especially since Splash Mtn is down while we are there, at least we will get to ride our 2nd favorite. ::yes::

I just hope he's working the day we are there... I have no idea what his days off are? :scratchin

Yay for getting it fixed - as I am sure I have mentioned here, many times, I hate dental work... ::yes:: I hope it went well for you!

Good luck with the coat washing... I realized yesterday - when Allison and I took dad out for lunch - there will be NO white coat wearing when taking dad out on excursions with his wheelchair... It's impossible to load in and out of my car by myself without getting mud and wet snow all over me. :( Thankfully Allison was there to help - she saved the white coat yesterday. :woohoo:

Thank you - have a nice weekend Liz! :)

So happy you got a FoP FP — it really is one of the coolest rides I’ve ever been on.

Bonus: so many people are waiting in the Pandora lines that you don’t really need a FP for anything else, except maybe the safari. When I was there in August, I rode EE (my favorite ride, if I had to choose) ten times.

I can't wait to try it out... I am a bit nervous to be riding it after EE - as I can only handle about 4-5 rides on EE before I start to get motion sick... I am hoping that having FotL in between for a "rest" will allow me to be OK with it... Just in case - I have our exit strategy right after FoP, so I should be OK? ::yes::

That is awesome - and kind of what I am banking on. ::yes::

EE is also my favorite! :woohoo:

Sounds like your plans are coming together. You are going to love FOP! I really enjoyed it. So immersive! I didn't do Navi because we had the FOP FP and the line for Navi was two hours, and there's no way I'm waiting 2 hours for what everyone says is a very short ride.

Still not sure we can swing the January trip. Haven't even mentioned it to DH. I have to decide soon because I need 30 days to cancel the room. Of course having SoG get extended FP to 60 days was a great surprise. So tempting. Just not sure with everything going on at work.

In soldier news, DS's friend is finally off the ventilator and actually got out of his room for a wheelchair tour and some fresh air! Such good news. DS thinks he will be moved out of ICU by Friday. DH and I are going to visit again on Friday, so we'll see if he's been moved. He's got a long way to go and lots of rehab in front of him. He was a football player in college, so he's familiar with pushing himself hard, so I'm sure he will be a rockstar in rehab.

I am super excited to have FPs for it - as I wasn't holding out any hope that I would get any at 30 days... I do want to try for NRJ too, but we will see how our day works out and how long the lines are. ::yes::

Yes - it must be coming close to 30 days for you... Hopefully you can find a way to make it work. :)

This is good news!!! Continued prayers for him and a good recovery! :hug:

Hi D - I have been so behind and just now catching up on your pre-trip report. I absolutely love your new bags and the ears are amazing!!
I really should be packing right now as my daughter and I will be leaving tomorrow for our Disney trip. I'm so excited :yay:
Mother/daughter trips are so much fun, and I know your trip with your girls will be amazing. I hope to check back in soon

Thank you - no worries... I've been behind myself lately. LOL

Thanks - I am having so much fun making them... I love creating for myself too - it makes my job fun again. :)

Wahoo!!!!! Enjoy!!!! You guys will have so much fun! I've heard that it's pretty crowded there now, I hope the crowds dissipate some for you before you get there. ::yes::

Yay, sounds like a great day!

Don't forget that you can try for a fourth FP for NRJ as soon as you scan your MB for FOP. I've heard that if you are persistent and keep checking different times on the APP you might get lucky.

Also, not sure if you were aware but the baby tigers are supposed to go on display sometime after the New Year. You may want to add that trail to your plans.

Yes - I definitely will! :woohoo: Thanks for the reminder!

I wasn't aware of that, the girls would LOVE to see them... Hmmm... When to fit that in? :scratchin Do you happen to know which trail it is??? There are so many, I can't keep track of what is on which... LOL

Your DHS and AK plans sound great!

Thank you - it should be a great day!

Your Animal Kingdom day sounds like a great day.

Thanks - I am super excited about AK, it is just our favorite!!! :lovestruc

I love YOUR love for AK It's definitely a favorite for us, too. I really like that it feels like you're somewhere exotic with surprises and adventure at every turn. So much fun and just so darn beautiful!!

Hahaha, exactly - it's like nothing else anywhere - it's amazing!!! I love it all - the sights, the smells, the food... It's all incredible!

What can I say? FoP FP - yes!!! (I have heard how amazing this is). Pictures with Dug (of course). Tusker House and Donald and amazing waffles. Baby tigers. What a fun day with your girls. You answered my question Dorine, I have heard Pandora is amazing at night; Shane has a friend with an annual pass and he said it is the best. Hope you are able to squeeze it in, along with ROL.

Quick update on my Christmas tree. It only has lights. Every day is a new adventure with the youngster cat, who thinks getting soaked with a spray bottle and running from the tree and coming right back and jumping in is a new game. It has been more than a challenge. I hate to see what happens when we add ornaments.

So soon!!! I can't believe Christmas is around the corner and then your trip!!!

I am so excited for all of this! Truly, I am! :woohoo:

I am hoping to get back over to AK one night - not sure which night yet, but at some point... I really want to see Pandora and RoL - oh and ride EE in the dark - that HAS to be insane! :eek:

Oh Carol... LOL I just have the most amazing visual of your cat/Christmas tree saga - LOL... I am so sorry my friend - but, well, if you can't sneak in any exercise one day - I'd definitely consider this as movement. ::yes:: Good luck... Maybe another year without ornaments? :scratchin

I know - it's going to go by so quickly! :woohoo: Then it will be back to boring life. LOL

You look FABULOUS and though your smile has always shown brightly in your pics, you RADIATE happiness now. Thanks for always being so honest and thoughtful in sharing your journey. Truly inspiring!!

Thank you - it has been a journey that I never imagined I'd embark on. ::yes:: Or one I never thought I'd follow through with for this long... I feel like now, it's ingrained in me and I could live a life where I wasn't trying actively to be healthy. Though some days are harder than others... Or some years. ::yes:: It is a constant, endless and changing journey - that's for sure. Thank you for always cheering me on! :lovestruc

**************************************************************************************************************

I don't have much to update from yesterday...

Other than a near-miss with Dad at lunch... He decided that he wanted Arby's, and now that we have a handicapped parking tag for him, I use that to our advantage while we are out and park in handicapped spots. Well, Arby's never cleared the ice out of the spots and the loading zones - so when Dad stepped out, he couldn't get his grip and we nearly lost him. :( Thanks to Allison's quick thinking, she was able to squat down, scoop his rear under her shoulder and push him back into the seat of the car - all on top of thick ice - so she was very unstable too. We were just going to leave, but Allison started to bust up the ice where Dad had to stand and we were able to get a clear spot to load and unload him. Had he gone down - we would have had to call an ambulance - it was so icy there, we wouldn't have been able to get him back up again - much less if he would have broken something on the way down. We complained to the manager when we got inside and I did see the manager out there spreading salt before we even had our food, which I don't think did much good... but still, business owners/managers - check your handicapped loading and unloading zones - unless you want a hefty law suit. ::yes::

Despite that - we had a nice lunch together. Dad wanted to go to Walmart after, but Allison and I were DONE... After nearly losing dad, we had NO desire to try and load/unload him somewhere else. ::yes::

After, we ran a bunch of errands, and didn't get back home until it was time to make dinner. ::yes::

We watched Home Alone after dinner last night, and then I worked upstairs for a little bit.

I plan to work through the weekend - so I have nothing exciting there to report. :)

Have a great weekend everyone! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all! :lovestruc

D~ (Who is pretty sure she is caught up on replies now. :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter