~~~ Sew, we’re debt FREEEEEEEE!!! And headed to DLP! ~~~ Spring 2018

I'm here. Let's see how long I stay here. Would be super helpful if you send me a link every time you post ;) Luv ya!

OK - will do! :lovestruc Love ya - mean it!

Marking my place! It's almost time to go home from work so I will have to come back and read at a later time.

Hehehe! Welcome back!

Took me awhile to get logged in. But I am here.

Yay!!! Thanks for going to the trouble... How does it feel to have your baby home??? :lovestruc

Ok I actually logged in to the Dis to follow along. Lets see if I can get myself subscribed to this post so I can keep up with it.

Yay!!! Welcome back Chiara!

I'm here!! Can't wait to hear more!!

Yay!!! So happy you made it!

I'm here too! So happy to see another D trip report!
:yay:

Awesome! Thanks Tess!

I made it!!! Super excited!!

Yay!!! Thanks Lisa! :lovestruc

Yay! I am so excited for you guys ✨
I haven't been on the Dis much but I will be now!!!

Monica

Woohoo!!! Glad to have you here Monica! :)

I'm here, and SO EXCITED!!!!

Yay!!! Thanks for stopping by Lynee!

I'm here! So excited for your European Vacation! The girls got to go, so I'm glad you and Josh will also! I really would love to go back to Europe. We lived in Germany twice for a total of 6 years. My youngest was born in Heidelberg. I would love to go back for a visit!

Thanks Cathy! We are very excited for our trip! I didn't realize you had spent so much time in Germany - that is cool! I sure hope to go... That one is a little iffy at this point. ::yes::

We are debt free as well thanks to Dave.
Can't wait to follow your new trip to DLP.

That is awesome!!! :woohoo: Congrats! I cannot wait until we are official. ::yes::

:yay:I made it! I can't wait for the continued adventures of D and the gang!

Yay!! So glad you are here Brandi! :lovestruc

I'm here too. A NEW Disney to learn about - how fun.
Jane

Wahoo!!! Welcome Jane!

How exciting! Can't wait for your big adventure!

Thank you!!! I am very excited and very nervous! :scratchin

Hi! I'm so excited to see you back on the DIS writing a trip report. Your trip to Europe is going to be awesome, and paying for it in cash is going to make it that much better. I can't wait to read more.

This is Louise by the way. I wasn't sure if you would be able to put my DIS name with my FB name.

Thank you!!! It's going to be an adjustment for me to remember to come back here - I'd kind of gotten out of the habit. ::yes::

Thanks Louise... I am terrible with Dis names - I will try to remember. :lovestruc Some of them are easy to remember, because they are a variation of their real names - but not yours. LOL

I am VERY excited!! Can't wait to hear about your planning and then following along with your adventures! It should be so fun for you to go to DLP - Disney but with a different twist. So happy to read that your healthy lifestyle is all falling back into place. I know you're an inspiration to many people - me included. Almost debt free - woohoo! Seems like you've been able to pay it down pretty quickly once you set your minds to it. Also anxious to hear how your Dad is handling the big move - maybe you'll work that into your updates. Rene'

Thanks! We are so excited... Though I am very nervous... I am sure that all will be OK. Though driving and renting a car in a foreign country should be interesting... :scratchin

Thanks - it's been such a tough road, I just had to turn my mind and really get on myself to change again. ::yes::

I do have a Dad update for you all today. :lovestruc Thanks for cheering me on with this - it's been a major change for all of us, and a lot of work! Worth it though.

Joining in

Welcome!!! So happy to have you here! :lovestruc

Hi friend!! Can't wait to follow along!

Hi Lori! Welcome!!! It's great to see you here! :lovestruc

I can't wait to hear all your plans and your general talking.

Thank you!!! Welcome back!!! :lovestruc

*************************************************************************************************************

Ahhh... My first set of replies in a while...

Let's just say - I was up this morning and The Dis wasn't... So, I had an hour of just sitting here - when I could have been updating - waiting for the Dis to wake up. Sigh. Now I remember why I got out of the habit of replies... :scratchin

I soooo appreciate all of you who came back to The Dis to read my report! You don't know how much it means to me to see you all here... There are still a few missing - but I am certain they will turn up soon. :lovestruc

I figured I'd do a small "life" update this morning... Just to try to catch you all up.

I am still working upstairs and at Target... Staying busy at both places. I am really hoping - once we are debt free, I can justify giving my notice at Target... As most of you remember - it's not something I really enjoy doing - though I am coming up on 11 years there.

Josh is still at the hospital... Again, not really enjoying it much anymore - and continually looking for greener pastures. Though, now we are kind of stuck in this area. ::yes::

Allison is still working in the Memory Care unit in a local nursing home while she is paying off her student loan debt... She loves this job and should have her loans paid off by the end of the year so she can start college next year. Working in the memory care unit is pretty physically demanding - so, she does have the desire to transfer to a less demanding unit once her loans are paid for... And I agree - no sense in wearing her body out so early in life. ::yes:: Her and Gus are still together and doing well - mostly, I stay out of that portion of her life.

Victoria is still in Europe... She is loving it there, and really has very little desire to come home. Except that she misses the dogs... I am almost certain that she could care less about seeing any of the rest of us - not really - but sort of. LOL I am 99% certain that V will end up going to college overseas - I think she has found her love in life, and that makes me happy. She is definitely in her element and my outspoken child has finally found a whole country of people who are just like her... LOL Go figure, as she is Dutch. ::yes::

While in Europe this summer, Victoria has done a week in Italy, a week in France and 4 days in London... Her trip has been much more of a "whirlwind" than Allison's was - as not only is her trip 2 weeks shorter - but we learned with Allison and we spaced her other trips out a little more - some of you may remember that Allison had about 4 weeks of down time and that was very hard on her. Victoria also has an easier time with getting lost and finding her way - she has navigational skills, where (we discovered) Allison doesn't quite. LOL So, this has been a much easier trip for V - not only is she with "her people", but she is able to get around and explore easier. :lovestruc

And Dad... Ahhhh... Well - it's been a rough and terrifying few months. Between the difficult task of choosing a local place for him to live and then coordinating everything that needed to be done to manage his care and his life... We finally moved him here last weekend. He was scared - I was scared - the stress levels that day couldn't even be recorded, they were high! We've had a few bumps along the way, but dad is settling in and he seems to be so happy at his new place. He doesn't like the apartment itself - it's too small (it's a studio), but he likes the people, the building, the food, the location, and of course - us. Despite those things - he is still having a hard time with the smallness of his apartment, but doesn't understand at all, that his funding program doesn't cover anything bigger - and he doesn't have the $$ to pay for a bigger place himself... So, that piece of this is difficult. He loves being able to hop on his scooter though and go 5 blocks to Target, and many other stores on his way... There is just SO MUCH MORE for him to see and do here. Not to mention - he has other family who live nearby and have been to see him, plus they are coming again tomorrow. So, despite that one little thing - he is doing VERY well and adjusting very well. And he seems so much happier. Just the fact that I can visit him for an hour every day, take him out for errands and still be home before lunch is HUGE for me... And as his health deteriorates - as it likely will - I can be there faster and easier... Here's a photo of Dad from Thursday.

FC6AEFB5-6C71-4FED-B079-C6AE458D80F3.jpg

And one last little update... Victoria sent an advance shipment of her items over with Machteld - and I met her for coffee yesterday. Of course, Myrthe sent a sweet gift from the Littles... Darn near made me cry. Some of you may remember - we did the same thing for Thomas with his Tigger and Pooh... And then we did this with them for their Duffy and Shellie May - which they love...

20140827_164953.jpg

20140827_151320.jpg

F235D515-D7BD-464C-9DDD-B36ADF5011F9.jpg

So, Myrthe and Victoria found a small Duffy and Shelly May at DLP... Then the LIttles smothered them with hugs and kisses and sent them to me... :lovestruc Sweetest thing ever! Now I need to find a special spot for them in my sewing studio!

598D0DBF-BF6F-4E7B-84CB-E054812C4794.jpg

8AD5CF9D-AE95-4DD6-9CE5-516AA6F7C1C8.jpg

So, today...

Well - I didn't work out yesterday. I sort-of got wrapped up in writing my new PTR intro, and lost track of time. So, today (and tomorrow) - I will go for a walk instead.

I plan to work upstairs for a little bit - I have a couple of loose ends to tie up.

Then I plan to go to town to visit dad and run a few errands. We still have a few boxes to unload and bring in - things that aren't necessary for living - but nice to have. :)

Anyways - thank you all for coming back to the Dis to follow along on this PTR... I can almost guarantee it's going to run a LOT slower than all of my other's, as it's only 2 days in DLP - and that should be pretty easy to plan. ::yes:: Not sure if I can throw the rest of my planning into this PTR, since it's not Disney related?

I hope you all have a wonderful and enjoyable weekend! Sending prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

I'm here!!! Can't wait to read! We are hoping to go to DLP when we visit my sister next year in Switzerland, although everyone is telling me it is horrible and not to go - I am curious what your girls say!

I am here and so excited! Wooohoo! Cannot wait to hear more about your weight loss journey, your rode to being debt free and of course Disney!

I'm here! I'm so excited for you for this trip. Short reply since I'm replying from my phone...we arrived in Utah yesterday and I've got a terrible head cold and am exhausted....need to unpack and get settled....which includes getting my computer set up.

Hugs to you!

Following along! A trip to Europe and DLP sounds sooo exciting! Can't wait to read all about it!
:yay:

I'm here. I was at work when you started yesterday. I'm glad your family is doing well and than V. is enjoying Europe. Hopefully your dad will get used to his smaller place. One good thing is that there's less to clean in a small place.
I'm looking forward to reading more.
Liz

So glad that you are getting a chance to go to DLP....how exciting. I would love to go to Germany (finger crossed I go someday) as I was born there (Dad was in the military), but left when I was six months old. My DIS time doesn't feel complete without one of your PTRs or TRs.

Following along. I really enjoyed your last TR. I also like hearing about your healthy lifestyle progress. I did my first whole 30 this past spring & im about ready to do another one. I can feel myself slipping into bad habits. Having a little of this & that is getting out of hand. A friend of mine mentioned the fasting thing that you are doing so I might look into that.

Hi D~! I'm here to follow along. I've missed your daily updates and I'm looking forward to hearing about your healthy living and the planning for DLP!

Hi D! So many things to celebrate! So glad to follow along on your journey to DLP. Cheering you on as your gain momentum on your personal goals, I love that you don't give up! So awesome. :flower1:

I'm here!!! Can't wait to read! We are hoping to go to DLP when we visit my sister next year in Switzerland, although everyone is telling me it is horrible and not to go - I am curious what your girls say!

Hi Julie!!! Oooh - that sounds exciting!

I think V had more fun at DLP than Allison did - simply because V took some time to do a bit of research. And when it comes down to it - between my girls, V is a bit more Disney obsessed than Allison is. :scratchin Allison enjoyed it too - but she just had a hard summer there in the first place - ya know? They both enjoyed it in their own way - yet they both said it was different. V's biggest disappointment was no Mickey waffles and no Splash Mountain - there was enough there though that she was able to get a nice Disney fix. :lovestruc And I am told, V has now learned how to make one killer Dole Whip. ::yes::

I am here and so excited! Wooohoo! Cannot wait to hear more about your weight loss journey, your rode to being debt free and of course Disney!

Yay!!! So glad to have you here!!! I am excited to be back and to share it all!

I'm here! I'm so excited for you for this trip. Short reply since I'm replying from my phone...we arrived in Utah yesterday and I've got a terrible head cold and am exhausted....need to unpack and get settled....which includes getting my computer set up.

Hugs to you!

So happy to hear that you made it safely - I've been watching your progress on FB. I sure hope you are feeling better soon and able to get a little bit settled. :hug:

Following along! A trip to Europe and DLP sounds sooo exciting! Can't wait to read all about it!

Yay!!! So happy that you are here! Yes - we are pretty excited... A little nervous about a few things - but over all excited to finally get "our turn". :woohoo:

I'm here. I was at work when you started yesterday. I'm glad your family is doing well and than V. is enjoying Europe. Hopefully your dad will get used to his smaller place. One good thing is that there's less to clean in a small place.
I'm looking forward to reading more.
Liz

Yay Liz!!! It's great to see you! I hope you are doing well too - and the family. :lovestruc

Yes - I sure hope Dad adjusts soon... There are so many things he is adjusting to, and I hope he is able to come around and enjoy this time with us. He just doesn't understand that his body can't do the things he wants it to do (as we discovered yesterday) and he cannot live without a nursing staff on hand for him. It's tough.

Anyways - I look forward to catching up with all of you again! :lovestruc

So glad that you are getting a chance to go to DLP....how exciting. I would love to go to Germany (finger crossed I go someday) as I was born there (Dad was in the military), but left when I was six months old. My DIS time doesn't feel complete without one of your PTRs or TRs.

That would be so fun for you to be able to visit the place of your birth! I sure hope that one day you do!

Awwwh - thank you! I sure enjoy being here and sharing our Disney life - or sometimes lack there of! :lovestruc

Yay! Another D~ pre-trip report! Following along, and I'm excited the hear about all your planning.

Yay!!! Welcome!!! So happy to have you here! :lovestruc

Following along. I really enjoyed your last TR. I also like hearing about your healthy lifestyle progress. I did my first whole 30 this past spring & im about ready to do another one. I can feel myself slipping into bad habits. Having a little of this & that is getting out of hand. A friend of mine mentioned the fasting thing that you are doing so I might look into that.

Thank you - I am so glad to hear it!

Ahhh - Allison and I are seriously considering doing another W30 in September... I am really struggling with this, as I would love to do one to encourage her - but at the same time, they tend to sabotage me... So, I am really struggling with if I want to just continue on as is, because my success is pretty great right now? :scratchin Or if I should do a W30 and deal with the consequences later?

I love doing IF!!! I did it for a lot of the time when I was losing the most back in 2014/2015... back then, I didn't talk about it much - as it wasn't really "accepted" or understood outside of Paleo circles... Now it's a bit more common place, and many people know about it. I highly recommend reading more at www.leangains.com - it's pretty informative... And when you are eating in a Paleo type way - IF is almost second nature. ::yes:: Let me know if you have any questions - I am always happy to help (or cheer). :)

Hi D~! I'm here to follow along. I've missed your daily updates and I'm looking forward to hearing about your healthy living and the planning for DLP!

Yay!!! It's great seeing you here again!!! :lovestruc I am so looking forward to reconnecting with everyone - it's been a long spring and summer without you all! :lovestruc

Hi D! So many things to celebrate! So glad to follow along on your journey to DLP. Cheering you on as your gain momentum on your personal goals, I love that you don't give up! So awesome. :flower1:

Hey Brenda!!!! Long time no see! :lovestruc I wasn't sure if you were still on The Dis? It's great to see you here (thankfully, I get to keep up with you on FB too...) and following along! Thanks for stopping by! :lovestruc

***********************************************************************************************************

I am still trying to get back into the habit of Dis in the morning... I am certain that it will be easier for me to check in on the weekends than it will during the week... And since this is just a "dinky" 2 day trip to DLP... :scratchin No worries though... I do have plans for another WDW trip - though, that one is a bit of a secret yet. :lmao:

Yesterday was a beautiful day here, I actually headed out quite early for a walk... It was so nice! However - I honestly debated if I needed gloves (in August???!!!!!) - my fingers were starting to get numb from the chill in the air!

64365094-6EEE-47A5-8736-1643C9B0298D.jpg

Then I worked for a while... This last week was a bit crazy, as we are still trying to get Dad settled - so my work schedule was a bit off. All caught up now - and hopefully I can stay that way over the coming weeks. ::yes::

I ran to town to spend some time with Dad... He was pretty fussy yesterday, and had a lot to complain to me about. Which is pretty frustrating for me - as he doesn't understand how much work, effort and agonizing went into this move from my end - or how exhausted we all are from doing it "single-handedly"... This is the 3rd time in a week I've had to go over the same stuff with him again and again... I am starting to wonder to myself if this is going to truly work out at all? Which crushes me a little bit... In the end, I have to stick to my guns though - because I just cannot continue to do that 3 hour drive - and I know, in my heart, that this is what's best for him. It's hard.

I took him out yesterday, which is so nice that I can do that. However, he doesn't realize that his body can't do everything he plans to do, and wants to do. I don't know if that is normal for people as they age? Or if it's just another thing unique to dad that he doesn't understand. Regardless - he wanted to see the river, so we went to a very small park... The amount that he would have to walk to see the river was less than his walk to the dining room at his previous apartment... While we had a very nice little walk - he determined that was something he was unable to do, as he started to over heat and become short of breath... Which is a good realization for him, but still a little frustrating for me - as he has a whole laundry list of things he would like to do (and gets at me for not allowing it) - but his body just can't do it.

Overall - we did manage to recover our day yesterday, and I was able to get a nice picture of us, as well. :lovestruc

A6F14C08-8402-4909-B1BD-C5CE43A3A63F.jpg

And Victoria was able to spend the day in Amsterdam with Brian... She had a great time, and really just feels so much in her element there. It breaks my heart in a way I never imagined - yet at the same time, it makes my heart sing. I love that girl so much and only want happiness for her.

0798BB77-FDDE-49A8-B694-8D55BBA85FCF.png

Today... I am just sitting here drinking my coffee... Over the last few months, I've managed to transition to *almost* black coffee - I've completely ditched the agave (I found out that the insulin reaction to agave is even worse than sugar or grains - and I thought I was doing something healthy for myself all this time... sigh). To be honest - once I gave up the agave in my morning coffee, that's when I was truly able to go Paleo... Essentially - sugar addiction is a powerful thing - and it's entirely possible that the agave in my morning coffee was making me crave sugar throughout the day... Once I gave up the agave, the rest of my food life fell right into place. It's definitely something to give thought to... :scratchin

I am meeting my cousin and my aunt at Dad's house this morning - they are visiting again. Then my cousin and I are supposed to go walking... However, it doesn't look like the best weather - so we may not go? We'll see.

I don't plan on staying at dad's house for long today - I was there yesterday for several hours longer than I had intended, and I have a few things to do here at home... Victoria will be home soon - and I need to get her bedding washed - and to be honest - my house has suffered greatly during this whole "dad moving process" - so I could really do with a whole day of deep cleaning... I may work on some of that today? :scratchin

Anyways - I hope you all have a nice remainder of your weekend. I am not sure how much I will be able to check in during the week, as the times that the Dis is updating is usually during the times that I would update... Sigh. ::yes::

Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Glad to read that things are going well with you and your family! It's great that V is loving her time in Europe with her peeps. I'm sure this time around it's easier for you because she feels comfortable there. Your Dad is so cute! Sounds like he's settling in well except for feeling his apt is small. Since he can still be out and about should help? At least he doesn't have to be cooped up all day. Winter might be a different story. Are there nice common areas where he lives where he can hang out? Is he receptive to taking part in some of the activities? I think your planning for DLP will be so fun - some different rides, restaurants etc. to consider. I'll be following along!

I'm so glad Victoria is having a wonderful time on her trip. I have a cousin who married a Dutch cheese producer and she lives over there and they have a functioning dairy/cheese production operation that is open to tourists. I'd like to visit someday.

You did the right thing by moving your Dad. You really did. Change is hard, and I think it gets harder as we get older. He will adjust and be fine. Hugs!

I'm curious about what you meant that Whole30 sabotages you?

My plans with alyssa got cancelled yesterday - I got to her apartment and suddenly felt terribly dizzy and sick. I rested at her place for a bit but ended up coming back to MIL's house. I was sad to cancel our plans but just felt too sick. I rested the rest of the day and will take it easy again today....Mark and I both start our new jobs tomorrow. Yikes!

Replying on iPad, so I have to make it short- I am so glad to hear V is loving Europe. Is she doing any drawing or painting while she is there? I really hope your Dad continues to adjust and comes to better terms with his situation. Hang in there! I can't believe you thought about wearing gloves in August! I am ready for the weather to cool down here, but I know it won't for a few more months. Oh- before I forget- I knew I saw a Duffy & Shellie May in there! As you know, they are huge here in Japan. They also have Gelatoni the cat and now a purple bunny called Stella Lou. I really want to get Quinn the Stella Lou. I don't know if they will bring them to the US parks, but I know they have them in Hong Kong, so they might be in DLP. Anyway, have a great day!

This is the 3rd time in a week I've had to go over the same stuff with him again and again
Would it help to write things down? My Dad started to lose his short term memory and so I wrote down the things he kept asking. He liked that he could read the answer so he wouldn't have to keep asking.

She had a great time, and really just feels so much in her element there. It breaks my heart in a way I never imagined - yet at the same time, it makes my heart sing.
It's so wonderful to see our kids find things they love, but it's also so hard to let go. I still want my oldest to tell me everything he's up to, but he is too busy living his life, so I have to catch up when he visits.

I am meeting my cousin and my aunt at Dad's house this morning - they are visiting again.
This is one of the many reasons your Dad should be able to settle in quickly. I think he will realize it soon. It's just a big change for him and will take some time to adjust to his new (better) normal.

Looking forward to hearing about DLP. I've never been, and really know nothing about it.

Glad to read that things are going well with you and your family! It's great that V is loving her time in Europe with her peeps. I'm sure this time around it's easier for you because she feels comfortable there. Your Dad is so cute! Sounds like he's settling in well except for feeling his apt is small. Since he can still be out and about should help? At least he doesn't have to be cooped up all day. Winter might be a different story. Are there nice common areas where he lives where he can hang out? Is he receptive to taking part in some of the activities? I think your planning for DLP will be so fun - some different rides, restaurants etc. to consider. I'll be following along!

It is a little easier on me this time... Not only have I been through it before, but she is having an easier time as well - so that makes it easier on me. :lovestruc

Yes, he is... My cousin, aunt and I did some rearranging yesterday - it seemed to open up his apartment a little bit. Hopefully he likes it a bit better? :scratchin

There are, and there are a lot more activities offered in which many more people participate. The thing I noticed about this new place is that there are just a lot more people sitting around in common areas - at his old apartment building, people mostly kept to themselves... So, the atmosphere here is much more a "community", IMO - which I really like for him, as he tends to spend a lot of time to himself if he's allowed. Here is a photo of the entry-way/sitting area... They also have several community rooms and TV areas, which are surprisingly used often by the residents...

0877E067-A385-4568-90A1-99BF617684AE.jpg

I am looking forward to planning DLP too... And some of the other things we'd like to do. ::yes::

I'm so glad Victoria is having a wonderful time on her trip. I have a cousin who married a Dutch cheese producer and she lives over there and they have a functioning dairy/cheese production operation that is open to tourists. I'd like to visit someday.

You did the right thing by moving your Dad. You really did. Change is hard, and I think it gets harder as we get older. He will adjust and be fine. Hugs!

I'm curious about what you meant that Whole30 sabotages you?

My plans with alyssa got cancelled yesterday - I got to her apartment and suddenly felt terribly dizzy and sick. I rested at her place for a bit but ended up coming back to MIL's house. I was sad to cancel our plans but just felt too sick. I rested the rest of the day and will take it easy again today....Mark and I both start our new jobs tomorrow. Yikes!

Oooh - I'd be interested to hear who your Dutch cheese relatives are... I'd love to visit their cheese place (what do you really call that? LOL) while we are there - it would be fun!

I hope so... I know change is hard - but I really thought this would be an easier process... I know, I need to give it time. Someone told me recently (can't remember who) that it takes about 6 months - counting down, believe me. ::yes::

W30 kind of sabotages me because of my "perfectionist" personality... Once I do a W30 - everything else just seems like it's not enough, if that makes any sense? So, after I finish a round, I have a very difficult time doing anything less, even though it's perfectly acceptable and preferred. It won't keep me doing another round in the future, but I just need to be careful - since I tend to be an all or nothing type of person - just the simple fact of going back to Paleo after a W30 is very difficult for me to do. :scratchin

Oh no!!! I hope you are feeling better now. I know you start your new job today - I"ll be thinking of you and sending you lots of pixie dust! You will do great - I know you will!!! :hug:

Replying on iPad, so I have to make it short- I am so glad to hear V is loving Europe. Is she doing any drawing or painting while she is there? I really hope your Dad continues to adjust and comes to better terms with his situation. Hang in there! I can't believe you thought about wearing gloves in August! I am ready for the weather to cool down here, but I know it won't for a few more months. Oh- before I forget- I knew I saw a Duffy & Shellie May in there! As you know, they are huge here in Japan. They also have Gelatoni the cat and now a purple bunny called Stella Lou. I really want to get Quinn the Stella Lou. I don't know if they will bring them to the US parks, but I know they have them in Hong Kong, so they might be in DLP. Anyway, have a great day!

She is doing a bit - though not as much as she had intended... Her and Machteld went and did a tour of the Delft museum a few weeks ago - each of them painted a vase and had it sent to them later... Here is the front and back of V's - I think it's beautiful!

ABE58D20-1428-43C0-9C14-1296549989E7.png

3FE4D47F-EFB0-4363-A332-4065AAD2E4DD.png

I hope so too... It's hard to see him adjust - but for the most part he is happy, so that gives me hope. :lovestruc

I am definitely looking forward to fall and wearing fall clothes... All of my old jeans fit me now - so I am excited to wear them this year without busting out of them. :eek: LOL

That is super cool - not sure I have heard of those characters??? :scratchin I do know that when V was just in the regular TDS in London - she said it was the best Disney store she has ever been in - including WoD at WDW! Almost makes me want to go to London. LOL

It's great to see you Brandi - I've missed catching up. :lovestruc

Would it help to write things down? My Dad started to lose his short term memory and so I wrote down the things he kept asking. He liked that he could read the answer so he wouldn't have to keep asking.

It's so wonderful to see our kids find things they love, but it's also so hard to let go. I still want my oldest to tell me everything he's up to, but he is too busy living his life, so I have to catch up when he visits.

This is one of the many reasons your Dad should be able to settle in quickly. I think he will realize it soon. It's just a big change for him and will take some time to adjust to his new (better) normal.

Looking forward to hearing about DLP. I've never been, and really know nothing about it.

I might have to... Most of his struggle is financial and with his understanding of what he qualifies for - so I am not sure how comfortable I am putting that on paper... Though that is my next step.

It's so hard... And so sad. It's going to break my heart when she goes back - truly it is. Fortunately, when that time comes - we will be in a great financial position and we will be able to visit her and BMTL often... It won't be the same at all, but better than nothing.

I hope so too... I know it will take time for all of us - I just hope that he can settle in.

Me too - LOL... I am afraid that it won't even justify having a PTR. :scratchin LOL

*******************************************************************************************************

Sorry all - I don't have much to update today...

I spent the entire morning cleaning the house... And then I spent the entire day at my Dad's with my Aunt and Cousin... We didn't go for our walk, sadly. But we all enjoyed our visit.

Today is a Target day for me - so I will work out shortly and then I am out the door. :D

Have a great day! Prayers and Pixie Dust to you all! :lovestruc

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!