~~~ Sew, we’re debt FREEEEEEEE!!! And headed to DLP! ~~~ Spring 2018

Couple of days late. but that's what happens when you start on a weekend!

Love you mean it. Thankfully i keep up with you otherwise my poor little brain would have been melted by now.

YEAH...so excited for another PTR for you! Also can't wait to hear about your next "surprise" trip in the works!

So glad you have your dad so much closer now. I'm sure it's nicer to be able to help him out more often, but sorry he's so frustrated with the new living arrangements. Here's hoping he adjusts soon as it does sound like there are many positives about the new place even if the size of his space isn't one of them.

I always love reading your reports. Congratulations on being almost debt free and planning a trip to Europe. I hope to get to Disneyland Paris myself one day.

Your dad's new place looks nice. Hopefully once he settles in, he will start to use the common area so his place won't feel as small.

My life is crazy as usual. We started fostering puppies through the rescue group we adopted our Russell from 6 years ago. It started with a small litter of 3.
Some how 2 weeks ago, we had 2 puppies that didn't get adopted yet, I said I would take a really cute litter of 4. When we went to pick them up it was a litter of 6, so we had 8 foster puppies that we had to keep separate from first litter.

Couple of days late. but that's what happens when you start on a weekend!

Love you mean it. Thankfully i keep up with you otherwise my poor little brain would have been melted by now.

No worries - I knew you'd find it eventually. :lovestruc Miss you my friend!!! Sending hugs - I hope your car situation is getting figured out. :hug:

YEAH...so excited for another PTR for you! Also can't wait to hear about your next "surprise" trip in the works!

So glad you have your dad so much closer now. I'm sure it's nicer to be able to help him out more often, but sorry he's so frustrated with the new living arrangements. Here's hoping he adjusts soon as it does sound like there are many positives about the new place even if the size of his space isn't one of them.

Hehehe... The "surprise trip" is something I am VERY excited for. :woohoo: It's just after the Europe trip... :scratchin

It helps so much having him nearby... I really don't know how we survived having him so far away for so long? I think he will adjust eventually - there is just a LOT for him to have to adjust to. ::yes::

As always - it's great to see you here!!! :hug:

I always love reading your reports. Congratulations on being almost debt free and planning a trip to Europe. I hope to get to Disneyland Paris myself one day.

Awwwh - thank you! We are excited! I sure hope you get there one day too - I can't wait to see it all! :lovestruc

Your dad's new place looks nice. Hopefully once he settles in, he will start to use the common area so his place won't feel as small.

My life is crazy as usual. We started fostering puppies through the rescue group we adopted our Russell from 6 years ago. It started with a small litter of 3.
Some how 2 weeks ago, we had 2 puppies that didn't get adopted yet, I said I would take a really cute litter of 4. When we went to pick them up it was a litter of 6, so we had 8 foster puppies that we had to keep separate from first litter.

It is very nice - much nicer than anywhere I've seen him live in my lifetime... I am thankful I was able to find somewhere so nice for him - he deserves that. :lovestruc

I"ve been watching your puppy saga on FB... LOL I have NO idea how you do it? I think I'd go a little nuts! The girls must love having them though? ::yes::

*********************************************************************************************************

I don't have much to check in on from yesterday...

I am getting anxious to start planning our DLP trip, but I also want to wait until V comes home, so I can pick her brain too. :scratchin

I worked at Target yesterday - it was a decent day... It was so neat to look up from my work, and see Dad come around the corner on his scooter. :lovestruc I stopped to visit him after work, and had my lunch with him at his house... I didn't stay long - but it's just so nice to be able to pop in.

Allison did a double shift last night - so she worked from 6am-11pm, it's a long day for her, but she tries to grab a few extra shifts per week, and it's good for her to get some of her student loans paid off. ::yes::

Josh grilled steaks for dinner last night - those were delicious!

11C10EA0-2938-46D6-8ECB-D34AEBE9BF30.jpg

Today is a heavy lifting day for me...

Dad has an appointment with his new Dr - so I am headed to town this morning to go to the appointment with him... I won't go to all of them - but I just want to show my face, I feel like that helps.

Then I hope to be home by lunch time, so I can put in a few good hours of work upstairs. ::yes::

Wishing you all a wonderful day... Anyone else looking forward to some nice fall weather??? Definitely NOT wishing away summer - but I could go for a cute boots/vest outfit right about now. ::yes:: Prayers and pixie dust to all! :hug:

D~

Hi Dee,

We returned Sunday from our short trip to Colorado to see our daughter and her family. I took a break from the internet as well. I find I can get a lot more done that way. ;)

It is great to read about all the positive things in your life. It must feel great to be back on track with your lifestyle. I love that feeling.

Victoria is growing up fast. That is great that she is a good traveler. It sounds like she is going to miss Europe when she gets back.

Your life has really changed now that your father is so close to you. Imagine having him drive up to you at Target. What a change that is for him. It has to make him feel more secure in his life.

How exciting to go to DLP and all those other wonderful places. You are very lucky to have family in Amsterdam to stay with. My father -in-law was Dutch and so there are a lot of them on his side of the family. :)

Hi D~!

Excited to read about your next trip to Europe and DLP. I will be taking notes when you go to DLP as I hope to make it there in a few years! Can't wait to find out more about your surprise trip too! Nice to see that your dad is closer to you now. I know it will take some time for him to adjust, but I am sure he will adjust and love being so close to you.

We are getting ready for our upcoming trip in a short few weeks. Of course, we still have to book airfare, but we have to figure out where we are flying out of first. DH and I are so excited for this trip - so many firsts for us; Food & Wine, MNSSHP, HDDR, dinner at CRT (on my birthday!). And the really nice part is that it will be paid for by the time we go, just some meals that we will pay OOP. Doing the happy dance!

I may not have time to comment much, but I will be following along. I am excited to have another PTR to read!

I am so late to the party! I was glad to see you all going to DLP! I am sure V will be a great help in planning.

It's also good to hear visiting dad is so convenient! I know how much stress that takes off of you!

Can you have Josh come grill for me? That looks yummy! :)

I am here D! Late, but here! So excited to hear about DLP, and of course, a "surprise" trip. This is going to be so much fun. I have many different trips in Europe on my bucket list, but not until retirement. I will live through you!!

Glad to see those pics of your Dad. The place looks beautiful. Give him some time; I think he will be enjoying all the visit from family and a little more freedom. You are doing an awesome job Dorine.

Your baby girl is doing amazing!! Loved the vase. She is really happy there in Europe, wow, she may be returning sooner than later!!!

Following along!! Hugs always!!!

I"ve been watching your puppy saga on FB... LOL I have NO idea how you do it? I think I'd go a little nuts! The girls must love having them though? ::yes::
They love and hate having the puppies. They were so funny last night dressing the little one in an American girls doll dress.

I worked at Target yesterday - it was a decent day... It was so neat to look up from my work, and see Dad come around the corner on his scooter. :lovestruc I stopped to visit him after work, and had my lunch with him at his house... I didn't stay long - but it's just so nice to be able to pop in.
That is great that he is so close.

If you can, you should go to the first dr appointment at each new dr with your dad. This way your dad can give them permission to keep you informed and you make sure each dr has your dad's whole history. If you haven't already done this, be sure to make a full list of his medicines for each dr.

Sorry I'm late to the party...again! I'm here now and ready to follow along with your next adventure!

Oh, goodness- I love V's pottery. I really like that classic look. She is so talented! I am glad your Dad's new place is an active sort of place. It would be great if he can make some friends and begin to enjoy some activities with them. It sounds like A is really digging in and making headway on her school debt. I know you are very proud of her- that is hard work she is doing, too.

I've been continuing to recover from my surgery. I really need to begin working out as our Hawaii trip is 18 weeks away. I had a naval hernia repaired at the same time as my surgery, so I am a little hesitant to overdo it starting out. My DH has been gone to Rhode Island- a 2 week trip this time and it has done nothing but rain. The girls and I have been getting a bit of cabin fever. Also, something I haven't shared: Quinn was recently diagnosed with a developmental delay in her communication and speech. We have been working with a speech pathologist to help give her more tools with forming words and communicating her needs. It is so frustrating for both of us at times. I am very grateful, though, that the military has given us resources to reach out to and made it very easy to get the help that she needs.

I can't wait to hear about All your Europe plans. I notice that on the Aulani board, people include their entire trips in the TR, not just their time at Aulani, so I think you are justified in including as much as you want to share about Europe in yours! Have a great day, D!

Hi Dee,

We returned Sunday from our short trip to Colorado to see our daughter and her family. I took a break from the internet as well. I find I can get a lot more done that way.

It is great to read about all the positive things in your life. It must feel great to be back on track with your lifestyle. I love that feeling.

Victoria is growing up fast. That is great that she is a good traveler. It sounds like she is going to miss Europe when she gets back.

Your life has really changed now that your father is so close to you. Imagine having him drive up to you at Target. What a change that is for him. It has to make him feel more secure in his life.

How exciting to go to DLP and all those other wonderful places. You are very lucky to have family in Amsterdam to stay with. My father -in-law was Dutch and so there are a lot of them on his side of the family.

Hi Sue!!!! I was hoping you'd find me again... I was going to PM you in a few days if you didn't. ;)

It feels so good!!! It truly does - you know what a struggle this last year has been for me... It's so wonderful to be having progress again! Even though I am still up a bit in lbs, my size is getting close to my smallest - so that makes me happy!

It has completely changed! It's so wonderful having him here, though he seems to be getting more and more upset about the size of his apartment, and I am at a loss of what to do to help him understand that this is just how it is... He NEEDS a nursing staff, so I just can't plunk him into any ol' apartment - ya know? But he doesn't understand that at all, and is quite angry about it. :( I am not sure what my next step should be - short of taking him for a tour of his other options... I hope he comes around soon, because I don't want him to be unhappy and angry.

We are very lucky - and excited to be taking this trip... Mostly excited to spend time with BMTL too! It will be wonderful - if not a bit scary. :scratchin

It's great to see you Sue - I look forward to hearing what is new in your life! :hug:

Hi D~!

Excited to read about your next trip to Europe and DLP. I will be taking notes when you go to DLP as I hope to make it there in a few years! Can't wait to find out more about your surprise trip too! Nice to see that your dad is closer to you now. I know it will take some time for him to adjust, but I am sure he will adjust and love being so close to you.

We are getting ready for our upcoming trip in a short few weeks. Of course, we still have to book airfare, but we have to figure out where we are flying out of first. DH and I are so excited for this trip - so many firsts for us; Food & Wine, MNSSHP, HDDR, dinner at CRT (on my birthday!). And the really nice part is that it will be paid for by the time we go, just some meals that we will pay OOP. Doing the happy dance!

I may not have time to comment much, but I will be following along. I am excited to have another PTR to read!

Hello there old friend!!! How are you???

We are very excited! Lots of great things happening in our lives for sure! I hope I can do justice to DLP - as excited as I am to go see everything over there - it's still not WDW, and that's where my heart is... Hopefully it will tide me over until my next WDW trip. ::yes::

I hope Dad adjusts... As the days go on, I have less and less hope... He just hates his apartment so much, and last night he was angry with Allison for it... I don't mind if he is angry with me - but he has no right to be angry at Allison... She was just crushed. So - I just don't know where to go from here or how to handle it?

Sooo excited for your trip!!! I love doing all of those events in WDW!!! You will have a blast!!! To me, there is no better time of year to go - October/November is about as perfect as a person can get! :lovestruc

Thanks for stopping by and following along! I am so happy to see you here again! :lovestruc

I am so late to the party! I was glad to see you all going to DLP! I am sure V will be a great help in planning.

It's also good to hear visiting dad is so convenient! I know how much stress that takes off of you!

Can you have Josh come grill for me? That looks yummy! :)

Lynn- you are NEVER late to one of my parties! You know that! :lovestruc

I sure hope V can help... I do know that I have no desire to ride the Indiana Jones roller coaster - LOL... I am too old to go upside-down these days. ::yes::

It is so convenient to visit dad - I love that part. I just wish he would be able to enjoy his new apartment, even though it's small, I don't know what I can do for him to make it any better... I am about to throw my hands up and do (I am not sure what)... LOL

Sure can!!! Better yet - you can come on up and he can grill for you here! :lovestruc

I am here D! Late, but here! So excited to hear about DLP, and of course, a "surprise" trip. This is going to be so much fun. I have many different trips in Europe on my bucket list, but not until retirement. I will live through you!!

Glad to see those pics of your Dad. The place looks beautiful. Give him some time; I think he will be enjoying all the visit from family and a little more freedom. You are doing an awesome job Dorine.

Your baby girl is doing amazing!! Loved the vase. She is really happy there in Europe, wow, she may be returning sooner than later!!!

Following along!! Hugs always!!!

You are never late Carol! I know you have been busy! ::yes::

I am interested to hear about your bucket list... Where do you all want to go???

I am trying so hard to give him time, but it's getting more and more frustrating as the days go on... Last night he started yelling at Allison - Allison... The grandchild who goes to visit him almost daily and takes him everywhere with her, she is absolutely not intimidated at all to take him places with his oxygen or his walker... Allison, who has NOTHING to do with any of this - other than loving her grandfather... It breaks my heart that he is THAT unhappy with it... It is small, but it's not unlivable and it's so very nicely done. I am just at my witts end and I have no idea how to deal with it further - other than throwing my hands up and telling him to find somewhere better. I know that sounds terrible, but I just don't know what else to do? He just doesn't understand at all that he cannot live without a nursing staff on hand, so I just cannot plunk him into any old apartment... He has to have care. I'd love some advice here Carol (or anyone)... I am definitely staying away today, because I'd probably make it worse - I am so emotional right now that he took it out on Allison, and of course, she was heartbroken, but handled it like a champ.

They love and hate having the puppies. They were so funny last night dressing the little one in an American girls doll dress.

That is great that he is so close.

If you can, you should go to the first dr appointment at each new dr with your dad. This way your dad can give them permission to keep you informed and you make sure each dr has your dad's whole history. If you haven't already done this, be sure to make a full list of his medicines for each dr.

Hahaha... I remember when MM was a puppy and my girls dressed him in their doll clothes and gave him a bottle... I have a picture around here somewhere. He was very unimpressed. LOL

I love having him so close - it sure is nice. I just hope he settles in soon.

I am definitely trying, and that is my goal. I was there for yesterday's, and that was good - this assisted living apartment has their own set of Doctors that come right to the apartments, so the residents don't have to go out... This is an optional thing - but it was so slick... And they sure seem to be on top of their game. Still a few kinks to be worked out, but we are getting there. :) We were able to get dad's insulin straightened out - which was a big stress for him over the last week, so that is a plus. ::yes::

Sorry I'm late to the party...again! I'm here now and ready to follow along with your next adventure!

Ha!!! You are never late to one of my parties! :woohoo: Welcome!!! So happy to see you here! :lovestruc

Oh, goodness- I love V's pottery. I really like that classic look. She is so talented! I am glad your Dad's new place is an active sort of place. It would be great if he can make some friends and begin to enjoy some activities with them. It sounds like A is really digging in and making headway on her school debt. I know you are very proud of her- that is hard work she is doing, too.

I've been continuing to recover from my surgery. I really need to begin working out as our Hawaii trip is 18 weeks away. I had a naval hernia repaired at the same time as my surgery, so I am a little hesitant to overdo it starting out. My DH has been gone to Rhode Island- a 2 week trip this time and it has done nothing but rain. The girls and I have been getting a bit of cabin fever. Also, something I haven't shared: Quinn was recently diagnosed with a developmental delay in her communication and speech. We have been working with a speech pathologist to help give her more tools with forming words and communicating her needs. It is so frustrating for both of us at times. I am very grateful, though, that the military has given us resources to reach out to and made it very easy to get the help that she needs.

I can't wait to hear about All your Europe plans. I notice that on the Aulani board, people include their entire trips in the TR, not just their time at Aulani, so I think you are justified in including as much as you want to share about Europe in yours! Have a great day, D!

Yes - I loved V's vase too - it turned out pretty fantastic! I sure hope it's something that she treasures for a long time!

I am getting less and less hopeful about dad ever settling in or enjoying living here - it seems as the days go on, it's less and less likely... We'll have a few great days - then a super grumpy day... then a couple more great ones... I sure hope the grumpy days get fewer and fewer between. ::yes:: As I am just about ready to cry... If you read above - he took it out on Allison last night, and that frustrates me more than anything... And of course, Allison was a champ about it - then took him to the library and out for ice cream... She is SO EXCITED to have him here to spend time with him and to hear that he was yelling at her for something that she had no control over, just breaks my heart. I am trying so hard to give him time... Sigh. I just don't know what to do.

Definitely go easy, my friend!!! You don't want to take any steps backwards - I know it must be so hard just to let yourself heal, but know that you will come out stronger for it. :hug:

Yikes on the cabin fever/rain/DH gone... I remember when Josh was in Iraq - we still lived in our old house, which only had a window air conditioner in our bedroom - we went through a terrible 2.5 week heat wave in August, and literally the girls (who were 4 & 5 at the time) and I lived in our bedroom for the duration... We've leave long enough to make meals - and even my steadfast rule of "all meals must be eaten at the table" was OUT - as we were eating in bed. It was the longest almost 3 weeks ever... but we made the most of it. I taught them how to make friendship bracelets, and we sat there in my bed, with the bracelets taped to a box, and we braided bracelets for weeks - while we watched Disney movies and napped... All of us look back on that time as an adventure - and surprisingly the girls remember it well. Get creative, my friend... Camp indoors... Build some blanket forts... Roast marshmallows in the microwave... I dunno - try to make something fun of it. :hug: Praying your DH will be home soon and the rain goes away. ::yes::

I am so happy you are able to easily get the help you need for Quinn... I am sure it is frustrating - but also a relief that she has a diagnosis and can get help. We were just talking about this yesterday - as my Dad has a learning disability - back in "the day" people who didn't learn like the rest were labeled as "mentally retarded" and pretty much sent home because they were beyond learning - which is so unfortunate, as Dad still struggles greatly today (a BIG part of the reason I am having a hard time getting him to understand his living situation) and I honestly think that had he been born 50 years later, his life could have been a very different life for him, as now-a-days, things like that are illegal. I commend you greatly for seeking out and finding the help that Quinn needs and hopefully she is caught up in no time and things will be much easier for her later. :hug:

That is good to know... It will be a much more fun and interesting report if I can include the whole trip. :scratchin And much more exciting for me too... Though 17 days - yikes - that is going to take me FOREVER to write. LOL

******************************************************************************************************

Yesterday was such an upside-down day for me...

I did my heavy lifting right away... I've been working very hard lately to get deeper on my squats - so it makes my lifting pretty intense!

Then I got ready and headed to Dad's for his Dr appointment... I was excited to "show my Disney side" yesterday... I contemplated wearing my Dot Vans - but I thought that a little much. ::yes:: (Ignore my living room mess... )

514E0E81-9BAC-43CD-9503-4CC5DD96AB76.jpg

Dad's Dr visit went well - we were able to get a lot of clarification, and hopefully some of the things that have been worrying dad are settled. He was in a fantastic mood while I was there, and I was super optimistic about his future there when I left.

I also had to run errands in town, so I stopped at several places... I was finally home at 1pm! Phew! Then I realized I forgot to put the roast in the crock pot - so, I opted for the oven instead.

By the time I had lunch and got upstairs to work, it was 1:30! It's so weird to get up there so late - I was worried that I wouldn't be able to settle in, as you all know - I am SO routine driven. But I just sat down and did what needed to be done - I made great progress and it all worked out.

I did my monthly weigh in yesterday - I didn't lose very much over the last month, but I did lose size... So far, since the end of May, I have lost 2/3 of what I gained last year! I am super happy with that, and finally starting to feel more like myself. If I could just give up my night time bowl of berries & nuts... Ahhhh, but a girl still has to live and enjoy life a little, right? LOL

Hmmm... What else? :scratchin

I started reading the next book in the latest series I am reading... I completely finished The Outlander series early this summer (HIGHLY recommend)... I read the 2 books in the Ken Follett Pilars of the Earth series over mid-summer... Now I am on the 4th book in the Poldark series by Winston Graham... Good decent books, but nothing so far compares to The Outlander series. ::yes::

Today... I will work out here shortly... Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred is on my menu.

Then I will work upstairs all day.

I have no plans to go to town at all... I need a breather from Dad today, as I am still pretty frustrated about him being angry with Allison last night (wrote about it above in some of my replies)...

Lunch will be zoodles with leftover bacon wrapped chicken...

Not sure what's for dinner at all? I'll find something good. ::yes::

I hope you all have a fantastic day!!! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

But he doesn't understand that at all, and is quite angry about it. :( I am not sure what my next step should be - short of taking him for a tour of his other options... I hope he comes around soon, because I don't want him to be unhappy and angry.
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, especially how he treated Allison. At this point it seems as if he is reacting irrationally to the situation, which makes it impossible to reason with him. I would guess that there is more than just the size of the apartment bothering him. He had a big move and a lot of changes, plus he is in a dependent state, which always makes someone feel helpless. He lashes out at the people who love him because that feels safe.

Is there a counseling staff member at his residence to help deal with depression or other adjustment issues? I would think that some of his reactions are common among people in his situation. My aunt is in a place like that and all the residents spend a lot of time complaining. I think he needs to come to terms with the idea that he is in a good place where the disadvantages of the size of the room are outweighed by the closeness of his family. I wish you luck. You did your best and there is no guarantee he would be happy somewhere else.

I did my monthly weigh in yesterday - I didn't lose very much over the last month, but I did lose size... So far, since the end of May, I have lost 2/3 of what I gained last year! I am super happy with that, and finally starting to feel more like myself. If I could just give up my night time bowl of berries & nuts... Ahhhh, but a girl still has to live and enjoy life a little, right? LOL
You are doing great! :)

I'm late to the party too. Glad to see you've started a new PTR. How exciting! Glad Victoria has been enjoying her trip and hasn't been homesick.

I am also having issues with my father, 88 next month. He fell in Feb. while we were in Florida and hit his head. He went to the hospital to get checked out and went home the same day, but hasn't been the same. His mind has always been so sharp and we noticed some confusion and repeating of the same things over and over when we call him each day. Anyway he fell in his basement last month and just said he wanted to go home to die as he felt terrible. I just said it's not up to him. This time they recommended transitional care which helped him gain so much strength, but I think the confusion is getting worse. I'm sure a nursing home is in his future even though he says no. He didn't even want transitional care but I told him he wasn't going home, so he said he'd try. It's so hard to deal with so I know what you're going through. It sounds like a great option for your dad and for you to be so close by. It'll be hard for him to adjust as he's probably set in his ways, but give him some time. Good for Alison in still taking him out and not letting his yelling get to her too much. Maybe her new job helps her deal with him better.

Great job on getting back on track with your eating. I wish I could get back on track too. I've gained back some of the weight I had lost before I retired and it's so frustrating. I've always just cut back my eating and exercised more, but I'm finding I just don't want to exercise when it's warm. At least I can still get out and walk. Now that's it cooler I've started exercising again. I love the pictures of your progress and wanted to let you know you're an inspiration to me.

Thanks for the picture of your Dad's place - it looks so nice! I think it's human nature to eventually adjust to our surroundings. It's great he can get out and around. Maybe because he doesn't like the size of his apt, that will give him the push to get out and socialize, take part in activities or ?? Unacceptable to lash out at your DD but probably good to give him a pass this time around since he's still adjusting to his new situation. Seems like she's following a good path - she sounds like a natural with handling the elderly. Don't lose sight of the fact you did the right thing with moving him. It's inevitable that he'll have a health situation pop up and it will be so much easier on all concerned that you're close by.

Yes, please include ALL your planning! Normandy is definitely on my list of places to visit. Will you have time to spend time at the American Cemetery?

P.S. You look fabulous!

• I'm sorry your dad is having such a hard time adjusting to his new apartment. From your pictures, it looks really nice. It's too bad that Allison had to take the brunt of his anger yesterday. I'd stay away today, too. Hopefully he will eventually get used to living there but I'm wondering if something else is going on that is adding to his anger.
  • Congrats on losing the weigh and size. You look really good in your pictures.
  • My daughter and I have gotten back to geocaching after taking some time off from it. There weren't any new caches in the area but now there are. We like walking in the woods so we do those types.
  • about the same. Our store manager stepped down and we're getting a new one soon I haven't met him yet. I do know he's from the Columbus area.
  • We're still walking 5k's and have one the end of the month.
  • Have a good day
  • Liz

Good morning Dorine. I wanted to chime in a little bit about your Dad. I know you are very frustrated and feel hurt that you worked so hard and wanted your Dad to like his new place and be comfortable with it. But, for some reason, when our parents age they start to act more like children especially the terrible two's stage. I second the post about seeing if there was a counselor or geriatric specialist at his facility. The people at the assisted living place for mom were fantastic and helped me so much, even helping me with the difficult transition to the memory care facility. You might talk to the director of his place. It would be a big help if they had one, but expect your Dad to still have his moments. If he is getting angry at Allison then yes you don't need to sweep this under the rug and just hope, I think you need to be proactive. If his unhappiness and anger continues, maybe you should take some tours of other facilities with him. Either he would like one better, and feel like he had more say so in the matter, or realize his place is pretty good. You can email or PM me any time, I know personally how hard this is. I think right now a third party would be your best help.

So excited to be following along with this PTR!! And yes you should include as much of Europe as you like. I want to see so many regions of Italy, and I want to visit Barcelona, and you are going to be a big bucket list of mine, Normandy. I absolutely love history.

Take care of yourself Dorine!!! (You look amazing). Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Inspired this morning by reading about your health journey! Congrats on your health and financial successes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter