SF weather in June

MPHARJ

DIS Veteran
What can we expect the weather to be like around June 15th? I have heard that it is colder than other CA area's and since we are heading to DL afterwards I want to make sure we pack the proper clothing. Thanks.

We always take layers that include a lined wind breaker style jacket.

Mark Twain's famous quote:
The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco (not exact on the wording, but the jist of it is there):)

Most likely pretty darn cold! :) Well, it's all relative I guess. You almost can never go wrong here in jeans... I usually wear jeans, flip flops, short sleeve shirt, and sweater of some sort. Layering is key, so you can remove if it gets a warmer. Almost no one here ever wears shorts, except tourists!:lmao: They can often be seen down at the wharf freezing to death! You just don't expect it to be chilly in the summer. (However, if you are venturing outside the city, the weather can get quite warm.)

We are going to be in the 70's this week! Yeah!! Warm for us. But last week we were at the playground and I had to put on some real shoes and a coat, it was maybe in the 50's. It can be a bit unpredictable, but most likely will not be "hot".

Check the weather if you can, but if you're packing for DL, you can probably wear your short sleeves from there, bring a pair of jeans, and a light sweater or jacket. Since I see you're from PA, you won't be feeezing like folks from FL would be.

Enjoy! If you need any more SF info, just let me know!

I never wear anything but jeans in SF. LOL It's just too cold for me, and I grew up in the mountains of Oregon! Definitely layer and wear jeans or pants of some kind, you will be cold otherwise.

June 2003 was coolish and June 2006 was gloriously warm no idea what this year will be like!

Claire ;)

The mornings are usually overcast and the sun usually comes out mid morning/afternoon. It usually starts to get windy around 3pm and the clouds come back before sunset. When the wind picks up in the afternoon it can be chilly, but for the most part...the afternoons are really nice to out by the beach and in Marin.

Walk across the Golden Gate bridge by 11am, have a picnic lunch down crissy field or palace of fine arts and go to the exploratorium. FUN FUN DAY!

Last summer we visited family in Los Gatos (about an hour south of SF) where it was 85 degrees every day. We went into San Francisco one day to explore Fisherman's Wharf and do the touristy stuff, and it was foggy, windy, and cold. Even when the fog lifted, it was cool. We needed sweatshirts. But once we got out of the city, it was hot. :confused3

We always take layers that include a lined wind breaker style jacket.

Mark Twain's famous quote:
The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco (not exact on the wording, but the jist of it is there):)

Darn it you beat me to it. That was the firat thing that came to mind for me.:rotfl:

Michele

The weather is Sna Francisco can also be extremely hot in June. I live 45 miles away. Just yesterday it was 92 in San Francisco. I say layers and play it by ear.

Michele

Yep... weather update... Check the forecast before you go!! We had two days in the 90's last week (that's right, the 90's... fun without air conditioning!). Although that is extremely rare... 2 days later I wore a sweater, capris and flip flops, was chilly, went out that night without thinking and it was 50!!! My toes about froze off. Yikes. Layers, layers, check the forecast! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter