SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Servicemembers (or otherwise eligible) can sponsor 3* rooms as well, https://www.shadesofgreen.org/accommodations/eligibility so yes can book more than one room. ;)

I've booked 2 or 3 rooms on several stays, but have never found a way through the online reservation system to put all on the same booking, so have ended up booking each separately and then noting all confirmation numbers when checking in.

So if you were able to book all on the same reservation let me know for a future booking, as maybe they've updated the online system to allow it. Good luck!

Not really a SOG question but more or a military discount question... with memory maker do I just purchase this at guest services on my first park day?

I tried to read back and find the answer but there are a lot of pages!

If staying at SoG do you get to book fast passes at 60 days or only 30? If we have magic bands from a previous trip can we still use them since we wouldn’t get new ones if staying at SOG? Also, eligible for EMH right? Not eligible for charging to room and sending packages to resort? Just want to make sure I have all the right info! Thinking of booking a Sept room.

If staying at SoG do you get to book fast passes at 60 days or only 30? If we have magic bands from a previous trip can we still use them since we wouldn’t get new ones if staying at SOG? Also, eligible for EMH right? Not eligible for charging to room and sending packages to resort? Just want to make sure I have all the right info! Thinking of booking a Sept room.
You will have to link your SOG reservation to My Disney Experience. This will take a day or two before the MDE system will accept your res #, so don't worry if it doesn't work the first time. But keep checking back, especially right before your 60 day FP+ window, because it tends to kick your reservation out. Simply re-enter your SOG res # and it will relink. Total pain. BUT I've found once I have that in there and made 60 day FP+ I didn't have any further issues w/ FP+. Yes eligible for EMH and the new EEMH (ha)...you're right, cannot charge to room or packages to resort, can use MBs if you purchase or have from previous trips.
I stayed at SOG last Sept and this past Jan as well.

Oh one more thing - has anyone used uber/lyft from SOG to parks? Pretty easy?
Used Lyft (non Minnie van) from to/from MCO for SOG and also from SOG to DHS on an early entry AP event, it was like $7 and very worth it. They will be allowed to come up to the bell services type area when dropping off or picking up.

Has anyone ever had this happen with MDE....

We have our SOG reservation linked in MDE. Then today I went in to link our Salute tickets/vouchers in MDE. I was able to get everything linked and assigned with no issue. Once the tickets were linked and I go to look at our “plans” suddenly we have a balance showing ($1,988.16.) Our SOG reservation is only $616, and our vouchers are paid for. The only other thing we have done is a ADR for Be Our Guest. I am guessing this is just a glitch in the system, but I wanted to check and see if anyone else has experienced this. I tried to call Disney, but the wait time is super long right now.

You will have to link your SOG reservation to My Disney Experience. This will take a day or two before the MDE system will accept your res #, so don't worry if it doesn't work the first time. But keep checking back, especially right before your 60 day FP+ window, because it tends to kick your reservation out. Simply re-enter your SOG res # and it will relink. Total pain. BUT I've found once I have that in there and made 60 day FP+ I didn't have any further issues w/ FP+. Yes eligible for EMH and the new EEMH (ha)...you're right, cannot charge to room or packages to resort, can use MBs if you purchase or have from previous trips.
I stayed at SOG last Sept and this past Jan as well.

Used Lyft (non Minnie van) from to/from MCO for SOG and also from SOG to DHS on an early entry AP event, it was like $7 and very worth it. They will be allowed to come up to the bell services type area when dropping off or picking up.

Thanks so much for your help! We’ve never stayed here before but it looks like my husband would be eligible for Sept and considering a trip to check out SWGE and a few other things! It’s really a great price compared to the deluxe resorts in the area. Thinking of renting a car or doing uber/lyft since to ME! Glad we could reuse magicbands.

I have an AP until Nov but would E be able to purchase tickets for my husband and son from SOG? Are they discounted at all or just the same as buying from Disney? Obviously would need to purchase ahead of time to make FPS.

Thanks so much for your help! We’ve never stayed here before but it looks like my husband would be eligible for Sept and considering a trip to check out SWGE and a few other things! It’s really a great price compared to the deluxe resorts in the area. Thinking of renting a car or doing uber/lyft since to ME! Glad we could reuse magicbands.

I have an AP until Nov but would E be able to purchase tickets for my husband and son from SOG? Are they discounted at all or just the same as buying from Disney? Obviously would need to purchase ahead of time to make FPS.

I absolutely LOVE SOG, DH and I honeymooned there while I was ADAF, and I've been 3 times since, with and without kids, and it's always just so relaxing. Proximity to the Poly is unbeatable. We've driven in from MCO and the $9/day parking is cheaper than anywhere else as far as that goes, so might be worth having a car. If you have an AP and prefer to drive to parks, then that's something to think about too.

I have been able to take advantage of the veterans benefit of staying there AND purchasing tickets. I traveled last Sept w/ my brother, and was able to purchase an AP voucher for him at the SOG rate, and were still able to get his FP+ etc at 60 days, as I also already had an AP. The ticketing office is a big help but be sure you have your questions organized. Their answer has always been to me that "if you're eligible to stay here -and are staying here- you can use the ticket office as an eligible guest." but there was an exception to this, as I couldn't buy the salute the troops PH passes...but could get MNSSHP tickets (30 days out) at the military rate. I would say check the website ( https://www.shadesofgreen.org/appli...447/Walt_Disney_World_Ticket_Price_List_2.pdf ) and give the ticket office a call, they can walk you through specifics...I also bet someone else on here will know more about other ticket options.

I'm hoping to go this Sept again too and my AP expired. So now I'm playing the Disney Math/Justification game for whether it's worth the savings in tax on the AP to stay/buy at SOG for me to have to take an Uber/Lyft to and from MCO, etc etc etc lol

I absolutely LOVE SOG, DH and I honeymooned there while I was ADAF, and I've been 3 times since, with and without kids, and it's always just so relaxing. Proximity to the Poly is unbeatable. We've driven in from MCO and the $9/day parking is cheaper than anywhere else as far as that goes, so might be worth having a car. If you have an AP and prefer to drive to parks, then that's something to think about too.

I have been able to take advantage of the veterans benefit of staying there AND purchasing tickets. I traveled last Sept w/ my brother, and was able to purchase an AP voucher for him at the SOG rate, and were still able to get his FP+ etc at 60 days, as I also already had an AP. The ticketing office is a big help but be sure you have your questions organized. Their answer has always been to me that "if you're eligible to stay here -and are staying here- you can use the ticket office as an eligible guest." but there was an exception to this, as I couldn't buy the salute the troops PH passes...but could get MNSSHP tickets (30 days out) at the military rate. I would say check the website ( https://www.shadesofgreen.org/appli...447/Walt_Disney_World_Ticket_Price_List_2.pdf ) and give the ticket office a call, they can walk you through specifics...I also bet someone else on here will know more about other ticket options.

I'm hoping to go this Sept again too and my AP expired. So now I'm playing the Disney Math/Justification game for whether it's worth the savings in tax on the AP to stay/buy at SOG for me to have to take an Uber/Lyft to and from MCO, etc etc etc lol

Thanks this helps!!

Anyone have experience with a date showing booked then opening later? Was thinking 9/26-10/1 but the 26th doesn’t appear to be available.

Has anyone ever had this happen with MDE....

We have our SOG reservation linked in MDE. Then today I went in to link our Salute tickets/vouchers in MDE. I was able to get everything linked and assigned with no issue. Once the tickets were linked and I go to look at our “plans” suddenly we have a balance showing ($1,988.16.) Our SOG reservation is only $616, and our vouchers are paid for. The only other thing we have done is a ADR for Be Our Guest. I am guessing this is just a glitch in the system, but I wanted to check and see if anyone else has experienced this. I tried to call Disney, but the wait time is super long right now.

My account shows a large balance too. I just ignored it and assumed it was a glitch.

So to link a reservation to MDE you just take the confirmation number they sent in the email right (from SOG)? I tried yesterday and today and both say it cannot be found.

So to link a reservation to MDE you just take the confirmation number they sent in the email right (from SOG)? I tried yesterday and today and both say it cannot be found.
Yes, but it can take a day or two, I'd say check again tomorrow or Tuesday. And keep the email handy, you will likely have to relink a couple of times

Yes, but it can take a day or two, I'd say check again tomorrow or Tuesday. And keep the email handy, you will likely have to relink a couple of times

I think mine took about a week before I was able to link, but this was last December (for a trip this coming December), so we didn't need it to link urgently.

I think mine took about a week before I was able to link, but this was last December (for a trip this coming December), so we didn't need it to link urgently.

Thanks! I was getting worried because the error I get says “it may take up to 24hrs” and it’s been over that! This isn’t urgent as it’s a Sept trip so I will keep trying.

Thanks! I was getting worried because the error I get says “it may take up to 24hrs” and it’s been over that! This isn’t urgent as it’s a Sept trip so I will keep trying.
My guess is it's something with syncing the SOG reservations system maybe only on "duty days" or something insane. Combining "military logic" and "Disney logic"....that's just asking for it. ;) haha

You can have packages sent to SOG from the parks. We have done this multiple times and it helps out so much!

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I got 2 emails today saying my fast passes for 2 days I am staying at SOG are going to be cancelled by tomorrow if i didn't link a new ticket or a new reservation number. I am staying 4 nights at Beach Club and 3 nights at SOG the first week of June. I called DSS and was told there is some glitch happening with SOG reservations and fasspasses and it's being looked into by IT. If my passes should happen to fall off then I can call and they will put them back on. Just thought I would share this info in case anyone else gets those emails.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I got 2 emails today saying my fast passes for 2 days I am staying at SOG are going to be cancelled by tomorrow if i didn't link a new ticket or a new reservation number. I am staying 4 nights at Beach Club and 3 nights at SOG the first week of June. I called DSS and was told there is some glitch happening with SOG reservations and fasspasses and it's being looked into by IT. If my passes should happen to fall off then I can call and they will put them back on. Just thought I would share this info in case anyone else gets those emails.
@jeff_h ^^^^^

Same happened to me. Called and fixed it yesterday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter