SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

In case anyone with reservations doesn't get an email, Shades of Green just announced on their website they are now closed until August 12.

https://www.shadesofgreen.org/your-stay/travel-information-covid-19-update*Update July 8th, 2020

Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic in the state of Florida, Shades of Green will remain closed until August 12th, 2020. If you currently have a reservation you will be receiving an email from our Reservations Team. Thank you for patience in this matter. Please stay safe and healthy.

Thanks for the update, I have a reservation in Nov, but did not get the email as presumably, I am not affected, but we'll see. That date keeps getting pushed back.

Thanks for the update, I have a reservation in Nov, but did not get the email as presumably, I am not affected, but we'll see. That date keeps getting pushed back.
They're usually pretty good with communication, I'm thinking since we fall just outside their range of cancelation we won't get one. We are booked there for August 15, so a little too close for comfort, am thinking might be time to start thinking of a backup plan for that part of our trip. Maybe we'll move over to one of the Disney Springs hotels.
Hopefully by November things will be much better!

Since disney is starting 2020 ticket sales tomorrow, do y'all think military tickets will be back on sale? we need some tickets for Feb 2021

Yep, glad I cancelled last week! We would have received a refund anyway had they cancelled us, but I did feel it was best just not to go. I wonder what WDW in general is going to do. We still have these tickets to use next year.

Tickets, I haven't heard anything on sales yet for those who still need them.

SOG just called me to confirm our 1-night stay in mid-August which is a few days after they are scheduled to open. I wonder if they are trying to gauge who is still coming or if this means they plan to reopen for sure?

We have three rooms Nov 15-20 which we will be cancelling. We have a two week (b2b) cruise scheduled Nov 1 and Nov 8 and we're cancelling all of it. Prob going to reschedule next year or even 2022. Haven't decided yet.

I have SOG reservations 12-17 Aug. Yesterday I called SOG
and the reservations department told me they expect to open on 12 August as planned. FYI, Poly opening (non-DVD) was just changed from 12 Aug to Oct.

I have SOG reservations 12-17 Aug. Yesterday I called SOG
and the reservations department told me they expect to open on 12 August as planned. FYI, Poly opening (non-DVD) was just changed from 12 Aug to Oct.
Thank you for the update!
We were supposed to be at the Poly for three nights and then at SOG for 8/15 for one night and I was kind of worried SOG might push back their opening again.

How ironic, this morning my DH received the ticket order form and we called to cancel this evening.

Ok, so the hotel has been open for a few days... has anyone been? How crowded is it? Anything on site open like the exchange or food? The pools open? For how long? Are the buses for Shades specifically running? Just curious for an update, we'll be there in Nov.

Ok, so the hotel has been open for a few days... has anyone been? How crowded is it? Anything on site open like the exchange or food? The pools open? For how long? Are the buses for Shades specifically running? Just curious for an update, we'll be there in Nov.
We stayed on 8/15 for one night, very quiet. Our room was ready at 10:30 a.m. when we popped over after checking out of our WDW room. Staff seemed pretty happy to be back and extremely welcoming.

We didn't go to the parks that day and opted to play mini-golf and chill in the pool(s), but I did see buses running throughout the week while we were on property. Mill Pond Pool was open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and the Magnolia Pool from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.

The exchange is open, along with the coffee shop, Manginos and the take out that's in the lobby downstairs next to Manginos. Garden Gallery and, as far as I can tell, Evergreens are closed. Not sure about the place near the bus stop since we didn't go down there, but I suspect they are closed . They weren't listed in the paper given to us at check-in (they are doing the QR menu thing too like WDW).

Ticket office was open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and they are still doing the sign in the tablet/text you when ready system. The difference is the tablet has been pushed into the lobby area and only 2 people per party are allowed in the ticket office.

It was only one night but was a great stay.

I saw on the website that the Garden Gallery, Evergreens, and the Express place by the bus stop (whose name I never remember) are all closed, but our family is really liking the look of the greatly expanded menu for the Bistro to Go, and that it now also covers breakfast and lunch! (Although we are sad that there are no sweet potato fries to be found, which we could only get at Evergreens before anyways)

I saw on the website that the Garden Gallery, Evergreens, and the Express place by the bus stop (whose name I never remember) are all closed, but our family is really liking the look of the greatly expanded menu for the Bistro to Go, and that it now also covers breakfast and lunch! (Although we are sad that there are no sweet potato fries to be found, which we could only get at Evergreens before anyways)
Bistro to Go! (I couldn't remember their name or the other place, lol). I didn't realize Bistro did breakfast too since we had an early flight and left SOG around 6:45 a.m., that's awesome. We enjoyed the lunch and dinner we got there.

I ordered the military promotional advanced tickets and received actual tickets. I'm used to getting the paper vouchers when we get them on base. Does this mean we don't have stop at Guest Services before entering the park?

I ordered the military promotional advanced tickets and received actual tickets. I'm used to getting the paper vouchers when we get them on base. Does this mean we don't have stop at Guest Services before entering the park?
I'm assuming you ordered from SoG? If so, it's been reported those already come activated now, so you'd be good to go.

I got my military tickets the last two years through SOG. They sent real tickets and we did not need to activate them or do anything with them. That wasn't completely different than what we received from our base MWR/ITT ticket office which were just paper vouchers that we needed to take to guest services.

We stopped in at SOG last week (8/19) in the morning to pick up park tickets that I had ordered the previous week but not in time to have them shipped. They were left at the front desk for me. The whole process was a bit crazy and stressful...but it's done. Yes we got hard tickets that were activated but I was able to have them email me the ticket numbers ahead of time to add them to MDE account and make park reservations.

Since we were driving over to SOG on our way from breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe, we stopped at the front gate where they did a temperature check for both of us (me and DH in the passenger side) before letting us through. We parked and walked into a very empty lobby...and picked up our tickets. We stopped in the general store there for some water...and did notice the pool was open too. We saw the new line for the ticket office as well and we hit the ATM. Then we left and headed to Hollywood Studios.

I will say since we stayed at Wilderness Lodge for 3 nights, we felt entirely safe there with all of the precautions being taken. I only noticed the new plexiglass at the front desk...didn't really do much walking around but I think we would stay there in the future if that's what needed to happen.

We stopped in at SOG last week (8/19) in the morning to pick up park tickets that I had ordered the previous week but not in time to have them shipped. They were left at the front desk for me. The whole process was a bit crazy and stressful...but it's done. Yes we got hard tickets that were activated but I was able to have them email me the ticket numbers ahead of time to add them to MDE account and make park reservations.

Since we were driving over to SOG on our way from breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe, we stopped at the front gate where they did a temperature check for both of us (me and DH in the passenger side) before letting us through. We parked and walked into a very empty lobby...and picked up our tickets. We stopped in the general store there for some water...and did notice the pool was open too. We saw the new line for the ticket office as well and we hit the ATM. Then we left and headed to Hollywood Studios.

I will say since we stayed at Wilderness Lodge for 3 nights, we felt entirely safe there with all of the precautions being taken. I only noticed the new plexiglass at the front desk...didn't really do much walking around but I think we would stay there in the future if that's what needed to happen.
Glad your ticket situation worked out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter