SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

What’s the best way to get to Hollywood Studios from Shades of Green early enough to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance?

What’s the best way to get to Hollywood Studios from Shades of Green early enough to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance?

We uber'ed...but, honestly, you just need to be in the park before the opening time. We were rope dropping slinky dog as well and didn't want to be in the back of the pack.

Reactions: mog
Hi everyone... It's been a few years since I've stayed at SOG, and we didn't have the 60 day fast passes at that time so these things didn't matter then. I have a question that I've searched for with no luck, so hoping someone can help me with it...

We have reservations for two rooms in October and I'm trying to link my reservation in MDE. I got the rooms linked, but both rooms have my name as one of the guests. It asked me to link other guests, but only allowed me to do one guest per room and before I knew I was already there. (Right now one room lists me, my sister, and two blank guests; and room 2 has me twice and blank guests for my family.)

Is this something I need to fix before Dining and Fastpasses come up? How would I fix it, do I need to call? Thanks in advance!

When we were there in dec with 6 am opening SOG ran the first bus I believe 45 minutes before opening which got us in the park before op

I can't remember - does the Shades of Green bus go just directly to HS? I was thinking some of their busses were combined and went more than one place.

Hi everyone... It's been a few years since I've stayed at SOG, and we didn't have the 60 day fast passes at that time so these things didn't matter then. I have a question that I've searched for with no luck, so hoping someone can help me with it...

We have reservations for two rooms in October and I'm trying to link my reservation in MDE. I got the rooms linked, but both rooms have my name as one of the guests. It asked me to link other guests, but only allowed me to do one guest per room and before I knew I was already there. (Right now one room lists me, my sister, and two blank guests; and room 2 has me twice and blank guests for my family.)

Is this something I need to fix before Dining and Fastpasses come up? How would I fix it, do I need to call? Thanks in advance!

The rooms will both have to have the service member/sponsor's name on them. That does mean that you may not be able to list everyone in the room on the actual reservation in MDE. That's okay - as long as you are all connected on the app you will be able to make FP reservations at 60 days for all of you - even the one or 2 that can't be listed on the room reservation. I know it sounds weird but I've done it every year since they allowed SOG to have 60 days and it works! I go without my husband, so he is listed on both rooms which means all of the rest of us that go can't be, but trust me, you will be able to make the FP. Just be sure you are all "friends" on the MDE app!

The rooms will both have to have the service member/sponsor's name on them. That does mean that you may not be able to list everyone in the room on the actual reservation in MDE. That's okay - as long as you are all connected on the app you will be able to make FP reservations at 60 days for all of you - even the one or 2 that can't be listed on the room reservation. I know it sounds weird but I've done it every year since they allowed SOG to have 60 days and it works! I go without my husband, so he is listed on both rooms which means all of the rest of us that go can't be, but trust me, you will be able to make the FP. Just be sure you are all "friends" on the MDE app!

Thank you so much! :)

Reactions: mog

Hi all!! Im having such a hard time deciding between staying at Caribbean Beach or Shades of Green!! Right now, we have reservations for both, and i need to cancel one. My husband is a DOD civilian, and this would be our first time staying at SOG- and we've never stayed at CBR either! We are going without our boys this trip, so the larger rooms at SOG aren't as huge of an issue for us... BUT we would save about $500 staying there.... so enough for a couple nicer dinners over the trip... SOG definitely seems nice, but theres something about getting on the Magical Express at the airport haha , and the theming that Disney hotels have. we're only going for 4 nights, otherwise i would probably do a split stay with a couple nights at both! LOL
I'm in the exact same boat. Except, we'll be a party of 5 (including 2 teenagers), so I'm looking at a family suite at SOG vs. 2 rooms w/ 2 queen beds (with military discount) at CBR. We've always stayed off property, but this will be our anniversary trip and hubby says lets stay on property this time. I was looking forward to the DME from the airport and magic bands, plus you can't get a dining plan at SOG. So, I'm leaning towards CBR (tried out the skyliner recently too and that's an added bonus) We usually buy our own magic bands and get tickets through the base too. I'm just trying to see what the big "sell" is for staying at SOG. We aren't going until March 2021, so I haven't booked anything yet, just trying to decide.

I can't remember - does the Shades of Green bus go just directly to HS? I was thinking some of their busses were combined and went more than one place.
I don't know about recent operations, but last April it did not. It went to AK first.

In August it went to AK and then HS as well.

Hmm, and it doesn't leave until about 45 minutes before park opening? So that doesn't sound like a reliable way to get to HS in time for getting a boarding group. Thanks!

Can anyone who had been to Shades of Green recently please tell me - they have bar soap in the bathrooms, not just shower gel, right? I'm trying to remember from last year!

Can anyone who had been to Shades of Green recently please tell me - they have bar soap in the bathrooms, not just shower gel, right? I'm trying to remember from last year!
Yes, they have bars (all Neutrogena products)

Hmm, and it doesn't leave until about 45 minutes before park opening? So that doesn't sound like a reliable way to get to HS in time for getting a boarding group. Thanks!
I'd double-check. Thinking it further, I'm wondering if HS is opening at 7 (or 8) and AK at 9, it wouldn't make sense to stop at AK first?

I'd double-check. Thinking it further, I'm wondering if HS is opening at 7 (or 8) and AK at 9, it wouldn't make sense to stop at AK first?

That's a good point. I am still thinking that we will just drive the car and pay for parking that day so we can get there early and not take a chance on the bus!
thanks!

I called WDW technical and they helped me link everyone. Remember you must have your tickets linked to everyone before you can do fast passes. Can't do a fast pass based on room alone.

Hi there! I will be staying at Shades of Green in early March. It will be my first trip in about 12 years, so I definitely feel like a newbie as I don’t remember much from the last time I was at Disney lol! I am also wondering the best way to get to Hollywood Studios early enough to secure a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance. Is using Uber or Lyft the best option? The bus schedule does not seem like it would get me there early enough... Is it maybe possible to walk from SOG to the HS entrance? I have no problems trekking there early in the morning if that is a viable option. I would greatly appreciate any help/advice! Thank you kindly!! :)

I called WDW technical and they helped me link everyone. Remember you must have your tickets linked to everyone before you can do fast passes. Can't do a fast pass based on room alone.

Do you mean they were able to put everyone's name on the room reservation? or they were able to help you link everyone on MDE? When I have callled, they have said they can't change my husband's name off the shades reservation because shades requires it to be there and if they add another name then shades would charge us for 3 adults in the room. I'm interested to hear if that has changed and they are now able to put the correct names on the room reservation now!

Hi there! I will be staying at Shades of Green in early March. It will be my first trip in about 12 years, so I definitely feel like a newbie as I don’t remember much from the last time I was at Disney lol! I am also wondering the best way to get to Hollywood Studios early enough to secure a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance. Is using Uber or Lyft the best option? The bus schedule does not seem like it would get me there early enough... Is it maybe possible to walk from SOG to the HS entrance? I have no problems trekking there early in the morning if that is a viable option. I would greatly appreciate any help/advice! Thank you kindly!! :)

I agree that the bus may not be the best option. I don't think you can walk to HS from Shades though. We happen to be going to have a car so I'm considering driving and just paying for parking that day. I think Uber or Lyft might be your best bet. That's what my son and his wife just did last week. I guess you could also walk over to the Poly or the TTC and get Disney transportation if theirs is starting any earlier than SOG's!

I agree that the bus may not be the best option. I don't think you can walk to HS from Shades though. We happen to be going to have a car so I'm considering driving and just paying for parking that day. I think Uber or Lyft might be your best bet. That's what my son and his wife just did last week. I guess you could also walk over to the Poly or the TTC and get Disney transportation if theirs is starting any earlier than SOG's!
I can confirm you can't walk to DHS :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!