• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shades of Green Restaurants

bld disney

Mouseketeer
We've stayed at Shades of Green a number of times before the renovations, and had never been too impressed with the restaurants there.
For those who've stayed there recently, how are the new restaurants? Have there been any changes in the "old" ones?
Thanks in advance for your opinions. :D

Just got back last week, and we ate dinner once at garden gallery and it was very good. We wanted to eat at manginos but never had time, but everyone that we talked to said it was wonderful!!

My parents were just there last week too. They were pleasantly surprised with the food. The last night they ate at Mangino's and said it was the BEST Italian food they have had in the WORLD!! My parents don't give complements like that about just anything. They said to pass the word, "Eat at Mangino's!!"

I was looking at the menu for the SOG restaurants and the prices are just great! I'm glad to hear some positive comments as we are staying there in April/May and want to eat a few meals at the hotel.

Does anyone know how the kids meals are?

We just returned last week and ate at the Garden Gallery our first night. We had the buffet. It was okay. I think it was $14.95 a person. What I didn't know was that the kids age was only till 9 and so my 11 year old who eats virtually nothing was charged $14.95 as well. I didn't like that much.. The snack shop right by the buses has great breakfast sandwiches for a good price.

Thanks for the responses. I'm encouraged that the food might be a little better than when we last visited. Looking forward to the Italian restaurant! :Pinkbounc

Wasn't impressed with the Garden Gallery's dinner buffet. It was Okay at best. Their breakfast buffet, on the other hand was MUCH better and worth the money. Never ate at Mangino's, but my FIL did and said it was good. Had dinner one night at the Sports Bar and food was really good, prices were even better!

Can non-military folks eat at Mangino's, or is it limited to people staying at SOG?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter