Shanghai Disneyland - early planning stage

MommaBerd

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I can’t believe it, but our family is headed to China as DH has business in Shanghai. We will be there the last week in March (then we’re traveling on to Beijing). I have a couple of questions for anyone who may know. First, do the resort rooms have connecting doors, particularly Toy Story? The second is that I am trying to decide between one day w/ Premier FP set (can’t remember exact name) or two days without. I’m traveling with DH and 3 sons, one of which will likely not ride very many rides. Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

Hmmmmmm. How old are your three sons?

Shanghai Disneyland is very large. It *may* make more sense to split the park in half and do "half" the park each day, over two days (as opposed to trying to rush around the entire park in a single day). But, at the same time, it doesn't have an enormous amount of rides and with the Premier FP set (which I personally didn't try, but sounds pretty good), you may have more than enough time to get everything done in a single day. And that could certainly be more appealing to the child who doesn't like rides.

I think it ultimately depends upon how much you like Disney and whether you want a more relaxing two days, with time for character meetings, watching the parades, taking photos, re-ride your favourite rides, etc or whether you're happy to get everything done in a single day.

Hmmmmmm. How old are your three sons?

Shanghai Disneyland is very large. It *may* make more sense to split the park in half and do "half" the park each day, over two days (as opposed to trying to rush around the entire park in a single day). But, at the same time, it doesn't have an enormous amount of rides and with the Premier FP set (which I personally didn't try, but sounds pretty good), you may have more than enough time to get everything done in a single day. And that could certainly be more appealing to the child who doesn't like rides.

I think it ultimately depends upon how much you like Disney and whether you want a more relaxing two days, with time for character meetings, watching the parades, taking photos, re-ride your favourite rides, etc or whether you're happy to get everything done in a single day.

Thanks for your reply! My sons will be 14, 11 (almost 12) & 10. I am going to put them in training before we go because we’ll be doing LOTS of walking over the course of our trip! :teeth: I’m trying to cram as much “stuff” into the trip without killing ourselves. We love Disney and I really want to enjoy the park - not just “check the box”. But I also don’t want to budget two days there if it can be done in one day with the $ FP. After Disneyland, we’ll be taking a train to Beijing, so we’ll have time to “recover”.

Shanghai Disneyland can be done in one day, especially with the Premier Fast Pass, provided that you don't want to see all the shows and parades, meet all the characters, have leisurely meals or spend a lot of time taking photos.

We went for two days, but pretty much got everything done on the first day (WITH proper planning, efficient Fast Pass usage, etc). The second day allowed us to repeat our favourite rides, take photos, do character meets, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!