Shanghai Resort App Account

Jem07

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! My husband and I are super excited to visit the parks in Shanghai, Tokyo, and Hong Kong in October. I downloaded the Shanghai Resort app, but I can't seem to create an account. I even attempted to create an account on the Shanghai Disney Resort website, but I'm not having any luck. I keep receiving an error message saying that I have entered an invalid word/term. I was hoping to book our hotel and such without having to make an international call.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any suggestions?

We are also going to Shanghai and Tokyo in October. I had to call to make my reservation at SDL as that was the only way for me to get my discounted room. I had no problems communicating, as it did give you an option to speak to someone in English. You have to pay upfront for your stay, but you don't give your credit card info to the person you are speaking with - you are connected to an automated service that takes that info, then transfers you back to the person.

I have not tried to download the app yet. Is it asking for info in English or Chinese?

I was able to creat an account for both earlier this year without problem. I booked my room through it without problem. But when I called to make changes to our reservation, I encountered problems with the automated service that @doombuggy used, so they told me to just cancel and rebook on the website. Worked perfectly.

I assume your name does not include any unusual letters? I am from Germany, so we have Ö and Ü and Ä and I know that I never can use those if I sign up for anything outside of Germany (and Austria and Switzerland). But I guess if you were, you would know that. :goodvibes

Do you get the same message from both the app and the website? Maybe just try again a different time or try to use a different browser for the website? You have to get an account for both, the website account does not translate to the app (or at least it did not for me) and hotels cannot be booked on the app, but it is useful to have for waittimes once in the parks.

For international calls you can also use Skype. If you upload a small amount of money onto it, you can make calls to landlines very cheaply, a few cents per minute. We also used Skype from abroad to make phone calls back home to our parents' phones directly without having to set up times when they would be at the computer.

@doombuggy How did you get a discount for your room? I never heard of any discounts being available at SDL!

We are also going to Shanghai and Tokyo in October. I had to call to make my reservation at SDL as that was the only way for me to get my discounted room. I had no problems communicating, as it did give you an option to speak to someone in English. You have to pay upfront for your stay, but you don't give your credit card info to the person you are speaking with - you are connected to an automated service that takes that info, then transfers you back to the person.

I have not tried to download the app yet. Is it asking for info in English or Chinese?

Thank you for the info. My husband called and booked our room last night, but I would still like to the app while visiting the park. The app is in English and asks for your date of birth, name, country, phone number, and password to create an account.

I was able to creat an account for both earlier this year without problem. I booked my room through it without problem. But when I called to make changes to our reservation, I encountered problems with the automated service that @doombuggy used, so they told me to just cancel and rebook on the website. Worked perfectly.

I assume your name does not include any unusual letters? I am from Germany, so we have Ö and Ü and Ä and I know that I never can use those if I sign up for anything outside of Germany (and Austria and Switzerland). But I guess if you were, you would know that. :goodvibes

Do you get the same message from both the app and the website? Maybe just try again a different time or try to use a different browser for the website? You have to get an account for both, the website account does not translate to the app (or at least it did not for me) and hotels cannot be booked on the app, but it is useful to have for waittimes once in the parks.

For international calls you can also use Skype. If you upload a small amount of money onto it, you can make calls to landlines very cheaply, a few cents per minute. We also used Skype from abroad to make phone calls back home to our parents' phones directly without having to set up times when they would be at the computer.

@doombuggy How did you get a discount for your room? I never heard of any discounts being available at SDL!

Thank you. My husband gave in and called to book our room last night. I would still like to use the app when visiting the park though. When creating an account on the website, the error message says that I have entered an invalid word and the app says an invalid term. It just asks for my date of birth, name, country, phone number, email address (on the website), and password. I tried a few different passwords to see if that was the issue, but I still receive the same error messages. I can't figure out what the invalid word is!

Maybe it is the phone number? Did you enter a dash or bracket with the phone number? I just tried to sign up with a different phone number and it worked for me.

Maybe it is the phone number? Did you enter a dash or bracket with the phone number? I just tried to sign up with a different phone number and it worked for me.
It doesn't allow me to add dashes or brackets when entering the phone number.

It doesn't allow me to add dashes or brackets when entering the phone number.

Bummer! I was hoping that that was the issue...

Are you using the iPhone app or an android app? The last tip I have is to deinstall the app and reload it.

Strange. What do they mean by term?

And the website does not make sense either. I am really sorry. Have you tried a different name? I just played around with the app and when I enter something they don't like I don't even get to the continue button.

So sorry that you have all the trouble. But I think you can see wait times on the app even without being logged in.

Strange. What do they mean by term?

And the website does not make sense either. I am really sorry. Have you tried a different name? I just played around with the app and when I enter something they don't like I don't even get to the continue button.

It's so weird. I've never had an issue creating an account for any website/app before. My name is Jennifer, but I tried entering Jen. I even tried using my maiden name! I don't understand what it means by term.

Thank you for your help! Hopefully I can figure this out before October.

I finally got it to work!!! I put in a different last name, and it allowed me to create an account. Once logged in, I attempted to change my last name to my actual name, and it gave me the same error message. I have a pretty common last name, but I guess the site/app doesn't like it for some reason.

Thank you for all of your help!

I am cast.

I'm in China now, and unexpectedly going to disney tomorrow. Had this same problem. It did not like my first name, Shelley. When I changed to Shel it was fine. Also, better to set up account from US. It was a phone number to send you a text to confirm account. Luckily I had VPN and a google voice phone number I was able to have it send confirmation text to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!