Shanghai vs MK

If it's a choice between Swiss Family Tree House and say, Fire Mountain, I'd be all for getting rid of the Tree House. However, it's really a neat attraction. We walked through it in Dec with my daughter and she loved it. Demanded we get her the book so she could read the story. There are so many really cool touches that complete the Tree House it would be a shame to knock it down for a gift shop or a restaurant. I understand it's not the most exciting attraction, and it's not a ride, but I certainly would miss it if it was gone.

If it's a choice between Swiss Family Tree House and say, Fire Mountain, I'd be all for getting rid of the Tree House. However, it's really a neat attraction. We walked through it in Dec with my daughter and she loved it. Demanded we get her the book so she could read the story. There are so many really cool touches that complete the Tree House it would be a shame to knock it down for a gift shop or a restaurant. I understand it's not the most exciting attraction, and it's not a ride, but I certainly would miss it if it was gone.

That's cool about your daughter, hopefully she'll enjoy the book. I used to love the original movie version. The idea of building your own home in a treehouse really appealed to me when I was a kid.

But the attraction definitely isn't a popular one and most people haven't been on it since they were kids. The thing working for it is it doesn't take up much real estate.

That's true, but it's only open occasionally and even when the pathway is it's not pretty looking. It feels like you're walking through a backstage area you're not supposed be in.

Well, at one point they were going to build it out as Edison Square - which if they could do that, while maintaining it as a way to ease foot traffic, I think it would be great

That's cool about your daughter, hopefully she'll enjoy the book. I used to love the original movie version. The idea of building your own home in a treehouse really appealed to me when I was a kid.

But the attraction definitely isn't a popular one and most people haven't been on it since they were kids. The thing working for it is it doesn't take up much real estate.

That and the plot of land is really awkward and doesn't lend itself to something with a bigger footprint.

I've got some ideas on how to create space. Some of them you will definitely not agree with. But remember these are just ideas. Don't go Bat poop.

1. Fill in "The Rivers of America" and create rides and pathways (with new attractions like Western River Exposition)
2. Demolish "Jungle Cruise" and "Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse" and extend Adventureland towards the front of the park (with new possible attractions like Fire Mountain, Lilo & Stitch, etc)
3. Create a Tomorrowland expansion behind "Buzz Lightyear" (with attractions like Tron, Big Hero 6 and Incredibles)
4. Create pathways in the front of Main Street to get to Adventureland and Tomorrowland's expansions.
5. Create back hallways for Main Street U.S.A

you bite your tongue! That is my absolute favorite attraction and if they got rid of it it would definitely reduce my desire to go back

I like the treehouse but if it means a better attraction I am ok with it (though I think they could do something like they did with Indy at DLR and have the queue for an E-ticket attraction wind between the existing attractions in Adventureland to the new show building whcih could be near the Pirates' show building and then not have to take down existing attractions

Well, at one point they were going to build it out as Edison Square - which if they could do that, while maintaining it as a way to ease foot traffic, I think it would be great

That would be pretty cool, I'd love to see those plans get rekindled.

One things for sure is they need to do something about the crowds. Its gotten out of hand, especially after the nighttime festivities. It looks more like a rock concert with families mosh pitting their ways to the front.

One things for sure is they need to do something about the crowds. Its gotten out of hand, especially after the nighttime festivities. It looks more like a rock concert with families mosh pitting their ways to the front.

after the fireworks is the worst. You either have to watch from like the Train Station and just skedaddle right after or just sit and chill and let the crowds leave and then head out after

And then even if you get out there are normally ridiculous likes for the buses and, especially, the monorails

Yes. At this point it is just poor planning and they made it worse with HEA since you HAVE to be in the front of the Castle to see the entire show. They need to either fix that area to accommodate more people, do projections all around the Castle, or have some kind of attraction after the fireworks that will keep people moving around the park to let people exit who want to, but relieve the pressure on that area. It's always going to be crowded, but I feel like Disney has made it worse with very few thoughts on how to improve it. They made all these changes to security screening, and changing the welcome show because of the danger of the jammed up crowd right in front. But they have an even bigger problem at the back that is made worse by the nature of HEA.

You bite your tongue! That is my absolute favorite attraction and if they got rid of it it would definitely reduce my desire to go back

I like the treehouse but if it means a better attraction I am ok with it (though I think they could do something like they did with Indy at DLR and have the queue for an E-ticket attraction wind between the existing attractions in Adventureland to the new show building whcih could be near the Pirates' show building and then not have to take down existing attractions

LOL, sorry Max. I knew some people would think I've lost my marbles. It's alright I've got most of them... somewhere. I thought of Jungle Cruise because it is just such a space eater in the front of the park.

I love the Indy idea, maybe Fire Mountain or Moana Mountain can be that missing piece for Adventureland. Maybe some kids will want to go in another direction besides straight in the morning.

Yes. At this point it is just poor planning and they made it worse with HEA since you HAVE to be in the front of the Castle to see the entire show. They need to either fix that area to accommodate more people, do projections all around the Castle, or have some kind of attraction after the fireworks that will keep people moving around the park to let people exit who want to, but relieve the pressure on that area. It's always going to be crowded, but I feel like Disney has made it worse with very few thoughts on how to improve it. They made all these changes to security screening, and changing the welcome show because of the danger of the jammed up crowd right in front. But they have an even bigger problem at the back that is made worse by the nature of HEA.
I feel like they could help themselves by doing projections on the Main Street buildings like in DL. Sure afterwards will be a cluster (always has and will be) but it'd give people more stuff to focus on

I've always been confused as to why they don't project on both sides of the castle. Don't want to congest Fantasyland? Guess what, already congested. ALL. DAY.

I've always been confused as to why they don't project on both sides of the castle. Don't want to congest Fantasyland? Guess what, already congested. ALL. DAY.
Well the biggest reason I see why they don't is because the fireworks are behind Fantasyland. Having projections on the castle and fireworks would have people turning back and forth constantly.

WDW plan is to manage the crowds at the other three parks and they will be able to. Star Wars, Pandora and IPCOT will definitely handle more crowds then they used to with the additions. I'd expect some large gains at AK this year. That said, MK surely could use a big new E-ticket and we know lots of stuff, updates, refurbs etc are coming for the 50th.

Well the biggest reason I see why they don't is because the fireworks are behind Fantasyland. Having projections on the castle and fireworks would have people turning back and forth constantly.
They could project on the walls behind the carousel or the BOG /LM area (where you are just facing the upper fireworks)

They could project on the walls behind the carousel or the BOG /LM area (where you are just facing the upper fireworks)
True but that's such a small area. I just don't think logistically it's a great idea.

They could always project things on Main Street like they do in Disneyland. It looks awesome and it spreads out the crowds. This way I don't have to wrestle with 80 year old grannies. They can get really nasty when it comes to Disney fireworks.

It's usually a pretty even fight though, I got some decent hits in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!