Shared our secret!

willowthedog

Earning My Ears
Our trip is our big present for our kids this year (we're going over spring break in April). We had made a book for the kids and wrapped it along with matching family Mickey shirts. I bought a Disney character calendar at Dollar Tree the other day and made it into a countdown calendar. My DH and I could hardly stand the wait and decided to let them open their Disney box today. We wanted it to just be us when they opened it and we'll have company here on Christmas morning.

The kids were so excited! Their little sister is tall enough to go on most of the rides so the book was about how Disney was more fun when little sister was big enough. I put the "big" rides and their height requirements. It was epic to see our younger son start to realize what it meant.

Downfall...we did it about 7:30 p.m. and then they were so hyped up looking up Disney stuff none of them wanted to go to bed! I'm glad we spilled the beans early. Our last trip we didn't tell them until the night before which was fun too but half the fun is sharing the excitement with them!

Our trip is our big present for our kids this year (we're going over spring break in April). We had made a book for the kids and wrapped it along with matching family Mickey shirts. I bought a Disney character calendar at Dollar Tree the other day and made it into a countdown calendar. My DH and I could hardly stand the wait and decided to let them open their Disney box today. We wanted it to just be us when they opened it and we'll have company here on Christmas morning.

The kids were so excited! Their little sister is tall enough to go on most of the rides so the book was about how Disney was more fun when little sister was big enough. I put the "big" rides and their height requirements. It was epic to see our younger son start to realize what it meant.

Downfall...we did it about 7:30 p.m. and then they were so hyped up looking up Disney stuff none of them wanted to go to bed! I'm glad we spilled the beans early. Our last trip we didn't tell them until the night before which was fun too but half the fun is sharing the excitement with them!

Very exciting! Would have loved that as a kid!

That's such a sweet way to do it. I hope you have a safe and magical trip!

I am so torn!!!! Planned trip for June 2018 for DD 5.5 and DD 7 ( turning 8 there )! First trip for them! Do I spill now so they can help me plan and share my excitement? Or is it worth waiting til the night or day of for the big WOW???

I am so torn!!!! Planned trip for June 2018 for DD 5.5 and DD 7 ( turning 8 there )! First trip for them! Do I spill now so they can help me plan and share my excitement? Or is it worth waiting til the night or day of for the big WOW???

That's tough! When we waited to tell our kids the day before they had been to Disney before so we missed them being excited about their favorite stuff. However being young and having never been there before, it would be fun to make it a total surprise too! Either way it will be perfectly magical! Have a great trip! Although if you wait, I'd do something grand! I'm all about being big. One year we wrapped up a GIANT full size Mickey balloon in a washer box with red, black, and yellow helium balloons and when they opened the box Mickey popped out. We've done the special books twice. I think it's more fun to be creative! :) I had my oldest son convinced (before we told them) that we weren't doing anything for spring break this year and we were going to paint our dining room. LOL

Soo Exciting! Our LO knows we are going this time -but he is just 4. I hope one day to plan a surprise trip for him to - I think that is fun to tell them last minute :)

When my DS#1 went 2 years ago..he gave each child a carry on suitcase and when they opened it up a ballon came out which stated. We are going to Disney World.

We are going in January...was thinking of making a puzzle that they have to put together to surprise them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter