Sharing dining plan meals

I have no idea if you can share or not. But..... I am paying out of pocket for my dining plan. If someone can do it when paying out of pocket then I should be able to also.

I have no idea if you can share or not. But..... I am paying out of pocket for my dining plan. If someone can do it when paying out of pocket then I should be able to also.
I agree as well, but with their contracts with Disney, I think that is where they are able to stick it to you.

The difference is the restaurant is only reimbursed for what is allowed on the dining plan. Via Napoli is NOT a Disney owned restaurant, and they made the decision from the get go that they were not going to allow people to use ONE credit to feed TWO or more people. That is their choice and their right. You have the choice of whether to use the dining plan or not, but if you do, you have to follow their rules.

The difference is the restaurant is only reimbursed for what is allowed on the dining plan. Via Napoli is NOT a Disney owned restaurant, and they made the decision from the get go that they were not going to allow people to use ONE credit to feed TWO or more people. That is their choice and their right. You have the choice of whether to use the dining plan or not, but if you do, you have to follow their rules.

They are reimbursed for the ONE meal on the dining plan or they get money for ONE meal I am paying on a credit card (so they are losing money on fees), same amount - ONE meal. Actually they would probably get more on the plan as I would order water and no dessert OOP most likely.

Of course they can do what they want it's their business.

They are reimbursed for the ONE meal on the dining plan or they get money for ONE meal I am paying on a credit card (so they are losing money on fees), same amount - ONE meal. Actually they would probably get more on the plan as I would order water and no dessert OOP most likely.

Of course they can do what they want it's their business.

Exactly. They are reimbursed for ONE meal, so if four of you go and order only two meals and share, they only get the money for two meals. Their way, they get money for all four.

Exactly. They are reimbursed for ONE meal, so if four of you go and order only two meals and share, they only get the money for two meals. Their way, they get money for all four.

No, if I can share because I am paying OOP then I am still only paying for ONE meal for two people.

Two people eating one meal is still only ONE meal no matter how it's paid for.

IF they do not allow anyone to split/share any meals, that is different. NO splitting/sharing across the board is different than allowing some to share/split and not allowing others depending on how it's paid for.

Last edited:
No, if I can share because I am paying OOP then I am still only paying for ONE meal for two people.

Two people eating one meal is still only ONE meal no matter how it's paid for.

IF they do not allow anyone to split/share any meals, that is different. NO splitting/sharing across the board is different than allowing some to share/split and not allowing others depending on how it's paid for.

I think that we have shared what we know about Via Napoli. If you decide to go and share your DDP credits, please let us know how that worked for you.

I have never been to Via Napoli, I am assuming by this thread that one pizza is big enough for more than just one person?

I have never been to Via Napoli, I am assuming by this thread that one pizza is big enough for more than just one person?

Depends on what size pizza you're talking about, and how big the appetites are of those wanting to share.

The DDP only allows individual pizzas. Someone with a large appetite can eat one themselves. Two "light" eaters could share one.

A large pizza (not ddp eligible) will feed 3 with a good appetite, and 4 with light appetites.

The metro mezza (not ddp eligible) will feed several folks.

That is not what was meant by the no sharing comment. At Via Napoli you can not just order 1 meal using the dining plan credit for 2 diners to share. Not the same as when 2 diners order 2 meals and then share tastes or part of their meals with each other.
Yes you most certainly can! My husband orders dinner, I only a beverage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!