Sharing meals on DDP- your tips

exwdwcm

wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling
considering trying to share a couple of TS meals so we can get an extra meal. I can't eat a ton in one sitting anyways, especially with appetizer and dessert.

what restaurants/meals have your shared that worked out well?

I was thinking of maybe sharing in Italy for dinner- it seems there is a fettucini alfredo appetizer? anyone have experience with that? I could do that as the appetizer (as my meal) and let the hubby get the entree, then split dessert.

same thought for Le Cellier- pig out on the bread, get the cheese soup for me as appetizer (my meal) and let hubby get the steak and sneak a few bites from him- then share dessert.

it seems that would be enough to fill me up- anyone have experiences sharing? any CS places you recommend sharing at where this is a huge amount of food?

We just got back--didn't share (had plenty of credits). However, sharing would have worked in almost every restaurant (not all-you-can-eat, of course). Le Cellier--pretzel bread, cheese soup, a few bites of steak, and a shared dessert would have been plenty for me. I took 1/2 of my steak and all of my dessert back to the resort. I had a 7 ounce steak, but there is a 14 ounce on the plan!

Chef de France--ditto.

Planet Hollywood--our appetizers were chicken fingers and potato skins. I was full after the appetizer, then had a steak(or part of one). Again, we could easily have shared.

At most restaurants, we either didn't finish our desserts or just had them packed up to go.

If I were paying OOP at most restaurants, 2 of us would have shared one appetizer (or none), ordered 2 entrees, and shared one dessert (or none). If you can agree on what to eat, just split the whole meal and order an extra beverage.

I'm pretty sure that Alfredo's in Epcot has fettucine as an appetizer.
And yes, we're planning on doing lots of sharing in September as are the kids. It's too much food (in a good way). As much as I enjoyed Le Cellier's filet, I was in love with the mashed potatoes so I may just eat that this time and let DH have the steak all to himself!

We shared 2 TS dinners between the 3 of us (me, DH, and DD7) at the following restaurants last fall, and had more than enough to eat, and no hassles from the wait staff:

Marrakesh in Morocco, Epcot
Big River Grille, Boardwalk
Teppenyaki, in Japan, Epcot

OHHH, this is a great idea/ I will share my thoughts for our September trip; hopefully all in attendance can hold to the meal sharing pact I have created :rotfl2:

I have spent many hours planning a variety of food plans. This one seems to work the best. I even 'selected' menu items that I think DH and I would order so we could make this work. I know DH well and have a good idea of exactly what he would order; I, on the other hand, capable of food fits and will change my mind often. So, it is I who will most definitely mess with the food pact! Actually, sharing meals allows us to select a few more TS restaurants, so I can't mess with it too much.

7 nights of dining, 2A & 1C plus a 2 year old(no dining), and my TS credits meal sharing thoughts:

Saturday- Maya Grill use 2 credits share meal with 1C & 2yo
OOP-fried plantains

Sunday- Sci-Fi Dine-In use 2 credits share meal w/2kids
OOP-milkshake if necessary. The plan is to use CS for kids at Pizza Planet.

Tuesday- O'hana Breakfast 3 credits and Whispering Canyon 3 credits

Wednesday- Kona Cafe use 2 credits share meals w/2 kids
OOP Kona chowder and possibly a fruit smoothie

Thursday- Donald's Breakfast 3 credits and Chef Mickey's 3 credits

Friday- Le Cellier use 2 credits share meals w/2kids The plan is to use remaining CS credits for the kids

Now for the "please don't think I am a nuts" disclaimer!!!
We are on vacation, and I have a digestive disorder that won't allow me dessert, so you better believe my kids will enjoy puddings and cakes and cheesecake as their meals :hippie:

Also, Monday has no TS credits being used. We will be in MK that day and have decided to use CS credits for all meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter