Sharing Plates, not Credits

cantsayNolaf

Earning My Ears
Can I share meals with my wife and only use 1 credit at a TS restaurant? Theoretically allowing us to experience more Disney TS restaurants? Or if the reservation is for 4 (2 Adults with DDP and 2 under 3yrs old with no DP), does it have to be 2 TS Credits?

If this does work, Have you tried it? Do you recommend it? I assume we would just pay out of pocket for an extra drink. And I would imagine there is a rule against sharing plates between adults at Buffets. I've read that we can share with children at buffets though.

Right now I have 10 TS ADRs and need to knock it down to 7 since we are only staying 7 nights and 8 Days. I originally thought we got 8 TS Credits :(.

Thanks!

"Admission" meals, such as buffets, require one credit (or full price paid) per guest attending over age 2. Children 2 and under eat for free (the "eat off a parent's plate" is needlessly confusing, you can get them their own plates) at buffets.

The only menu-service restaurant I know that has a "no plate sharing" policy is Via Napoli.

Last edited:
Can I share meals with my wife and only use 1 credit at a TS restaurant? Theoretically allowing us to experience more Disney TS restaurants? Or if the reservation is for 4 (2 Adults with DDP and 2 under 3yrs old with no DP), does it have to be 2 TS Credits?

At any buffet, all-you-care-to-eat, or prix fix type meal, you both will have to use a credit. No sharing allowed at these unless you are under 3 years old.

At most other places you CAN use 1 credit and two people can share the meal. You may find it's not quite enough food, especially if you're also trying to feed the babies, but you can do it. One place that will definitely NOT allow it is Via Napoli, so if that is on your list, either cancel it or plan to use 2 credits.

Yep. Had no problems sharing meals over Christmas.

In fact, we found sharing 3 deluxe credits between 5 adults was way too much food. We would have been fine sharing just 2 deluxe credits at restaurants with large portions. We were groaning as we left Homecomin' and Raglan Road. Even had to pack food tongo at both places!

AS others have already suggested, you can share at most TS restaurants. I will say that the entrees are not always enough for two full meals unless you bolster with an appetizer or a cup of soup.

The DxDDP allows for an appetizer and gives three full credits per person, so that one is different. The overall meal is larger.

Personally, I would look at the meals you have scheduled and choose the least expensive to pay OOP. Or drop the extra and dine at CS restaurants.

AS others have already suggested, you can share at most TS restaurants. I will say that the entrees are not always enough for two full meals unless you bolster with an appetizer or a cup of soup.

The DxDDP allows for an appetizer and gives three full credits per person, so that one is different. The overall meal is larger.

Very true. We usually split 3 regular TS credits between 4 ppl and that works pretty well. But splitting one credit between two ppl is harder if everyone is hungry. But if not too hungry or between 2 light eaters, very doable.

At most TS restaurants you and your wife will be able to share a meal using just one credit. Signature restaurants require two credits per meal, but you'll be able to share one meal using two credits. Via Napoli, however, does not allow sharing and you will each have to use a credit if you eat there.

You cannot share and each of you will have to use a credit at buffets, (e.g. Chef Mickey, Tusker House, Crystal Palace), all you care to eat (e.g. 'Ohana, Garden Grill, Liberty Tree Tavern dinner), fixed price meals (e.g. CRT, Akershus, dinner at Be Our Guest), dinner shows (Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha luau), or if you order the all you care to eat platter from an ala carte menu (e.g. Whispering Canyon Cafe).

The best thing you can do it simply smile and ask the cast member, the worst is that they say no and you still have the credits to back you up. GO DINING PLAN!!

Does anyone know if the Topolino's Terraces breakfast is considered family style? Would love to go here for breakfast upon arrival but do not want to use 6 credits for this meal. We can easily share 4 meals and pay oop for extra coffee. Thanks for help in advance.

Does anyone know if the Topolino's Terraces breakfast is considered family style? Would love to go here for breakfast upon arrival but do not want to use 6 credits for this meal. We can easily share 4 meals and pay oop for extra coffee. Thanks for help in advance.
It's priced out by butts in seats. So each person putting a butt in a seat would pay $41 or 1 credit. Kids price is some other set price.

While you can share a plate at a TS restaurant, it sounds like you will be trying to feed 4 from one plate. I know two of them are under 3 yo, but I don't think there is any way you could all eat from one meal. The meals typically are not that big. This past summer, we shared two meals for one adult and two kids and the only way that was enough food is because we also had an appetizer.

While you can share a plate at a TS restaurant, it sounds like you will be trying to feed 4 from one plate. I know two of them are under 3 yo, but I don't think there is any way you could all eat from one meal. The meals typically are not that big. This past summer, we shared two meals for one adult and two kids and the only way that was enough food is because we also had an appetizer.
No, we are 6 adults in 2 rooms that do not eat that much. My husband and I are on the deluxe dining plan but the kids are on quick service. I am looking for experiences more than food. We are traveling for our daughter's 16th birthday and bringing her best friend. I thought it would be nice to have a nice breakfast here after traveling that morning. 6 credits on breakfast is too many. Planning a few double credit meals so there is nothing extra. I will have to find a quick service with nice ambiance.

No, we are 6 adults in 2 rooms that do not eat that much. My husband and I are on the deluxe dining plan but the kids are on quick service. I am looking for experiences more than food. We are traveling for our daughter's 16th birthday and bringing her best friend. I thought it would be nice to have a nice breakfast here after traveling that morning. 6 credits on breakfast is too many. Planning a few double credit meals so there is nothing extra. I will have to find a quick service with nice ambiance.

What about BOG breakfast? Wolfgang Puck Express in Disney Springs also has a very nice breakfast for QS credits. I think Sanaa breakfast is just QS credits so another fun idea. Also heard very good things abiut Riviera's QS. I have also been wanting to try Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's.

Whispering Canyon Cafe would be fun but you wouldn't be able to share any skillet meals. We have done that before - my kids got the skillets and my DH and I split another entree.

We just had the deluxe plan between 5 ppl and were completely stuffed (with leftovers) with sharing 3 credits between 5 of us at Homecomin and Raglan Rd. We shared 4 credits at Morimotos (only managed to eat it all because one entree was a double-credit upgrade). We agreed sharing 2 deluxe credits between 5 of us would be sufficient for normal-sized meals. Or sharing 3 deluxe credits at places with smaller portions. Then again, Morimotos arguably has smaller portions and we were also insanely stuffed there. Our crew sometimes eats a lot and sometimes we eat lightly. I was a bit surprised to be so full with only a few credits.

Two people's deluxe credits plus 4 ppl's QS credits will be a ton of food to indulge and enjoy :)

Beyond straight sharing, you can also extend your credits by selectively paying OOP. For example, at Skipper Canteen... if 1 person wants the $36 grilled steak, and the other wants the $19 vegetable stew... just use 1 credit and pay OOP for the cheaper item.
we like to do this at it alleviates the pressure to maximize credits at every meal and because we really don’t need 1 dessert per person. Especially if not every person is having an alcoholic beverage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!