Sharing Some Good News For January 2018

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
To my Camping friends:

I wanted to share some family good news with you. My daughter has been offered a job with Disney World for Spring 2018 in the Disney College Program and she accepted today (between the screams and tears and laughter). That means I get one more trip to the Fort in mid-January to help her get moved into Disney housing.

DD got her second choice which she had expressed a high degree of interest in and that is a Custodial position. She won't know the exact location where she'll be assigned until she moves in but she's hoping it's one of the parks. She could be sweeping the streets, cleaning bathrooms, emptying garbage cans, or bussing tables at the QS places. And plus with their white uniforms, they can work just about anywhere so she might be able to pick up extra shifts.

She's excited and her mom and I are for her. I'm also excited about some Cast Member discounts on resort rooms on spring trips to "watch her work". Yes, I'm going over to the dark, dark side. I love my Fort but if I can get 40-50% off a resort room (even Deluxe) I'm going to take it. We'll never get the opportunity to stay for those prices again.

That means we have two Fort trips in January 2018 - both short ones of only a few days. The first is on the way back from Key Largo right after New Years (KL survived Irma) and moving in DD will be the second.

I'm glad for her. Like Cinderella she might be a maid but she'll be our Disney princess.

giphy.gif

Bama ED

PS - I know that we have past Camping posters whose children have done the college program and thanks for your support in the past. My DD tried to get in DCP for Fall 2017 and had passed all the interviews but never got placed in a position so she was terribly disappointed. But she tried again for Spring and got an offer early in the process this time around so she learned a valuable lesson about "if at first you don't succeed, try try again".

Last edited:
Ed congrats to your lovely Daughter. But be forewarned about THE DARK SIDE. In 2011 I took my DW,Lucille for her first ever trip to WDW and we stayed in a cabin (Now lost in change over of 2100 Loop) She loved it in fact her reaction when she saw it was " This is perfect I could almost live here !" Mind you all she had seen so far was the outside. When we went back 2 years later we did our first week at AKL club level after our first day all she wanted to do was check out and go to her FORT. We did enjoy sitting on the patio watching the animals but patio was too small just enough room to sit on the two chairs and none to move around . The 2 queen size bed took up so much of the room to watch tv we had to lay on the bed Best thing Vanity area and bathroom were huge Thing we liked least was CM's and other guests all seemed a bit too nose in the air for us loved when we got to THE FORT

Congrats to your DD and you on the position. It sounds like a great experience.

j

Congratulations to your DD :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I can just imagine how excited she is. With her being so far away, you know, in a different "World".....you and Mrs Ed may need to take several trips to see her. Just to make sure she is doing ok :confused3 :)

That's Awesome!!! My cousin is a CM and I love the discount. One of these days we will venture out of The Fort. The wife and I would love to stay at the Boardwalk, The Poly, and The Yacht and Beach Clubs but with DD the Cabins work for us. Might have to do a mom and dad trip at some point :)

With a child working at Disney it is more the proper to be a helicopter parent as much as you like :)

Congrats!! to your Daughter!! Just think Mr. & Mrs. Ed - your daughter will be running Disney World & you can stay anywhere you want for as long as you want!! Seriously I am very happy & proud of her ambition to do anything at the best place on this earth!

Congratulations to your dd on her Disney quest!! Know this will be enjoyable for her - also mom & dad!! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :mickeyjum

Congrats to your daughter for her keeping her head up to to keep trying. She has been raised right! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Congrats to your daughter and glad she tried again:thumbsup2. Keep us posted on her adventure and your future "extra" trips.:woohoo:

Congratulations to your daughter! I paid particular attention to the custodial staff on our recent trip and I think they are the heroes of the parks. They do an amazing job of keeping things in "Disney condition" for all of us....many of whom have zero habits when it comes to picking up after themselves.

Congrats to your daughter!!!princess: I have to say I did the CP back in spring 97 and advanced internship in 2000. Discounts were no where close to 40% to 50% off a room. I never received a ticket. I was told Cps were given tickets around Christmas time and I was there spring term. We got 20 % off of merchandise that had to be purchased by the CM. CMs can go to property control and get 75% off normal prices. That is where I purchased all my snow globes. (lol) I think I may have gotten 10 % off 1 day park tickets and about that on staying the night at Port Orleans Riverside. All purchases must be made by CM and on their credit card if using credit. I was lucky to get a cast member preview ticket for the opening of Animal Kingdom. During my advanced internship I did the Yes Program benefits for that was much better. :earsgirl: Since Yes Program was part of the Disney Institute at that time we could attend all of the classes the institute ran. During our 6 hour tours we were given a meal voucher (1 appetizer or dessert, drink, and main dish.) to use at lunch. I saved all my vouchers to use when family came. Hopefully things have changed since that was so long ago. I do know the CP is having their reunion in Jan (marathon weekend) and the Disney Hotels offered a bit of discount.

That's Awesome!!! My cousin is a CM and I love the discount. One of these days we will venture out of The Fort. The wife and I would love to stay at the Boardwalk, The Poly, and The Yacht and Beach Clubs but with DD the Cabins work for us. Might have to do a mom and dad trip at some point :)

With a child working at Disney it is more the proper to be a helicopter parent as much as you like :)

Plus, it applies to the FW Cabins.
I have to say Jim and "THE" AKA TRS have offered the bestest reasons I have ever heard for becoming a Helicopter parent

I paid particular attention to the custodial staff on our recent trip and I think they are the heroes of the parks.
We just did KTTK tour last week. Our guide was going over some of the various roles/responsibilities of the different groups of CMs. When he mentioned Custodial, he made a point of saying 80% of the role is NOT cleaning and emptying trash. It is observing and helping guests to make sure everything is going well. Great job and one of the things that makes Disney special.

j

To my Camping friends:

I wanted to share some family good news with you. My daughter has been offered a job with Disney World for Spring 2018 in the Disney College Program and she accepted today (between the screams and tears and laughter). That means I get one more trip to the Fort in mid-January to help her get moved into Disney housing.

I'm also excited about some Cast Member discounts on resort rooms on spring trips to "watch her work". Yes, I'm going over to the dark, dark side. I love my Fort but if I can get 40-50% off a resort room (even Deluxe) I'm going to take it. We'll never get the opportunity to stay for those prices again.

That means we have two Fort trips in January 2018 - both short ones of only a few days. The first is on the way back from Key Largo right after New Years (KL survived Irma) and moving in DD will be the second.

OUTSTANDING bama_ed ! Your daughter will love it and you can reap the bennies of some killer discounts ... It's a + + for everyone :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter