Shave ice at DCA

Lyn-CA

DIS Veteran
Where exactly in DCA is Bifrosties where they sell shave ice?

Is it part of Schmoozies or at another location altogether?

TIA

Where exactly in DCA is Bifrosties where they sell shave ice?

Is it part of Schmoozies or at another location altogether?

TIA

It's attached to Schmoozies at the back. When you get to Schmoozies walk to the left around and follow the wall. It's a blue stand by the stage where they do the new Avengers training thing. It was yummy!

My tip is don't go during a show. It's too chaotic.

Attachments

• IMAG4076_1.jpg
    IMAG4076_1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 31
It's attached to Schmoozies at the back. When you get to Schmoozies walk to the left around and follow the wall. It's a blue stand by the stage where they do the new Avengers training thing. It was yummy!

Is this new? We were there a couple weeks ago and I remember a cart that was closed and then a coca cola truck? Or something in that area?

Thanks. I'm counting on them being yummy. That's why I didn't want to waste time wandering around trying to look for them :confused3. Thanks to you, I now know exactly where to go. :thanks:

Is this new? We were there a couple weeks ago and I remember a cart that was closed and then a coca cola truck? Or something in that area?

Yes, it's for the summer of heroes, but it was there a couple of weeks ago.

FYI (as someone originally from Hawaii), this is NOT Shave Ice. Real Shave Ice is created using blades from Japan that are very fine. It IS better than a snow cone but it's not Hawaii good.
I must disagree. While I cannot confirm the blades come from Japan, the machines are just like those found in Hawaii (as someone who spent many Summers with relatives in Hawaii).

The lack of sweet beans keeps it from being 100% authentic :goodvibes

I must disagree. While I cannot confirm the blades come from Japan, the machines are just like those found in Hawaii (as someone who spent many Summers with relatives in Hawaii).

The lack of sweet beans keeps it from being 100% authentic :goodvibes

While I don't doubt that there are places that use those exact machines or ones very similar to them, none of the places I frequent use those small ones. It's probably because I'm old (older than Tom Best) and am used to what we've used for many many years. The japanese blades are similar to their knives. It's the way they're constructed that makes them so sharp (it's a folding process). My guess is that these machines are a lot cheaper than the original ones (since they were imported - to my recollection).

Personally, I'm not an azuki (I've also seen it spelled adzuki but that spelling doesn't make sense to me since there's no "ad" sound in japanese) bean fan but that vast number of people I know like it. I'm more a fan of the sweetened condensed milk. I'm about 50-50 on getting the ice cream on the bottom. For theluckyrabbit, it doesn't really affect the texture but it IS sweet. It adds a creaminess to it IMO.

What does give it a better feel is that, at least, they call it Shave Ice instead of the mainland Shaved Ice.

Dude, this place looks yummy! Why isn't it open all the time??? I would be going there at least twice every trip. We love shave ice! I need to try that root beer and vanilla one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter