Shellfish allergy- Teppan Edo

Lexx1214

Mouseketeer
has anyone with a shellfish or fish allergy eaten at Teppan Edo? With the chefs cooking right in front of you and with sharing a station with other dinners can Disney really prevent cross contamination? We’d love to try this restaurant, and I’ve always wanted to but with a shellfish allergy I’ve never been guaranteed that it’s safe. Love to hear feedback from others with this allergy who have eaten here.

We don’t have a shellfish allergy but we were seated with others that did. They cooked their meats, if they ordered any, first and then cooked ours which was shrimp.

has anyone with a shellfish or fish allergy eaten at Teppan Edo? With the chefs cooking right in front of you and with sharing a station with other dinners can Disney really prevent cross contamination? We’d love to try this restaurant, and I’ve always wanted to but with a shellfish allergy I’ve never been guaranteed that it’s safe. Love to hear feedback from others with this allergy who have eaten here.
You will hear reports of diners experiences such @Lalabubbles. We ate with someone with a shrimp allergy and had the same experience.
However the reports DO NOT GUARANTEE that it is safe.

I have a shellfish allergy, among others, and they cooked my food separately in the back. That is an option but you might have to push a little bit on it; there is a language

Thanks everyone. I know that even in the most careful of restaurants there’s still always a chance and I always carry my epipen. But now I feel more comfortable with booking Teppan Edo our next trip

Thanks everyone. I know that even in the most careful of restaurants there’s still always a chance and I always carry my epipen. But now I feel more comfortable with booking Teppan Edo our next trip

Not shellfish, but my DGD had a dairy and egg allergy. The chef cooked her food first.

I know that there is always a chance, of course, but the Teppan Edo chef was very careful for her, so DD was comfortable.

Enjoy your meal!

I have a shellfish allergy: when we went there in 2012, they cooked mine first.

Like any good restaurant, if you tell them what you can't eat, they will work around it and make things work. They do have options.

I do have a shell fish allergy and have at there. I just made sure to tell the chef at the beginning and as others have said, my meal was cooked first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!