Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- discount anyone??

MyPrince&Princess

Mouseketeer
Hello! Well, I’m dreaming of a trip to Florida again so I started to poke around at pricing for the summer. Is it just me or have prices at the Sheraton Vistana increased considerably? We used to be able to get a 2 BR in the summer months for around 140! Now it’s over 200. Has anyone else noticed this?

I used to avail myself of the allears discount as well as the automobile association. Both those now want full prepayment. For someone just dreaming, that’s a big risk to take.

Does anyone have any secrets they care to share? Codes? Etc? Thanks in advance!

There was a hot deals announcement on Mousesavers recently that features Sheraton Vistana. Have you checked their website?

Thanks for the reply. Yes. I did see that and checked it out. They too want immediate full payment upfront with that rate, unfortunately.

I used to be able to book with the allears discount months in advance with no deposit and forfeiture of one night as a cancellation penalty if I cancelled within 2 or 3 days of arrival. Those were great terms.

We got a Mousesavers rate of $175 (excluding tax) to stay in May in a 2 bedroom villa. I don't believe they charged my credit card for a deposit, but I can check. I can cancel up to 3 days prior to arrival without penalty.

We got a Mousesavers rate of $175 (excluding tax) to stay in May in a 2 bedroom villa. I don't believe they charged my credit card for a deposit, but I can check. I can cancel up to 3 days prior to arrival without penalty.
Thank you! I can't seem to find my mousesavers email. Would you be able to post the link?

I looked in mid-August as well as December, the prepaid is the new game with a lot of the Sheraton hotels, I'm not a fan of it at all. It's not just the Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas that's doing it, it's all their properties. With the Good Neighbor hotel's being able to book FP+ now I wonder if they figure they can up the prices a bit more or hold out longer before discounting. I don't know how things worked with Disney but I am sure it's costing them a pretty penny for the FP+ option.

I looked in mid-August as well as December, the prepaid is the new game with a lot of the Sheraton hotels, I'm not a fan of it at all. It's not just the Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas that's doing it, it's all their properties. With the Good Neighbor hotel's being able to book FP+ now I wonder if they figure they can up the prices a bit more or hold out longer before discounting. I don't know how things worked with Disney but I am sure it's costing them a pretty penny for the FP+ option.
The FP+ at 60 is only the Disney Springs area hotels. Vistana Resort is not a part of that.

I thought the Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas was a Good Neighbor Hotel that is now included in the 60 day FP deal. Am I wrong?

The FP+ at 60 is only the Disney Springs area hotels. Vistana Resort is not a part of that.

^THIS

I thought the Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas was a Good Neighbor Hotel that is now included in the 60 day FP deal. Am I wrong?

The website that told everyone that Disney was offering 60 FP+ to Good Neighbor hotels was wrong. Unfortunately they have a big following so many shared it as well. ONLY the Disney "OFFICIAL" Disney Springs hotels have the 60 day FP+. Hopefully Good Neighbor never get it as there are way too many.

To differentiate:

- Disney Resorts (the Disney traditional hotels)

- Official Walt Disney World Hotels (like Disney Springs so very few)
http://disneyspringshotels.com/

- Disney Good Neighbor Hotels (offsite that meet some criteria, lots of them)
https://www.wdwgoodneighborhotels.com/

I have 3 upcoming stays booked at Good Neighbors ... no 60 day FP+. It really only impacts a few rides, but even those are possible if you keep trying. A few weeks ago on a fairly busy day we got ALL of the rides at Epcot day of. Even FEA. There were 3 of us.

Last edited:
Hmm. Perhaps I misunderstood. In looking at the WDW website, following links to the "Good Neighbor Hotels", it takes you to a page that is a bit misleading:

https://wdwgoodneighborhotels.com/. Because it allows you to go to this page: https://www.wdwgoodneighborhotels.com/fastpass-plus/ That discusses fastpasses. Why have that there if those particular hotels don't offer anything more than any other hotel, being 30 days for fastpasses. Granted, it doesn't state there that you will get the 60 day window. It doesn't say anything.

When I click the link that you provide for Disney Springs Hotels, it doesn't say anything about the benefit of 60 day fastpasses.

Clear as mud.

Hmm. Perhaps I misunderstood. In looking at the WDW website, following links to the "Good Neighbor Hotels", it takes you to a page that is a bit misleading:

https://wdwgoodneighborhotels.com/. Because it allows you to go to this page: https://www.wdwgoodneighborhotels.com/fastpass-plus/ That discusses fastpasses. Why have that there if those particular hotels don't offer anything more than any other hotel, being 30 days for fastpasses. Granted, it doesn't state there that you will get the 60 day window. It doesn't say anything.

When I click the link that you provide for Disney Springs Hotels, it doesn't say anything about the benefit of 60 day fastpasses.

Clear as mud.

Yes, lots of hotels talk about FP+ so that its guests are aware they can book them. It's just the same 30 day as it's always been.

The Disney Springs hotels has added the EMH for all to it's website, but so far has not put the FP+ up because there have been IT glitches which delayed the ability. It was supposed to start in mid-January but didn't. Folks are reporting that in the last week most the hotels are now connected. I would expect the website to update once the process is fully operational for all.

Last edited:
The website that told everyone that Disney was offering 60 FP+ to Good Neighbor hotels was wrong.
Thank you for the clarification. Which sucks since none of the Disney Springs hotels offer anything like what the Vistana offers - a real suite with room for 5 plus cooking.

While FP+ may not be mandatory some of the year, for a trip around Christmas I would say it is.

FP+ at 30 days isn't that bad. I easily got FP+ for every ride I wanted for our upcoming March break week (not quite the crowd levels of Christmas, but the Disney resorts are fairly full, so similar numbers of 60 day reservations) except for FOP which is this year's tough get. We got an early morning 7DMT at the 30d mark. The only other thing that seemed to be a sell out were a couple of the meet and greets, but we don't do those. Still making occasional checks in care FOP opens up, but we are resigned to a 2+ hour wait for that one ride.

Hi, The Vistana Villages has been our go to resort for many years, since Marriott has taken over it seems that all the rooms have to be prepaid and non-refundable? Not sure it is worth to prepay and risk losing money if we have to cancel.

Hi, The Vistana Villages has been our go to resort for many years, since Marriott has taken over it seems that all the rooms have to be prepaid and non-refundable? Not sure it is worth to prepay and risk losing money if we have to cancel.
My first thought was "this can't be right" but sure enough, on the Sheraton/Marriott site all categories of reservation are non-cancellable after 24 hours.

I can still find cancellable rates on Hotels.com, but they are MUCH higher than the non-cancelllable rates to the point that I think I would risk the non-cancel.

As a long time Sheraton owner I HATE HATE HATE this Marriott takeover. They are very quickly taking this beautiful resort down. RCI has already dropped it from Gold Crown to Silver Crown category. That only took them a year to drop it a whole category.

My first thought was "this can't be right" but sure enough, on the Sheraton/Marriott site all categories of reservation are non-cancellable after 24 hours.

I can still find cancellable rates on Hotels.com, but they are MUCH higher than the non-cancelllable rates to the point that I think I would risk the non-cancel.

As a long time Sheraton owner I HATE HATE HATE this Marriott takeover. They are very quickly taking this beautiful resort down. RCI has already dropped it from Gold Crown to Silver Crown category. That only took them a year to drop it a whole category.

We are not owners, but Sheraton SPG rewards members and would get some good deals booking directly with Sheraton. They would have free nights, resort credits etc. Since Marriott took over I no longer see these deals. When we stayed at the Vistana Villages this past December there was a lot of people who were staying on a 4 or 5 night promo where you had to attend the timeshare presentation. Also heard some owners complaining the Marriott had devalued ownership? They changed happy hour from 2 for 1 to 30% off. Worse they let go some of my favorite bartenders who had been there for years!

just got $400 for a week one bedroom next month on skyauction.com we have used them many times, I think we paid 700 last spring cause of the surcharge, so it depends on the week you are going. They still try and get you to go to there meetings but you dont have to.
I learned about the website on here its really awesome site. all the neighboring vacation clubs are also on here

just got $400 for a week one bedroom next month on skyauction.com we have used them many times, I think we paid 700 last spring cause of the surcharge, so it depends on the week you are going. They still try and get you to go to there meetings but you dont have to.
I learned about the website on here its really awesome site. all the neighboring vacation clubs are also on here
I got a super last minute 1br at Wyndham Cypress Palms for $220 on SkyAuction a few years ago and a “unicorn”, once in a lifetime, deal on a 10 day NCL cruise last December. As you know, you have to read (and reread) the fine print to make sure you don’t run into some “gotcha” pricing.

I had to check for myself, since that's not the "normal" Marriott way. Sure enough you're right. My guess is that its not so much a Marriott directive as it is one from Vistana Signature Experiences who owns the property. From a quick read it appears that they own these and fall under the Marriott marketing. Either way its a deal breaker for me.

I will say that it's pretty clear that Marriott is trying to get more money out of the properties, I'm not a fan of the rates I'm finding at Swan/Dolphin. Either it pays off for them or we start seeing the deals return once we know the real impact of Galaxy's Edge.

I got a super last minute 1br at Wyndham Cypress Palms for $220 on SkyAuction a few years ago and a “unicorn”, once in a lifetime, deal on a 10 day NCL cruise last December. As you know, you have to read (and reread) the fine print to make sure you don’t run into some “gotcha” pricing.
that is so true, we just bought Crayola experience 4 tickets for 10.00.
I would never buy into a vacation club now that I know I can get the same rooms for less money and no contract.
Love Sheraton vistana though..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!