Sheraton Vistana Village $269 offer.....should we take it?

ruby33

Earning My Ears
We just received this offer for 5 days 4 nights. The fine print does NOT say we must attend a presentation, even though we know it’s a timeshare pitch. Is it worth doing?? They also offer 5,000 Starwood points OR $100 Planet Hollywood gift card. We have never been to SVV. Looking for advice on the offer and comments on the resort. Thanks!

I don't have any advice on the resort but I called to inquire about that offer and they told me both me and my spouse would have to attend a 3 hour presentation. I'm definitely not interested. I hate the big sales pitches.

That deal will require a TS presentation; they are good at obscuring it, but it will come up at some point before you pay.

The offer is worth about $450 (rough calculation) in savings. Is it worth burning a half-day of a 5 day vacation sitting around saying no to sales weasels to save that much? IMO, not worth the payback, or near break even, so not worth it.

The resort itself is really lovely and a favorite of many. In non-prime times you can find regular rentals there for a reasonable rate without the pitch though.

And if you do go, just say no to everything. They will make the Sheraton Flex program sounds great, but it is mostly a last-ditch effort to package up "mud weeks" at their various resorts that no one wants to buy. There are great ways to own Sheraton for thousands of dollars less than anything they will offer you.

We keep getting postcards in the mail from the Sheraton Vistana Villages with these great deals! But as @bankr63 says, you can buy on the resale market much cheaper than they will offer you. If you're good at saying no and are ok with the amount of time spent at the presentation, you can save a lot of $$.

You will be required to attend a timeshare spiel that they say is 3-hours but will take all day. Refusal will revert to rack rate charge for the nights which would probably be over $1,000 additional. just rent from a timeshare owner that is unable to use or willing to rent points. Plenty of deals to be had.

I would gladly stay at the resort, I would never do so on an "offer".

Totally would listen to @bankr63.

PS Random hint. When I stay at them, like WBC or SVR, with no requirement to do a presentation, sometimes it doesn't keep them from asking or calling you. SO I always book in my name only. When we get there only I check in. When they ask the magic question "Are you married?" [Which I do consider personal and rude.] I say yes but DH did not join me this trip. If you are married, both have to attend so I am automatically disqualified from their spiel and I never hear from them again.

Last edited:
I get those emails every day. And they go in the trash every time. No, I don't want to listen to a salesman. They even do it for Arizona, and other places. Same result. Trashed immediately.

Agree, you can find the time share resales very easily, can also rent, much better way to spend your time and money.

I got the same offer. I asked about it on another board and everyone that answered said you don't have to sit through a presentation so I hope they are right cause I booked it. I asked when I called and they said we don't have to. I hope not.

I got the same offer. I asked about it on another board and everyone that answered said you don't have to sit through a presentation so I hope they are right cause I booked it. I asked when I called and they said we don't have to. I hope not.
For your sake I hope you are right. As a long time owner at Sheraton, I would be very surprised to see them giving away vacations for less than cost without requiring a presentation. Tends to anger the owners when the resort management starts undercutting the resort owners. Please report back and let us know what happens!

For your sake I hope you are right. As a long time owner at Sheraton, I would be very surprised to see them giving away vacations for less than cost without requiring a presentation. Tends to anger the owners when the resort management starts undercutting the resort owners. Please report back and let us know what happens!

We aren't going til December but I will let you know.

This was the best thing we ever did, it is so nice. They do not make you go, but they keep asking if you want a gift card.

I do think it depends on your specific offer and the fine print along with it - some offers are conditional upon attending their session and if you do not attend then the price per night increases substantially - some are not and you are only offered an additional incentive such as a visa or gift card if you attend. We had a similar offer at another such resort where we were invited to attend and would be given a gift card if we did but we were not obligated to attend and the price of our offer did not change when we didn't.

We aren't going til December but I will let you know.
Just bumping this up again since I just received an email with this offer. I don’t see anything in the fine print about attending a presentation. Just wondered how this turned out for you in December?

Just bumping this up again since I just received an email with this offer. I don’t see anything in the fine print about attending a presentation. Just wondered how this turned out for you in December?
I'm not sure you'll get a reply... that poster hasn't been here for over a year.

Right. I saw that but was just assuming if I recently got the offer, they are still sending it out, and maybe someone has participated and could let me know how it went.

I just got an offer from Sheraton Vistana Villages as well. I found this post while researching whether it was a real offer or not. I don't see any fine print on the mailer or on their website about attending a presentation... We just bought APs for the first time so we're trying to squeeze in as many trips as possible without spending too much on hotels. Sounds like it could be a good option for us.

If anyone does take advantage of the offer, please report back on your results.

I booked it but I’m not going until October. No fine print about doing a timeshare presentation and I confirmed it when I booked it. She said that unless it explicitly says it in the terms and conditions, then it is not required. There should be a link in the offer to the full terms and conditions so you should review that.

I’ve stayed at both Vistanas before and I think the deal is worth it. We are not doing the parks in October (I’ve gone 4 times since May 2019). Instead we plan on resort hopping and doing Disney Springs so I don’t mind staying offsite!

Not worth it. We had to do the presentation. This was the first and last timeshare presentation we will ever do. Our “upgraded room” was the larger part of a lock off. We showed up to our appointment on time and skipped the coffee and packaged snacks. We were totally upfront with the sales person that we were not interested. After our 90 minutes was up and we said we were leaving, the attitude of the salesman turned ugly. Wow! We couldn’t believe it!!

Not worth it. We had to do the presentation. This was the first and last timeshare presentation we will ever do. Our “upgraded room” was the larger part of a lock off. We showed up to our appointment on time and skipped the coffee and packaged snacks. We were totally upfront with the sales person that we were not interested. After our 90 minutes was up and we said we were leaving, the attitude of the salesman turned ugly. Wow! We couldn’t believe it!!
Were they able to show you where, in the fine print of the offer, you agreed to attend a presentation? Just trying to figure out how they are hiding the clause.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter