Sheraton Vistana Village $269 offer.....should we take it?

It wasn’t hidden. We knew it was part of the deal when we made the reservation. Many people have done time share presentations. We thought if we said no from the start, we’d do the 90 minutes and be on our way. It got uglier the second we said we were leaving!! The sales person changed attitude and was downright nasty.

We've taken this offer numerous times, but never for a big planned vacation. We do it as a way to be able to take a long weekend trip or an "extra" trip if that makes sense. If I only went on a couple vacations a year and it was one of my big trips I wouldn't take this offer, who wants to lose a half day of your trip in a timeshare meeting? However it's great for an impulse trip as it's so cheap that it's hard to say no to if you can get cheap airfare. The resort is nice, pretty standard timeshare complex but the rooms are nicely appointed and comfortable and the pools are good as well. The rooms are much nicer than at other complexes I've stayed at, including Westgate or whatever it's called, they actually look pretty updated and modern. Location is good, close to Seaworld and Disney. We're owners at the original Vistana and do prefer it, but this is a good alternative option.

Do be prepared for the presentation to suck (if the fine print does state you have to go to it, back when we got these offers there was always a clause that we had to attend the meeting or the "owner's update" as they call it). They will push you and get nasty when you say you're not interested. The last time we went my parents told them outright that they weren't going to buy and were just there for the room deal and they were put through the ringer, numerous people who got progressively nastier with them. Once the 90 minutes were up they tried to get them to stay, they never acknowledged that it was done they just kept having more people come in and my parents got up and walked out during one of the pitches. It was uncomfortable for them but hey it got us a long weekend at Disney we wouldn't have had otherwise

We did this last year...
200 down 79 at the resort.
If you want the 100 planet hollywood giftcard or the bonvoy points you have to go to the presentation.
Its ok to say no thank you.
We did.... then they up changed the offer to 100 visa card, we said no thank you again.

The very first time I rented from Redweek, it was for the Fountains resort. I rented directly from an owner and the timeshare presentation was not required. HOWEVER, on our 2nd day I was in the lobby looking for pamphlets and discount brochures for the Florida Mall. It was raining and we decided to go to the American Girl doll store for my daughter to buy a souvenir and accessories for her doll since we weren't going to the park. Anyway, I heard them offering guests a $150 Visa gift card for going to a presentation. I went over to the desk and asked if it were too late to sign up. Of course it wasn't. I figured why not go and use the $150 gift card at American Girl doll store. They looked up my info and said that since I was a 'guest of an owner', if I attended the presentation, I would get the $150 gift card and they would give the owner a $50 gift card as a referral gift. I agreed. My husband was NOT happy but he went along with it. The timeshare presentation started at 10am. They had a place for the kids to go for entertainment. We were finished and on our way to the mall around noon. So yes, it was a little over 90 minutes. At 11, my husband went over to the kids club and picked up my daughter and brought her to the rest of the presentation. He made sure to take his time coming back and leaving me alone with the salesman. He came back and told me not to forget we have to get over to the mall to meet his brother and sister in law for lunch. Our salesman had his manager come over for one last TRY. We declined the offer to buy, they gave us a signed voucher and we picked up our gift card on the way out. I activated it in the car, and we went to the Florida mall as planned.
Before we left Orlando, I made sure to send the owner a postcard to thank him for renting to us. A few days after we returned from vacation, the owner sent me an email thanking me for the postcard asking about the $50 gift card. He thought it was a gift from us. I told him it was a gift from the resort because I listed him as the referral. He told me I wasn't expected to go to a presentation. I told him I volunteered because I got rained out one day and it was no big deal. To my surprise, about a week or so later, he sent me the $50 gift card with a note. He didn't say why he gave it to us instead of keeping it for himself. All he said was if we were ever interested in going back to the Fountains to give him a call and we didn't need to go to any sales meetings.

It’s now up to 3 hours you have to sit for. That will kill the whole day.
Not worth losing a day for that nonsense

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!